Cosplayers around the area?

Started by catcookiedough, August 24, 2014, 11:44:18 AM

catcookiedough

I'm still fairly new when it comes to cosplaying and none of my friends cosplay so I was hoping to try and make new friends who do! I live in Santa Clara County by the way and will be attending Fanime 2015. I'm planning to go as Aiko from Oyasumi Punpun, genderbent version of Clear from dmmd, and Hinata Shoyo from Haikyuu. If anyone is willing to maybe partner up with a beginner like me that would be great and if not maybe some cosplay tips?

SquishyK

I find the best way to meet new cosplayers in an area is to socialize at cosplay gathering during the convention. Especially when it is a series you really love it's a great icebreaker to get to know other cosplayers. After gatherings people often ask if others are interested in going to lunch/breakfast/dinner and that is a great opportunity to connect and make friends. You could also audition for a cosplay panel. I did that for an Attack on Titan panel at Fanime last year and now our group gets along so well that we hang out all the time and are doing panels at other cons. If nobody is organizing a dmmd gathering you might consider organizing one yourself. I saw some cosplayers at the NorCal gathering from dmmd so there might be others interested in cosplaying from it (I know some of my friends are). I took over organization for the Super Smash Bros/ Nintendo gathering last year, it wasn't that difficult and I had a lot of fun. If you have any specific questions involving cosplay (wig, makeup, "how would u make ...") let me know and I'll try to help.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

Ko-tan

Hi there, I am also in the Santa Clara county area. It also happens that I don't have any cosplaying friends. I would love to have someone to cosplay with as I am usually solo. Fanime 2015 will be my 9th in a row. I have been cosplaying since 2004, but wouldn't consider myself an expert. I can definitely help you if you needed tips for anything.

Imperial

Im at SJSU, and I am looking for other cosplayers period myself, as now im in an area with other cosplayers I can finally work with others. I also offer photo shoots and tips on posing for pictures. SJSU is holding a crafts day soon (will post the date soon) and there I can really help in construction of props and such. I really hope to meet others to make and help people cosplay.

palereyn

Hello! If you don't mind, I'd be willing to group up with you for Fanime 1025. I don't have anyone to cosplay with yet. It's only my second year, though. So I'm a little inexperienced too. But i can also do a lot of sewing and crafts.