KUDOS TO REGISTRATION!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 22, 2014, 12:45:50 PM

FanFicGuru

I know it's only Thursday, but they opened the line 3 hours early and the process is extremely smooth! One of the vice chairs was in front of me and said they average 3600/hour with the new system. GREAT JOB REG STAFF! Let's see how tomorrow goes...
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Sen

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 22, 2014, 12:45:50 PM
I know it's only Thursday, but they opened the line 3 hours early and the process is extremely smooth! One of the vice chairs was in front of me and said they average 3600/hour with the new system. GREAT JOB REG STAFF! Let's see how tomorrow goes...

Welcome back FanFicGuru! I thought you had left us for good.

YES Reg is OPEN NOW and accepting pre-paid pick up only!! (No Payments today unless you prepay online!)
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Metriosity

That really was incredible.

Last year, all sorts of factors came together to leave everyone with a sour taste in their mouth in regards to badge pick up. This year, it was a complete 180. I have never been to any other con where everything went so smooth.

Thank you guys. I know we all appreciate the amazing work you did.

Admiral Donuts

We were in line a few minutes after 9, reg opened around 11:15, we got our badges a few minutes before noon.

They couldn't hand out bags and lanyards fast enough!

raltga

Good job Fanime! Registration gets the con off to a fantastic start. Big thank you to everyone who made registration so painless this year.

InsaneDavid

Agreed on all points! This was the fastest registration pickup for ANY convention of ANY kind I have ever seen.  It was walk-in, walk-out around 12:15.  Thank you ALL!
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Leutheria

Is this only Fanime or Clockwork Alchemy too?

svatoid

Great job registration people!!!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Sen on May 22, 2014, 01:12:21 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 22, 2014, 12:45:50 PM

Welcome back FanFicGuru! I thought you had left us for good.

YES Reg is OPEN NOW and accepting pre-paid pick up only!! (No Payments today unless you prepay online!)

Can't keep me away...! Especially if you stick with this awesome registration system!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

SkaiRa1n

I arrived there at 10 with my chair XD..I was prepared to wait 5 hours, but instead I only had to wait an hour and a half. Kudos to registration!

Also wanted to add that throwing the beach ball was a fun way to pass the time.

DangerHeart

Got in line around 11:40, got out with all 6 of my groups badges around 12:30. The line wasn't moving a lot when I got there but it picked up speed fast and soon it was steady shuffle into the main room with the registration booths and it only took like 30 seconds to print out all badges once my postcard was scanned. Best badge pickup experience I've had  ;) Really hope this system stays for future years. The only hiccup was when the scanner for the line I was originally in stopped working, but moving lines didn't add much more than 2 minutes to my wait time.

Kyra_Maverick

This is great way to start off con. Every member of staff I passed in the non line had a smug smile and a knowing nod. Great job reg staff!

Freeden

Agreed on all fronts. This is my fifth year and in all the time I've gone, this is the best badge pickup I have ever seen. There was no line when I went to pick my badge up. Keep it up, Fanime. The reg. people deserve a cake. Heck, they deserve two.

xkuramaxhieix

I'm sure that this has all been said before, but I'm going to say it again.

Good Job Fanime on improving the pre-paid badge pick up, and badge printing. You are leaving me incredibly hopeful for this fanime. That said, thanks for making it so smooth too. I was really impressed with how quickly everything went by. I was prepared to sit around and wait until five pm for my badge. I'm thrilled that the line opened up almost four hours earlier than the announced time originally. Thanks so much to the fanime registration staff!

BunofGovt

Pre-paid badge pickup was awesome.  The longest amount spent was simply getting from the entry to picking up the badge, a matter of minutes (we got there about 2pm and had the badge as quickly as that!).  My only complaint is that my friend's badge had the cutest penguin and I had the bishie... hmm tough choice!!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

MeloettaMeridian

I, too, want to commend reg staff. Staff has been so disorganized with getting the website up and so on, and I (along with everyone else) was so frustrated. I was sure LineCon would happen again... But I couldn't be happier that staff didn't drop the ball with the reg lines this year! <3 <3 <3 My sister and I got there at 1:30 and we were in and out within ten minutes (probably more like five, really). Same with my brother when he came around 3:00.

I can't help but wonder what will happen with all the fan-made LineCon 2014 merchandise though. Hm...

Quote from: BunofGovt on May 22, 2014, 04:00:50 PM
My only complaint is that my friend's badge had the cutest penguin and I had the bishie... hmm tough choice!!

My sister and I encountered the same problem... I have a penguin badge and she has a bishie badge. Ha ha ha. :)

kookiekween99

I was working line control for a few hours, and I actually heard some people complaining it was too short. :P
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

djmonolith

A dream come true... it was such an amazing change from the previous 2 years. 
This is my signature.

hikanteki

This is great news!  If it ends up being as short the other days this weekend then I'll get a one day pass after all.

I wonder why they didn't let people beforehand know what they were planning on doing to make it go so smoothly, though!  Maybe they didn't want to get people's hopes up in case it didn't turn out.  But had we known, we would have preregistered.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 22, 2014, 04:20:29 PM
I was working line control for a few hours, and I actually heard some people complaining it was too short. :P

Me and my friends were mystified by the amountof free time we had... The one thing we weren't prepared for.