6 (85.7%)
MAYBE
1 (14.3%)
NO
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Kotuea

WELCOME YOUKAI, HUMANS, MAGICIANS TO GENSOKYO

ATTENTION: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Hello again! This is Kotuea! I'll be hosting the Touhou gathering at Fanime again for 2015!

Is everyone still interested in hanging out after the gathering?

TOUHOU PROJECT GATHERING

https://www.facebook.com/events/761127287305788/

Day: Saturday or Sunday?
TIME: 11 AM
Meeting place: Same as Location

Here's a link of the location just in case:
http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/BSaphire/media/GCDLocationsMapFinal.jpg.html

List of Attending

Kotuea ~ Flandre Scarlet
Spark Miko Miko ~ Alice Margatroid
Vasyenka
Vasyenka's Girlfriend ~ Remilia Scarlet and Sakuya Izayoi (Koumajou Densetsu ver.)
Shinki ~ Shinki
Love Colored Master Spark ~ Marisa Kirisame

Photography Order

Group shot with everyone

Group shots for each game:
Touhou PC-98
Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil (EoSD)
Perfect Cherry Blossom (PCB)
Imperishable Night (IN)
Phantasmagoria of Flower View (PoFV)
Mountain of Faith (MoF)
Subterranean Animism (SA)
Undefined Fantastic Object (UFO)
Ten Desires (TD)
Double Dealing Character (DDC)
Impossible Spell Card (ISC)

Spin offs (Games with the ".5"):
Immaterial and Missing Power (IaMP)
Shoot the Bullet (StB)
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (SWR)
Touhou Hisoutensoku
Double Spoiler
Fairy Wars
Hopeless Masquerade
Impossible Spell Card

Official Touhou Project Manga

Koumajou Densetsu (Aka. Touhouvania)

Fanart (If Any)

Requests

Final Group Shot with everyone

News
Coming Soon

Gore Screaming Show

We've had good turnouts the past couple of post gatherings, I'll be organizing another for sure.

I'll be mulling it over, as well as some suggestions for the main part of the gathering as well. Should be up soonish, but one thing I'd personally like to do is provide bottled water if we're doing another mid afternoon gathering.

Kotuea

Hello again Gore Screaming Show!

I apologize for not coming to the last post gathering event. TToTT I wasn't feeling well, so I had to go back to my hotel.
I will definitely come to the next one!

Hmmm.... For the next outing. I found a restaurant about 2 blocks away. It's called Tofoo Com Chay. It's mostly Vietnamese food.
Another place is Falafel Bar. It's a lot closer and seems interesting to have bite at.

Giving out water does seem like a good idea. I'm willing to buy the water bottles for people. As long I don't go broke... Hahaha.

TouhouCon 2015 is happening on September 18-20th! We have some really good guests for next year like ARM from IOSYS, Masayoshi Minoshima from Alstroemeria Records, and REDALiCE from ALiCE'S EMOTiON!

Gore Screaming Show

I felt pretty foolish I didn't at least fetch you a bottle of water <___< Hopefully the weather will be decent this year, though it's more likely to be hot than not considering the dates. I wonder if pushing the cosplay gathering towards being an evening one wouldn't be such a bad idea, all things considered. Perhaps an hour or so once the concert ends? Might be able to catch some people who skip the after gathering for it that way as well, though with a later gathering it might be better to eat first? I doubt that the time will be shifting at all though, but just something I've considered might work. At the very least, it might be a good idea to get that area in the corner between the Marriot and the convention center, since it naturally has a lot more shade at the time we've been doing the gatherings the past couple of years.

On a more realistic level, the photos ought to be not a straight shot through the games. One of the major issues here is that some of the cosplayers are doing characters that aren't going to simply be in most photos, and they're probably more bound to just skip out than stick around for just a few photos.

I'd be fine with most anything, as long as it can fit our party of (I assume based on the past few years) 12-18 people comfortably. Price info and the like would be great to know beforehand as well, so everyone has a full picture before we head out to one of those locations (since the ultimate decision will be made on scene).

