What To Expect For FanimeCon: Registration 2014 Edition

Started by SOawesomeness, May 14, 2014, 09:22:28 PM

SOawesomeness

What To Expect If You Have Paid Online
For those of you who want to pick up your badge at FanimeCon

1. Arrive at the San Jose Convention Center.
  • Directions to Registration from the main entrance of[indent] the SJCC:
  • Turn right and walk forward. You should see lines and signs for Registration
2. Once you reach LL20 & LL21 of the SJCC where Registration is, line up in the lines to the left of those rooms (the lines closest to the back of the SJCC)
3. Wait in line until you reach the head of the line, where you will walk into a large room.
4. Walk into the large room once a staff/volunteer gives you the go ahead. You should see multiple mini-lines in front of every single booth.
5. Walk into a mini-line with a booth labeled "PRE-PAID PICK-UP" and have your e-postcard and valid photo ID out and ready.
6. When you have reached the front of the line, please present both items to the staff member.
7. Receive your badge, exit the line and go towards the doors at the top of the room to get your swag bag.
8. Receive your swag bag and lanyards and exit the room to enjoy the rest of FanimeCon 2014!

What To Expect If You Will Pay At The SJCC
For those of you who want to register and pay at FanimeCon

1. Arrive at the San Jose Convention Center.
  • Directions to Registration from the main entrance of[indent] the SJCC:
  • Turn right and walk forward. You should see lines and signs for Registration
2. Once you reach LL20 & LL21 of the SJCC where Registration is, line up in the lines to the right of those rooms (the lines closest to the street)
3. Wait in line until you reach the head of the line, where you will walk into a large room.
4. Walk into the large room once a staff/volunteer gives you the go ahead. You should see multiple computers that are facing you.
5. Register your information and your group's information (if applicable). Once you have finished registering, you will receive a QR code print-out.
6. Take your QR code print out and walk into a mini-line with a booth labeled "At-Con & Pick Up" and have your QR code out and ready. If you are paying in methods other than cash, please have your valid photo ID out and ready. Payments that are other than cash without a valid photo ID will not be accepted.
7. When you have reached the front of the line, please present all necessary items to the staff member.
8. Receive your badge, exit the line and go towards the doors at the top of the room to get your swag bag.
9. Receive your swag bag and lanyards and exit the room to enjoy the rest of FanimeCon 2014!

San Jose Convention Center
150 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95113
Lower level rooms in the new expansion
Clockwork Alchemy
Doubletree Hotel
2050 Gateway Plaza, San Jose, CA 95110

Hours
FanimeCon Registration Hours
Thursday: 3pm – 8pm
Friday: 8am – 7pm
Saturday: 8am – 7pm
Sunday: 8am – 7pm
Monday: 8am – 12pm
Clockwork Alchemy Registration Hours
Thursday: 5pm – 8pm
*Hours are subject to change without notice. Thursdays are open to only pre-paid pickup only. We will not be accepting payments on Thursday.

Prices
FanimeCon / Clockwork Alchemy 2014 Membership Prices:
Full Weekend: $75
Friday: $45
Saturday: $50
Sunday: $50
Monday: $40
Half-weekend (Sunday and Monday): $65
Child (10 and under): Free with paid membership
   *Child must be present at the time of badge pickup. Child memberships are created at-con only. Do NOT create an online account for the child.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

SkaiRa1n

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: SOawesomeness on May 14, 2014, 09:22:28 PM
*Hours are subject to change without notice. Thursdays are open to only pre-paid pickup only. We will not be accepting payments on Thursday.

Request for clarification: The Clockwork Alchemey site says Thursday pick-up is going to be from 5 PM - 8 PM: http://www.clockworkalchemy.com/#/essentials/reg

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 14, 2014, 10:23:11 PM
Quote from: SOawesomeness on May 14, 2014, 09:22:28 PM

Request for clarification: The Clockwork Alchemey site says Thursday pick-up is going to be from 5 PM - 8 PM: http://www.clockworkalchemy.com/#/essentials/reg
Yes, sorry- it was a typo. I did mean 5pm. Thanks!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

limDsage

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

Saki Usagishi

Do people need to print out the e-card or can it be scanned on a smart phone?

kookiekween99

Quote from: Saki Usagishi on May 19, 2014, 10:11:06 PM
Do people need to print out the e-card or can it be scanned on a smart phone?

From another thread:

Quote from: RegSystemArchitect on May 14, 2014, 02:21:18 PM
Phones will work if you have them at maximum brightness, but I've found the scanners are more reliable with printed QR codes.

Please print if you can.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Saki Usagishi

FairyChrissy

If you registered with a group, does everyone need the QR code from their email or just the group leader?

DangerHeart

Quote from: FairyChrissy on May 20, 2014, 09:47:40 AM
If you registered with a group, does everyone need the QR code from their email or just the group leader?

Only the leader needs to bring the e-postcard with the entire groups info on it.

korsair

I will be impressed if all goes as planned. It sounds like you guys have worked hard to improve your process.

Thank you!

One question comes to mind. With the fancy printers and all of the computers how much power will this system use?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: korsair on May 20, 2014, 11:49:02 PM
I will be impressed if all goes as planned. It sounds like you guys have worked hard to improve your process.

Thank you!

One question comes to mind. With the fancy printers and all of the computers how much power will this system use?
Why? o.o

If you are worried that we might blow a fuse, we've thought of that and have requested appropriate scaled power.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Tony

Quote from: korsair on May 20, 2014, 11:49:02 PMOne question comes to mind. With the fancy printers and all of the computers how much power will this system use?
Are you asking about the system's... power level?
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

KithKanan

Kickin' it Old-skool.

Kuudere

This might be a silly question, but if someone registered with a group, but needs to know their individual badge ID number for another reason (a swap meet seller), how might one find out that ID number? I think the email only has the ID of the leader of the group, which would not match the name of the seller. Any idea?

AngelWings

Quote from: Kuudere on May 21, 2014, 09:49:32 AM
This might be a silly question, but if someone registered with a group, but needs to know their individual badge ID number for another reason (a swap meet seller), how might one find out that ID number? I think the email only has the ID of the leader of the group, which would not match the name of the seller. Any idea?

Hi you can use the group confirmation number for swap meet. If you have any other questions regarding registration feel free to contact [email protected].

CrystalRobot

I was planning on just going a half-weekend Sunday and Monday, but now I'm considering going Saturday as well. Would going Saturday, Sunday and Monday cost the same as a full-weekend badge? I'm guessing it would. I just wanna be sure before I make any last-minute decisions.
my deviantART
http://crystalrobot123.deviantart.com/

~I do commissions! Note me at my deviantART page!~

Fanime 2017 Cosplay: TBA

SOawesomeness

Quote from: CrystalRobot on May 23, 2014, 01:37:09 PM
I was planning on just going a half-weekend Sunday and Monday, but now I'm considering going Saturday as well. Would going Saturday, Sunday and Monday cost the same as a full-weekend badge? I'm guessing it would. I just wanna be sure before I make any last-minute decisions.
If you purchased 3 single day memberships, it would actually cost more than a full weekend membership. We've set up the prices so that if you want to purchase two days, you might as well purchase Full Weekend memberships as it is cheaper than buying two single days.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration