Fanime 2016 Roommate thread

Started by ewu, November 10, 2014, 10:49:56 PM

ewu

Welcome to 2016 version for this thread. More descriptive and more professional looking post. Do you need roommates? Or do you need a room? This is the place to post up your wanted ads.

Hotels:
+ Hilton (adjacent to convention, has mini fridges)
+ Marriott (adjacent to convention, most of the video rooms are at)
+ Hyatt (a block away, close to Civic Center)
+ The Westin San Jose (across from Marriott) (formerly The Sainte Claire Hotel)
+ Fairmont (across the street from Saint Claire, near restaurants like Johnny Rockets and others)
+ Ramada (free parking and breakfast, but have to walk a bit)
+ Holiday Inn (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking)
+ Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking) (formerly San Jose Airport Hotel, Radisson San Jose Airport)
+ Double Tree (site of Clockwork Alchemy, 4 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs)

What you need to know:
+ Please be respectful to your roommates along with everyone else on the same floor.
+ Please do not try to crowd beyond the maximum occupancy of the hotel since it is a fire hazard.
[If you have any other suggestion, please voice it out.]

Roommates Wanted: (only main leader can post it)
+ Introduction: Introduce yourself. Do you have Facebook or Myspace? Feel free to post it up.
+ Hotel Information: where are you staying at and how long you're staying in.
+ Costs: how much for each person, how to pay, etc...
+ Requirements: what are you looking for, your set rules, etc...
+ Contact: how to get in touch. Please keep all your PMs and/or emails until the day they're check-in.
+ Miscellaneous: anything else you like to add.

Need a room:
+ Introduction: (same as above)
+ Hotel Information: where and how long you're willing to stay
+ Requirements: any restrictions or requests you like to make.
+ Contact: (same as above)
+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)

Once transactions are done, please post in bold and underline words that it is fulfilled. As stated above, don't forget to keep all your PMs and emails of your exchanges.

Thank you.

(adapted from 2011 page)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Dreamlord

I'm looking to share a room with other females.
I'll be 38 & I'm a female.
My hotel costs me $900 for 2015.
I'd like to save that $ for Con

axelpyro13

Quote from: axelpyro13 on August 14, 2015, 05:44:12 PM
Me and my two friends are looking for someone around our age (we're 17 and 18) to stay with us so it costs less. We're staying in the hotel for Friday and Saturday night. We will be at a hotel near the convention. Contact me if you are interested. kik= simpleandclean   phone #=2096836070

We decided to stay Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.

digipokefan

Hey all, this message is for people who are both working for fanime or not working fanime preferably I need at least four people who want to be roommates to be in the room once registration goes up officially or otherwise ,  I posted a room before in the last couple years and depending on how many people we get we could have the pricing down to 20 bucks a night for each individual I'll cover the main costs the 20 bucks each is just reimburse me because it's really expensive but it will be at staff rate so that something .... Please message me and let me know what's up

I'm hoping for up to 2 more roommates.... depending on how long my current roomies plan on staying and if there are any more flakers coming...it's possible... 2 have already flaked and i'm not certain about the others....most likely's are three of us in a double so far.... so it could be cramped but room rate is 20 a night as a stipend for me - since i'm incurring all room charges... still interested?
They say there is no such place as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing at all. No matter how far you walk, it's just the same road, it just goes on and on. But in spite of that...Why am I so driven to find it?
Kiba

7onyMustDive

Hi, looking to pool with any group (male or female or both) that has a room! Preferably at the Hilton or Marriott.

24/M/3rd year at Fanime. Favorite anime is TTGL, watch soo many tv shows I have an excel sheet to keep track, I love volleyball, cycling, and contemporary dance.

Willing to pay whatever is fair.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/7onyyang
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/terminus123
MAL: http://myanimelist.net/profile/terminus

email me at "[email protected]"

spookycookie

Hello. I am looking for someone to stay with for Fanime. I am a 25 year old female student attending school near LA but I hail from the South Bay. I also like to cosplay. I am willing to negotiate the costs. Feel free to PM me for more details.  :)

DreamHalliwell

Hello People

I am Rudy and I am 24 years old male. my fav. anime is Loveless and 4th year going to this event. There for I am looking for anyone that has place. Preferably other males and Preferably at the Hilton or Marriott.