I'm going to try and go this coming year, everything was a bit too last minute last time so I didn't feel comfortable making the plunge, but now is set in stone I can plan to join in on the fun. Meanwhile, the local bay area Touhou gatherings (Bayhou) are still happening, with the next to hopefully be 12/13 (if the information is actually up... which I don't know if it is since I don't do the social media stuff). Lots of great fun to be had with the community here in California, whether it be Norcal, Socal, no matter the time of year.

Kotuea

Naaah. It's okay! I was fairly hydrated during the gathering. I am considering having the gathering in the morning or late eveningish. There are the tree areas near the entrance of the convention center. I will try to have the gathering at a different location if possible.

Should I change the photography order then? I will think about a new way to have many people to join in.

I see, hmm.... I will bring a list of restaurants (hopefully cheap ones, but good food) and we can try to pick which one to go to.

Yeah, the planning and organization for TouhouCon was really rushed. Now they're doing things early.

Gore Screaming Show

11AM seemed to work fairly well in 2012. Early, but not too early, and probably/hopefully shouldn't interfere too much with other possible plans the various attendee's might have.

It's not so much changing the photography order and more mixing in more ideas for the photos in general. This can be tailored to an extent at the gathering as well, since we'll know how many of each character is being cosplayed and adjust according, with an eye towards inclusive of lesser known/featured characters, such as possible Rinnosuke/Renko/Maribel cosplayers, etc.

Well, San Jose is full of good cheap food, especially close to the convention center. The after gathering doesn't have to be directly after either, we could always convene again at a later time the same day. So, if the gathering was 11:00 - 12:30, for example, and then we'd meet up again between 7:00-7:15, decide on where to eat, and head out from there. Recently, though this would only apply to those over twenty one, a cocktail bar named Paper Plane has opened up close by the convention center (which I can't personally vouce for yet, though that will change this weekend). Might be a nice place to hit up for those eligible and interested after we eat dinner.

Kotuea

I'm okay with 11 AM. I was thinking about having it at 11 AM since I do have maid cafe at 1 PM, which is a mandatory shift. We could also do 5 or 6 PM, which is later in the evening and a lot more cooler.

Okay then, I'll adjust to who's at the gathering.

For food, I am okay with eating at a later time since many others have to go to other gatherings, panels, etc.
I will make a poll on the facebook event page also about this.

We have new special guest for TouhouCon too! Yuuhei Satellite!

Gore Screaming Show

Let's aim for 11 AM then. I've never actually visited the Maid Café, but maybe I'll swing by this year.

For fooding, let's meet up somewhere at 8:00 (perhaps the lobby of one of the hotels such as the Fairmont), and give fifteen/thirty minutes for people to join up, which at that point we can agree on a place to eat and head out from there.

I'm tentatively working out plans to go to Touhoucon next year, for sure! I have a feeling there is a guest announcement that I'm really going to dig, and I always enjoy hanging out with the community (12/13 Bayhou was a ton of fun, etc).

Kotuea

Yes! You should definitely visit the maid cafe! The wait time is like 45 minutes though.

Good idea for meeting up at the Fairmont, all the restaurants are closer to it anyway. I'll ask what time the others want to go for dinner for.

I will be in NorCal during that time, so I don't mind carpooling to TouhouCon. Then again, I do have a ton of people that are interested in carpooling. Hahaha.

Gore Screaming Show

Oh I noticed you added the link to the FB side as well, very nice.

I'll see.

Japantown is a quick hop away via light rail, might be something worth considering for food options as well.

I'd be interested in carpooling down to Touhoucon as well if possible, it's cheaper than flying (and a bit more personal/a good chance to talk with fellow fans than busing would be). The summer Bayhou gathering will be 8/1, so if you're around Norcal than as well it would be great if you could possibly stop by! The more, the merrier.

