KUDOS TO REGISTRATION!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 22, 2014, 12:45:50 PM

EJAY420

Im hearing and seeing nothing but beautiful comments about registration. Thanks to the staff who took control and make this possible. Wonderful way to start the con! :-)
Most Impressive.

Lucifargundam

Yeah, congrats reg staff!! I hope future years are the same!!!

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

DangerHeart

Quote from: hikanteki on May 22, 2014, 05:23:13 PM
This is great news!  If it ends up being as short the other days this weekend then I'll get a one day pass after all.

I wonder why they didn't let people beforehand know what they were planning on doing to make it go so smoothly, though!  Maybe they didn't want to get people's hopes up in case it didn't turn out.  But had we known, we would have preregistered.

I read in a different thread about the printing on site and how long it had taken in the test runs so I was feeling really hopeful about this year.

mikasa-san

I just had to stop by to say WOW. My friends and I got our badges instantly. This is the first con that that has EVER happened. Thank you Fanime staff for making this the smoothest day 0 ever!!!
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

otakuya

Who'd ever thought there would be a thread like this? It's only day 0, but it's already one of the best Fanimes ever

FanFicGuru

Quote from: otakuya on May 22, 2014, 06:43:19 PM
Who'd ever thought there would be a thread like this? It's only day 0, but it's already one of the best Fanimes ever

All i gotta say is haters gonna hate.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

bsan89

I got there at 10:30am, I left at 11:15am. WOW GREAT JOB FANIME! LINE-CON IS BEST CON!

ShikiIchijo

Major kudos! I was a group leader for eight people and I had a friend time me on how long it took me to get through the "maze" and get the badges. 7.5 minutes. Best Day 0 ever since 2005.
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

Firefury Amahira

We got there about 4pm, and my group was totally floored at seeing the "maze" almost deserted! Major props to the reg team for the successful murder of Linecon! :D
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

obliviousedward

Dude. I won't be getting to Fanime until tomorrow afternoon, and I am FLOORED in the best way possible just reading this thread. My group made plans to leave super early tomorrow morning in anticipation of the huge lines for badge pickup, but now I'm feeling this growing sense of elation at the thought that maybe I won't actually be subject to a long wait after a six-hour car ride! ;)

We'll see how it pans out when I arrive tomorrow, but I'll say thanks in advance! Way to go, staff!
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

korsair

I have to say to the entire registration team you guys did an awesome job today.

The only real reason for people to complain is if the group leader wasn't in line when registration started. But in the end with there being no lines that ended up being a non issue.

The only group that might not have been happy is the swap meet. I think they got slammed due to everyone having their badges.

Freeden

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 22, 2014, 04:20:29 PM
I was working line control for a few hours, and I actually heard some people complaining it was too short. :P

Haha, I joked around with friends that the spirit of the con had been diminished a bit because we didn't have to wait in line. I had so much extra time, I didn't know what to do.

otakuya

There's still a LineCon though.....at swap meet.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: otakuya on May 23, 2014, 12:46:43 AM
There's still a LineCon though.....at swap meet.

Son of lineCon

SpiritOfKairi

I don't know what the registration department did this year to streamline things, but oh my god did they get it right =).  I got there Friday at about 2:30, and it took me a total of maybe 5 minutes tops to power walk through the yellow tape, pick up my group's badges, and get the bags.  All I can say is thank you, registration, and keep it up for the years to come!  =D

jedisurvivor

Seriously, bless the hearts of whoever came up with the new reg system.  From entering the line area to badge in hand, it was less than 6 minutes 40 seconds, and most of that was spent walking up and down the taped-off isles. :p

otakuya

Next year, keep that same system for badges. Just cut down on the maze

PacificPikachu

I was so pleasantly shocked by how smooth and easy the reg system was this year! Kudos, staff, you did an incredible job turning the reg situation around! I'm super impressed. :D

time4chowder

Definitely kudos to how quickly registration was able to process! The only drawback was the maze and we can't even cut through the tape even with no line. I honestly thought that was absolutely unnecessary and a complete waste of time. If there's no line, why waste our time walking through all that? They should have at least taken some of those poles/caution tape down.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: time4chowder on May 27, 2014, 03:27:52 PM
Definitely kudos to how quickly registration was able to process! The only drawback was the maze and we can't even cut through the tape even with no line. I honestly thought that was absolutely unnecessary and a complete waste of time. If there's no line, why waste our time walking through all that? They should have at least taken some of those poles/caution tape down.

The tape and line has to be there for any line that may form in the future. If they take it down and then the line starts blocking fire exits etc, now they have to worry about re-positioning people and establishing boundaries so that people don't jump the line.

Additionally, by building in that maze they also helped to stagger the people who got to the door. For example, if there is a line of 10 people at the front of the maze and then 10 more people enter the "maze" and take about a minute to get to the front, now the line is no longer there. It gives registration time they need to process any residual line.

Seriously, if all people have to complain about was having to walk through an EMPTY line maze, I'd say Registration honestly has nothing to change.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015