Early morning wait time?

Started by makaseo, May 21, 2014, 04:09:50 PM

makaseo

Didn't expect to go to Fanime this year, but a friend of mine is doing a panel on Saturday afternoon. It's way too late to preorder, so I'd have to buy single-day badges on-site.

If I get to the con at 6 or 7 AM, do you guys think I could get in safely before 2 PM? I attended 2012 on a Saturday, and the wait time was around 6 hours, but I'm not sure if the lines will be longer this time around.

Really appreciate any replies!

Kyra_Maverick

Actually you can pre-pay online the night before for single day badges this year. Wait times are estimated to be way down, but I'll let someone else give you an estimate.

Nina Star 9

I was wondering something similar -- I'll have to pick up my badge early on Saturday morning (pre-reg), and I was wondering how early I should get there. I've only ever picked up badges on Friday afternoons before, so I don't have any sort of idea how the line will be that early on Saturday. Should I get there an hour before? give myself more time? Or will the badge situation hopefully be better and I'll be able to get there only a little bit before reg opens? I guess we really won't know until the con how the line situation is, but I'm wondering how Saturday morning pre-reg has been in the past. I'd think that a lot of people would have already picked up their badges Thursday or Friday, but with the new system, people buying one-day badges can prepay, so it may add more people to the system.

If anyone has any insight, please let me know. :]

makaseo

Thanks for the replies--didn't know you could buy the night before. I'll most likely do that, as anything that makes the wait time shorter would be fantastic.

Hopefully someone can share what they know of last year's Saturday morning wait times.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: makaseo on May 22, 2014, 01:22:08 AM
Thanks for the replies--didn't know you could buy the night before. I'll most likely do that, as anything that makes the wait time shorter would be fantastic.

Hopefully someone can share what they know of last year's Saturday morning wait times.

They redid the reg system this year so any info on last year is probably out of date.

Kyra_Maverick

Based on todays reg pickup l suspect Saturday will go quickly.

katsumi

I'm wondering myself how long pre-reg badge pickup will be for Saturday.. I want to know when I should get there. But I am planning to take the bus to get there, but it doesn't leave early enough on weekends to get there before 8pm to wait in line. I was thinking of getting there at 7am, but the earliest bus is 7:11am..

cassz

Quote from: katsumi on May 22, 2014, 09:06:44 PM
I'm wondering myself how long pre-reg badge pickup will be for Saturday.. I want to know when I should get there. But I am planning to take the bus to get there, but it doesn't leave early enough on weekends to get there before 8pm to wait in line. I was thinking of getting there at 7am, but the earliest bus is 7:11am..

The Thursday pre-reg badge pickup at Doubletree Hotel was about 20 minutes, and according to Twitter, at the San Jose Convention Center, it was anywhere from 5-15 minutes, so the weekend wait times look favorable.