Attendee housing to open Nov. 10

Started by ewu, November 02, 2014, 08:23:06 PM

ewu

Hello everyone,

Attendee registration will open Monday Nov. 3rd. You may begin to book hotel rooms on Nov 10 through the same site. The exact time is still TBD.

Thanks everybody! And see you at con 2015!

Eric
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

YaoiCat

When can we get the list of hotels and their rates?  Hoping to have the info before housing goes live so I can properly plan and communicate with possible roommates.

Darcimus Prime

I second Yaoicat!
Just so I know how much money I need to put aside to pay on time.
;)

I feel like I'm back in the 90's on AIM

Dinobunny

I vote for a list of hotels and their rates as well please :)

FrenchBreadRedWine

Quote from: Dinobunny on November 04, 2014, 06:38:33 PM
I vote for a list of hotels and their rates as well please :)

It stated on their FB I believe that the rates and hotels will go up ON the day of :)

Firefury Amahira

Ur... how's this going to work for those of us who go the panelist route, anyway? Do you need the attendee registration to get the hotel? Or will the hotels be the same sort of madhouse free-for-all as in years past?
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

phr34kish

They've stated before that you don't need registration to get a hotel this year, so if you're waiting to get the panelist deal you should be fine.

citrus

It just gets harder to book a hotel room each year. And as time goes by there will be new attendees it will only get even harder. The convention has plenty of room for more people but hotels are a different matter. All the hotels the are close the convention are always booked in just one day and all that's left are hotels two miles away from the convention which nobody wants! Why can't fanime get more hotels or at least put restrictions on the hotels to make it easier to vook?

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: citrus on November 07, 2014, 04:15:40 PM
It just gets harder to book a hotel room each year. And as time goes by there will be new attendees it will only get even harder. The convention has plenty of room for more people but hotels are a different matter. All the hotels the are close the convention are always booked in just one day and all that's left are hotels two miles away from the convention which nobody wants! Why can't fanime get more hotels or at least put restrictions on the hotels to make it easier to vook?

This is a consequence of having a popular convention. FanimeCon already works with the current hotels to get rates that are (I think) roughly half of what the hotels normally charge. The hotels they don't get are ones that are unwilling to work with the con to get lower prices, and you're welcome to book those on your own.

Admiral Donuts

24 hours until Hotel reg opens.

The fanime.com website last said it was TBD.

The Housing page says it's at 10 AM PT.

Facebook says it's 1 PM PST.

There's no list of hotels, rooms, or available rates.

I appreciate hotel reg being offered so early but it seems kinda pointless if it's not actually ready.

citrus

Which one is it then I wonder? Everybody is wondering which is the correct time which only creates more tension. That is not something we need for a convention. If Fanime continues to have issues like this, this shows that they are truly, incompetent. Which has shown in the past few years. If you want to earn your attendees trust. Then you shouldn't have problems like these pop up.

Admiral Donuts

Most likely it's going to be at 1 PM PST, since that's what's on Facebook and Twitter.

Also let's not forget last year when they released the URL of the housing website earlier than they said and people who caught it got a few extra minutes of booking time.

ewu

I have confirmed that 1p is the opening time.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

SquishyK

I'm so glad to see that Fanime was able to get Four Points to offer housing through Fanime this year. Last year they were one of the last hotels with available rooms and were doing some horrible price gouging because of it. (Trust me, I looked up their prices for the following weekend and the difference was ridiculous).
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

DangerHeart

Do we have to sign with our registration info to book the hotel since its on the same page?

ewu

yes you do. You sign in to the site with your email address and zip code.

Quote from: DangerHeart on November 10, 2014, 12:23:15 PM
Do we have to sign with our registration info to book the hotel since its on the same page?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

DangerHeart

Quote from: ewu on November 10, 2014, 12:26:19 PM
yes you do. You sign in to the site with your email address and zip code.

Quote from: DangerHeart on November 10, 2014, 12:23:15 PM

Thank you for the very speedy reply.

mlarad

So, we need to buy a badge right now to get a hotel reservation?

The hotel option is after you select to buy a badge, will there be an option to just make a hotel reservation?

Avairrianna

I think we done broke it...all of it...
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Gwydion

Even the phones...I get between a busy signal and an error message saying the call didn't go through...