Kotuea

I realize that when I deactivate my facebook, so does everything else too like the Fanime Touhou Gathering event hahaha. Even getting someone to "co-host" won't work.

How long does it take to get to Japantown by light rail and how much is the fare generally?

Hmm... I'll be back in NorCal "permanently"-ish after Fanime, so I'll be definitely going to that Bayhou gathering! I'll see what happens regarding carpooling as it gets closer to the con. Right now is too soon. Hahaha.

Gore Screaming Show

That would explain why the page is occasionally inaccessible. I'm quite glad I have some that someone else (happily) handles the social media arm of the Bayhou gatherings, I'm just an internet recluse in general and would rather not have to put myself out there if I can humanly avoid it.

Two dollars and it's only five minutes away. Would expand out options, especially if we wanted to go for Japanese food (I love the Korean restaurant but there's no way without knowing more in advance how many people were coming to reserve the space we'd need, since it's pretty small). Though doing a rough head count immediately after the gathering might not be a bad idea anyway, perhaps if we had something more in mind prior we could make sure we don't have to wait for a table.

Yay, that's great! The community is my favorite aspect of the series, and it's always great to have a fun time with fellow fans (and trust me, Bayhou gatherings are all about fun times and great food). The more, the merrier.

Kotuea

Yeah.... Oh well! I'm back on facebook and the event is back online. Social media can be very addictive. I deactivate facebook on purpose because I get rather overstimulated or overwhelmed by the amount of content. I need to take a break from it once in a while. I use it mostly to communicate.

Oh! The public trans sounds nice! We do have to be careful with how many are coming because it might be too many for certain restaurants.

I just found out today, since it was created recently that there's going to be a Touhou X Kancolle gathering at Fanime. I am very neutral about this, but I would prefer this gathering to be Touhou only. I'm fine if it's going to be a separate gathering, but I rather not have Kancolle entering during the Touhou gathering time block.

Gore Screaming Show

Their certainly is a lot of interesting content out on the internet, true, but I'd rather use that time for video games/other leisure time pursuits.

This gathering should remain Touhou only (I really, really don't get Kancolle, it lacks so much of what makes Touhou such an amazing multifaceted experience).

Kotuea

Okay, I got more information about the other gathering, it will be a separate gathering, it's just that they want to have the gathering a little after this one, which is okay with me. They could have talked to be about trying to schedule it near this gathering and rescheduling if needed. I will continue to try to push the gathering to be on Saturday at 11 AM.

Gore Screaming Show

That should be fine. I might even check it out briefly. We shouldn't (hopefully) have any issue getting our 11AM Saturday slot.

With any luck the Touhou photoshoot/gathering I'm planning on doing in April will be somewhat as successful!

Kotuea

TouhouCon now has TAMUSIC coming as a special guest WOOOO!
I must now practice violin more and play all the Touhou music hahaha.

Gore Screaming Show

I'm not all that aware of who that is, but I should probably devote more time to finding new Touhou music as compared to subjecting myself to streams of people claiming you can't do pacifist runs on difficulties above normal >__>

But I'm (highly likely) going to Touhoucon, so I could always catch the concert and listen to the music in advance as well. The implication that it's violin heavy Touhou remixes already sounds quite promising.

Spark Miko Miko

I really want to go to Touhoucon.. but I dunno If I can.. but I'll be there for the gathering
I'm going to try and make my Alice Margatroid cosplay if I can before then.

Kotuea

Forum Updated!
And dang, as soon as I got back from another con last weekend I finally see the gathering submissions. Hahahaha.
I just submitted the gathering and hopefully I will get the desired time block.

Badge prices for TouhouCon are going up soon if you guys want to go!

Quote from: Gore Screaming Show on February 17, 2015, 04:01:14 PM
I'm not all that aware of who that is, but I should probably devote more time to finding new Touhou music as compared to subjecting myself to streams of people claiming you can't do pacifist runs on difficulties above normal >__>

You shall find all the Touhou music! What I do is go on youtube and just click random songs hahahaha.