Skullgirls Tournament for Fanime 2015

Started by DJAzure, August 18, 2014, 09:01:39 AM

DJAzure

So this year at Fanime 2014 I got kinda... annoyed when the gaming room did not have the latest version of Skullgirls.

I got even more annoyed when the people running the tournament wouldn't delay it for 10 minutes so that someone could bring a PS3 they had in their hotel room that had the latest version.

I ask for three things for Fanime 2015.

1. Please have the latest version (Skullgirls Encore) with the latest characters. By next year, it will have Squigly, Big Band, Eliza, Beowulf and/or Robo-Fortune

2. If you don't have this latest version, please don't be jerks when we say that we have the latest version and we can bring it.

3. Please don't act like jerks and claim that us using a laptop that had the latest version or even more egregious a PS3 with the latest version would give "an advantage" to the person that brought it.

If needed, try contacting Lab Zero. They are really cool with anyone wanting to promote the game through tournaments (DISCLAIMER: I don't work for Lab Zero)

Addendum: Please don't shut down a mini tournament (that was basically better because we had the latest version on my laptop) when we only had 3 matches left.

ewu

Thanks for letting us know!

I'm sorry you didn't have the optimal experience. FanimeCon is a complicated entity and sometimes there are reasons we cannot allow certain things. Sometimes its simple and other times its multifaceted and complicated. I'm not saying that this was the case, but sometimes it is efficient for all parties to simply state that something is not allowed without a fully satisfying explanation.

We like for you to have fun:) We don't do it to power trip or in spite of you, but to allow the event to continue to be here for your enjoyment. So, please continue to pass on feedback and will will do our best to accommodate, but please also be patient if we cannot immediately resolve the problem.

Thank you again! and we will contact Lab Zero as well as many other providers.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kaiyoko

Thank you for posting feedback and I'm really sorry to hear what happened with the tournament. To my knowledge from Con, I thought we did have one of our staffers updating a PS3 to the latest version of the game. If that was not the case, we apologize for poor overall tournament quality, mis-communication, and rude conduct of our staffers that occurred.

Going forward for 2015, we will be making sure all of our Console and PC Gaming tournaments are running the latest version, patch, or otherwise. It can be a little tricky when the developer decides to drop a patch right on Day-Zero and none of us are aware about it until someone informs us.

In regards to having a mini tournament, we want to keep all tournaments and events inside the Gaming Hall (Hall 3) official and staff-ran to prevent confusion to the attendees. We do this to make sure everything is being run on legal and non-modified equipment, and more importantly keep it fair. I understand this was not the case - we will make sure we are better prepared. We're ok with attendees giving us assistance to run the tournament, as long they have Games Management Team approval on-site and no problems occur.

Again, thank you for the feedback and like Ewu said, we will be reaching out to Lab Zero for 2015.
Felicito, aka "Chito"
FanimeCon Games Director
games at fanime dot com
Twitter - @FanimeConGaming