YES
6 (85.7%)
MAYBE
1 (14.3%)
NO
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Vasyenka

My gf and I will be there as Koumajou Densetsu Remilia and Sakuya, respectively~ c:
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

Gore Screaming Show

I'm seeing at least fiftyish possible attendees on the FB page, not bad at all.

And as much as I might grouse about certain mentalities regarding the games and what not they'll always be my main draw to keeping with the series (and, of course, hanging out with all the great fans). Touhou 15 better not be another one of those (bad) Twinkle Sprites Clones, those are the worst.

infntforsky

Hello! My brother is actually attending Touhou gathering this year as Shinki. His username is "Shinki", he just doesn't have a forum account.
~2019 Cosplay List:

Cardcaptor Sakura Butterfly Battle outfit New Artwork 
Female!Gellert Grindelwald

Kotuea

Okay! It has been updated.
Looking at the the moderator's posts and updates, I'm not sure if we're a 50+ gathering anymore, thus unsure whether the intended slot would be acquired.

I did hear about ZUN making a new game for next year, which is likely Touhou 15 after the Limbo one is done. All the danmaku!

Gore Screaming Show

Hard to imagine we won't be the biggest gathering happening at 11AM Saturday though either.

More teams, last words, well balanced challenges modes please and for the love of everything do not remove spell practice yet again for no reason ZUN!

Gore Screaming Show

I see we ended up getting our time slot.

If the gathering just really snowballs in size, as it did in 2010, we can always relocate (across the street to the park, or something of that sort).

Kotuea

Yup! We got our time slot! What really annoyed me is that the time slots for maid cafe have changed.... I was aiming for the afternoon shift, but that started at 11:30 pm, which I could not do. Oh well. Doing evening shift then!

For dinner, I would say sometime after 7 pm. I will make a post soon regarding dinner on the Facebook event.

Gore Screaming Show

You'll still be able to make dinner I hope right?

Just got back from another awesome Bayhou gathering, being with fellow fans is truly the best thing. Really excited for Fanime and being part of the best gathering with the best fans!

Gore Screaming Show

Getting closer and closer...

Excited to try out the Touhou 15 demo in a few weeks, should be interesting.

Love Sign Master Spark

Registered just to confirm attendance at the gathering as confirmations make life easier for the organizer.

My Marisa cosplay is complete.  Have a broom but will probably not be bringing it because of Fanime props policy.  I'm going to have lots of fun with this.

Kotuea

Quote from: Love Sign Master Spark on May 02, 2015, 04:11:06 PM
Registered just to confirm attendance at the gathering as confirmations make life easier for the organizer.

My Marisa cosplay is complete.  Have a broom but will probably not be bringing it because of Fanime props policy.  I'm going to have lots of fun with this.

Updated! Yeah..... I know people people said they're coming on the Facebook event page, but I would like people to reply on the forums here as well... Well that's just my gripe.

Rukazu3

hey guys Rukazu here!  I'll be there as Miko this year!  I'll also try and bring my megaphone just in case!

Love Sign Master Spark

Will be joining the group for dinner, da ze.

I'm not on the Facebook group so choosing to confirm here.

Gore Screaming Show

A wise choice, the group meals are always a lot of fun.

Nearly there, getting really excited.

Gore Screaming Show

That was a lot of fun. The size of the dinner caught me off guard, but it was worth going to SJ Japantown none the same, and I'll find something that will sit a large group for next year. Still a great time regardless.

Love Sign Master Spark

Dinner ended up a positive experience for me even in spite of the complications.  Splitting into smaller groups works well and I would favor doing so even if there is a place that could accommodate the entire group.  Smaller groups draw out a different quality of conversation that serves connecting with people.  Faster service is a side benefit; one thing I've experienced is that when large parties swarm a place, it ends up taking ages for food to arrive.

This was my first time cosplaying so being able to connect with people beyond a surface level made a significant impact on my experience.  Perhaps even more so as I am completely new to the group and didn't know anyone previously.  Looking forward to chatting with more people in the future.  Much as I would have liked to join the group in the game room after dinner, I headed straight out to keep an agreement with the person with the car keys.

Bonus story: I visited Black and White Ball in my cosplay.  The song I hear when entering the ballroom is (of all things) an arrange of Remilia's theme.  Touhou cosplay + Touhou music = win  My dancing is about as graceful as a certain witch (as in not very) so coincidentally in character on the floor.

Gore Screaming Show

Well, I think we'll try to eat all in the same place, but separate into different tables when we get there. We did that last year when we went to Tandoori Oven, despite having a turnout of about twelve or so. I fully agree with both your points about quality of conversation and speed of service (brings to mind a terrible experience I had years ago where I ended up getting frustrated enough waiting for my order I walked out and got something else instead). Speaking of getting to know one another, with a more firm restaurant in mind it might be easier to separate some of the core groups and get people to intermingle a bit more, it seemed that ultimately most people ate with mostly people they already knew (certainly was the case for me). In any case, it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more prepared and familiar with the various close by food choices the area offers us.

It sounds like you had a really good time! The community is super friendly and I've made really good friends through it, so if you're local, you should check out the local Bayhou gatherings. The more, the merrier.

Vasyenka

Quote from: Love Sign Master Spark on May 28, 2015, 02:53:44 AM
Bonus story: I visited Black and White Ball in my cosplay.  The song I hear when entering the ballroom is (of all things) an arrange of Remilia's theme.  Touhou cosplay + Touhou music = win  My dancing is about as graceful as a certain witch (as in not very) so coincidentally in character on the floor.

Ha ha this was due in part to me and my fiancee! We were cosplaying as formal Remilia (my fiancee) and formal Sakuya (myself), and huge props to the Black and White Ball department as they allowed a live dedication of the song to my gf while announcing our engagement! c: It made me really happy as a lot of people recognized the arrangement as Septette for the Dead Princess~
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]