Panels 2014 Feedback Thread

Started by ashimada, June 02, 2014, 06:10:03 PM

ashimada

Hello Wonderful People!

Thank you so much for joining us in 2014. There were a few big changes this year, including the move to the Fairmont and the addition of Fan Events. In order to keep improving, we would love to hear back from you, as fans, panelists, volunteers and staff. Con just ended, but we're already making plans for next year. So, please let us know:

1. What did you like/what worked?

2. What did you dislike/what didn't work?

3. What suggestions do you have for next year?

4. Are there panels/topics you really want to see next year (other than your own  :P )?

5. Anything else you want to mention?

Feel free to write as much or as little as you like!
If you want to get in contact with Panels, you can email us at [email protected]

Here's looking at 2015~!
Alisa S.
Panels Head '15
FanimeCon 09-15

CeruleanRogue

Thank you for having the Panels lounge/check-in area in the same location as the panels this year.  Last year, that was a bit frustrating when I had my panel because I was staying at the Fairmont and presenting there.  The running (figuratively speaking) up to the panels lounge to check in, then running back to the Fairmont to present my panel was a bit annoying.  This year felt much smoother.  :)

Imperial

they went smoothly. nothing to crazy but still managable.

Why did the fairmont have the same panels as the cosplay hangout I have no idea. There were none that shared the idea with the hangout last year, so why this year?

Maybe work with the hangout to have their panels in the schedule, as well as making more cosplay oriented panels there.
4. Are there panels/topics you really want to see next year (other than your own  :P )?
you can guess what.
Use and don't overlap panels you already have.

Kava

Other departments having their own panels without consulting the Panels department is an issue we had already intended to address this year. Because their programming hasn't been going through us or coordinating with us, we weren't actually aware of the overlap, so I'm glad that you mentioned it. It's definitely a problem when other departments have things they call panels or workshops, but don't coordinate with us, because it makes things confusing for those who are not staff and trying to attend these events.

Having a single room in the Fairmont and the rest of the rooms in the Marriott last year was kind of awkward all around, but we were happy that we managed to pull it off without too many problems.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

KairuPhotography

Quote from: ashimada on June 02, 2014, 06:10:03 PM
Hello Wonderful People!

Thank you so much for joining us in 2014. There were a few big changes this year, including the move to the Fairmont and the addition of Fan Events. In order to keep improving, we would love to hear back from you, as fans, panelists, volunteers and staff. Con just ended, but we're already making plans for next year. So, please let us know:

Nice variety of panels and subjects

Not that it was in your control, but I didn't like having to go so far across the way to get to the panel rooms in the second hotel. I also had a hard time finding rooms (some weren't labeled very well for some reason)

I know panel scheduling is probably a mess, but as much as possible it'd be nice to have thematic sections, so one room will mostly be about cosplay and one area will mostly be about industry stuff, or something similar. I understand if that can't be done though. I do think the map of where panels are being hosted would be good since last time I asked a few people and the staff didn't know where the panel room I was looking for was. If it was on the map it would've been easy.

I applied and at this point it looks like I will be hosting my first panel (fingers crossed). Other than my own I'd like to see more cultural panels (nerd culture, cosplay culture, gamer culture, japanese culture, american anime culture, etc.)

I appreciate all the work that goes into panels from the organization, to the speakers, to the volunteers, etc. So thank you everyone for your work. I hope to join the ranks of panel speakers for 2015, so look forward to getting involved more.

Here's looking at 2015~!