2015 Legend of Korra/Avatar Gathering

Started by Firemage1000, November 10, 2014, 12:03:19 PM

Firemage1000

Welcome all Benders, Non-Benders, Equalists, Dark/Light Spirits, Kings, Queens and Conquerors.

2015 has us wrapping up with the last season of The Legend of Korra! Get excited and join me for the 4th gathering at Fanime!~

Don't forget that:
Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not wish to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Date: Sunday
Time: 11:00am

Role Call!

Republic City:
Korra -- Asaku, Jayisok, Xia (+1)
Asami -- Pineapple_grrrl (+1), Lady-Lucrezia (+1)
Pabu -- HoneyHoney-Chan
Pema -- Swizzlstik Cosplay

Earth:
Kuvira -- Firemage1000
Prince Wu -- Mythal
Toph -- Misfitmonica (+4)

Fire:

Air:

Water:
Sokka -- Necroneko (+1)
Katara -- Reyn (+4)

Photography Order:
Old Friends
New Friends
Legend of Korra
Protagonists vs. Antagonists
Group Photo
Silly Group Photo (don't let me forget this one)

Requests* from Cosplayers and Photographers (ie. BeiFong Family or Korra vs. Kuvira or Opal and Bolin)

*Note: Individual requests for the official gathering MUST be kept to a family friendly rating. I know that this comes up every year and is non-negotiable. You are free to take whatever pictures you want separate from the official gathering.
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

reyn

Very strong possibility of my group being there as Korra, Asami, Mako, Varrick, and Zhu Li.

reyn

Adding to our group a Pi'Li (or as I so affectionately call her, Sparky Sparky Boom chick) and Tenzin.

...anyone wanna join us and be our Bolin?

UwUvon

Hey-o!
I have a red panda Kigurumi that I typically spruce up to be Pabu. I have his party/formal look and gansta Fire Ferrets Mascot ensemble complete with a sign and shutter shades!  8)  ;) You guys looking for him since I'll be present
@NatalieUvon
Been hosting gatherings for a little bit!
Fanime 2024 Line up
Haru, Fionna, Senior Witch and Shane Medej

asaku

I'll be going as Season four Korra! (Blue version) My friend will be season four Asami and my cousin will most likely be Wan.

Firemage1000

Sorry for not being on top of things. Everyone is now listed on the master post!
2016 Cosplays:
Erica -- Gangsta.

UwUvon

Totally fine! We got some time ahead of us, so excited to go to the meet up! :D
@NatalieUvon
Fanime 2024 Line up

Jayisok

I'm thinking about cosplaying either Korra (book 4), Princess Yue, or Kuvira.

Probably Korra since that's the easier costume to make.. :P

UwUvon

Hey! So when do we think that this meet-up will be? Usually it has been on Sunday sometime in the afternoon and was wondering when exactly it was so I can plan accordingly. Thank you!
@NatalieUvon
Fanime 2024 Line up

pineapple_grrrl

Definitely coming as Asami, and a good buddy of mine is coming as Bolin for sure.

I would be available for the late morning, noon, or afternoon meet-up if its still in the works.

necroneko

I might be going as Sokka with my sister as Katara

Mythal

There is a strong possibility that I can go as Prince Wu

Firemage1000

Quote from: HoneyHoney-Chan on February 20, 2015, 09:36:36 PM
Hey! So when do we think that this meet-up will be? Usually it has been on Sunday sometime in the afternoon and was wondering when exactly it was so I can plan accordingly. Thank you!

The gathering will definitely be on Sunday so as not to conflict with the massive groups (ie. Pokemon, Disney, Shingeki no Kyojin). Last year it was in the afternoon, but we ran into trouble with the hot weather so I'm pushing for late morning.
2016 Cosplays:
Erica -- Gangsta.

misfitmonica

I'll be there as gramma Toph, hopefully with an Opal and if the rest of my crew comes with, a Kuvira, Bolin, Mako and Korra.

Is there going to be a thread put up on cosplay.com in the Fanime board for people who don't lurk on here? If you don't want to make it, I can. I know not everyones going to check here.

Firemage1000

I don't use cosplay.com, but you are more than welcome to make a post there. We had a fb page last year and I will see about getting that up and running soon!
2016 Cosplays:
Erica -- Gangsta.

Firemage1000

Time and date confirmed for: Sunday, 11:00 am, at the G8c location.
2016 Cosplays:
Erica -- Gangsta.

Swizzlstik Cosplay

If everything ends up working out, I'll be coming to the gathering as Season 1 (aka prego) Pema. Sadly no Tenzin since my husband refuses to go bald (and personally I don't blame him), but I think it'll be a lot of fun no matter what.
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

Xia

I will be going as Season 4 Korra in her Earth Kingdom (?) runaway outfit. My friend will be Season 4 Jinora.

reyn

Slight change of plans. I'll be at the gathering as Painted Lady Katara, and my friend as Blue Spirit Zuko. And then two other friends as Varrick and Zhu Li.