FANIME HOTEL QUESTIONS (2015)

Started by FrenchBreadRedWine, July 24, 2014, 10:50:03 PM

FrenchBreadRedWine

I REALLY WANT TO STAY AT THE HILTON OR THE FAIRMONT

HOW FAR AHEAD DO I NEED TO BOOK IN ADVANCE TO ASSURE I GET A ROOM?

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PRICE RANGES OF THE FAIRMONT/HILTON DURING FANIME?

WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND? 

:-*

MeloettaMeridian

I answered your question regarding when housing opens here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19604.msg481075.html#new

You COULD try going to the Hilton and Fairmont websites to see if there are any rooms available for Fanime weekend, but my guess is that, most likely, Fanime staff have already blocked off all of the rooms ahead of time for when housing starts. It couldn't hurt to check, but there's a 99% chance you'll have to wait until housing officially opens to get a room.
According to the 2014 Fanime hotel list, rooms at the Hilton were between $88 and $122, while rooms at the Fairmont were between $89 and $115. I imagine the prices will be higher next year, but I don't think it'll be by TOO much more.
The only time I've stayed at a hotel during Fanime was this year - I stayed at the Hilton with my sister, and personally, I rather liked it! =) Nice spacious room, plus being that close to the convention was very convenient. The hotel staff were very helpful and polite, too.
However, as I said, I've only stayed at a hotel during the con this one year. Someone who's been going to the con and staying at the hotels longer than I have will probably have more a more useful opinion regarding which hotel is the best.

FrenchBreadRedWine

Quote from: MeloettaMeridian on July 25, 2014, 06:20:10 PM
I answered your question regarding when housing opens here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19604.msg481075.html#new

You COULD try going to the Hilton and Fairmont websites to see if there are any rooms available for Fanime weekend, but my guess is that, most likely, Fanime staff have already blocked off all of the rooms ahead of time for when housing starts. It couldn't hurt to check, but there's a 99% chance you'll have to wait until housing officially opens to get a room.
According to the 2014 Fanime hotel list, rooms at the Hilton were between $88 and $122, while rooms at the Fairmont were between $89 and $115. I imagine the prices will be higher next year, but I don't think it'll be by TOO much more.
The only time I've stayed at a hotel during Fanime was this year - I stayed at the Hilton with my sister, and personally, I rather liked it! =) Nice spacious room, plus being that close to the convention was very convenient. The hotel staff were very helpful and polite, too.
However, as I said, I've only stayed at a hotel during the con this one year. Someone who's been going to the con and staying at the hotels longer than I have will probably have more a more useful opinion regarding which hotel is the best.

Well I'm definitely going to contact one of those hotels ASAP just to ask them a few questions about the housing situation and again you helped out tremendously