I am willing to talk costs, Free to PM me

rlens

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a room at one of the nearby hotels, hilton or marriott much preferred.
I'm a 20 year old male college student living around Santa Cruz right now, and I'm pretty laid back, don't mind partying a bit too. Let me know if you have a room and we can talk about prices, looking forward to going again this year  :)

Amarok

Room needed! Posting before hotel reservations open up so I can get my plea for a spot in early.  :P

Introduction: I'm Mark! This is my 4th or 5th Fanime. I'm a dude in my 20s, flying down from Oregon. I love cosplaying, RPGs, drawing, and Japanese music. I'm pretty friendly/laid-back, but a responsible roomie. I don't smoke and usually don't drink much at cons, and I don't have any large props this year, so I don't need a lot of space! I'm LGBT-friendly and happy to room with people of whatever gender/orientation. I'm usually out and about at the con so just head back to room for sleeping/changing/fixing up cosplay.

Hotel Information: Looking for Thurs-Mon, any hotel within walking distance of the con, so Ramada's fine too.

Requirements: I would like a room key. That's it! I'm happy sleeping on a floor, paying in advance, whatever.

Contact: PMS on here are good, but you can e-mail me at [email protected] as well. You can also hit me up on twitter (@amarokster).

Thank yooouuu

uzero

Hopefully there's still a spot available.

ab]Introduction:[/b] I'm David a 20 something from California and this is my 2nd time going to fanime. I've been to other cons like AX or related for the past few years and will probably go again. I'm stated watching anime with Toonami and love many of the older shows like Kenshin. Recently I've been reading Light Novels and I also study Japanese.

I will be cosplaying this year but I don't have any major props so I don't need a lot of room. I do have an inflatable bed if sleeping on a bed is a problem. I don't smoke and prefer a non-smoking room. I don't mind drinking but I probably won't be doing much of that.

Hotel Information: Looking for Thurs-Mon at any hotel close by so the Hilton, Marriott or Hyatt work for me. I can compromise with Friday-Monday, Friday-Tuesday or Thursday-Tuesday as well.

Requirements: I'd need a room key and power outlet access for charging stuff. I don't need a lot of room and not having a bed isn't a huge problem. I will need blankets and a pillow for my inflatable bed.

Poweraid

Room needed!

Introduction: Hey there, I'm Anthony, 20's, this will be my 2nd Fanime. Hailing from the Seattle area, I'm looking for a hotel room that I can sleep in and access at any time. I had a blast there last year and would love to repeat the experience.

Hotel Information: Looking for Thursday through Sunday. Any hotel within reasonable walking distance is ideal.

Requirements: I will simply need a room key and a trusted space to sleep and store my stuff. I don't mind sleeping on the floor. I may come into the room late at night.

Contact: Either PM me here or hit me up at my email [email protected]

CosplayBook

Room needed!

+ Introduction: Hello! I am a photographer looking for a room at either the Hilton or Marriott (preferred, but not required). Preferably at those two, since I will likely be lugging around some equipment from time to time. My favorite titles are retro anime titles, and this includes Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, Trigun, Card Captor Sakura, Tokyo Babylon, etc etc. My video game and anime collection are very strong. I am respectful and use "my corner" for almost all my things. I bring a multi-port USB charger for phones, laptops, and various other equipment to use at your leisure (with only 2 ports needed to be reserved for myself overnight). I know how difficult it can be to find charging plugs when everyone else needs to use one or two. If you want me to bring anything else, just let me know. Will also be willing to pool in for snacks and water. Has a 3DS.

Anything else you would like to know about me, please feel free to ask. Oh and I don't smoke or vape. :)

+ Hotel Information: Preferably Hilton or Marriott (Anything close will do).

+ Requirements: Be respectful of private property is all I ask. Oh, and to request if anyone can bring a multi-plug outlet (I do have USB, but I have witnessed before that something with more plugs can come vastly in-handy). I do not require a room key, but it is preferred.

+ Contact: JT Scout on Facebook, email: [email protected], Instagram: Cosplay_Book (where I post all my work), or PM here. Phone number only upon final confirmation.

+ Miscellaneous: Also, if there are 3 spots available within your rooms it is much appreciated. We are a trio, but also would be ok with separating. So, just let me know if you have space available at all for 1-3 people.

Thank you! ^^

Noi_Se

Does anybody or know anyone who has an extra room for Fanime? Im willing to put it on my name. Preferbly on the first day of Fanime. Fairmont, Hilton, Marriot preffered. PM if you have one or know anybody who has one. Greatly apreciated.

FP

X

Sarmiento67

Hello Im Adam, I currently have a room at the Marriott (thursday-Monday) and im looking for two more people to room with. With two more people it will lower the expenses to $100 a person. You'll be guarantee a bed spot of course. Our group is fun and we go to bed fairly late (12ish-2ish).

chubbi3chibi

Introduction & Hotel Info:
Anyone need an extra roommate?

Hi! My name is Christina and it will be my second time at Fanime! I'm a 20 year old girl who is looking for people I can room from Friday to Sunday. I'm totally fine with sleeping on the floor if needed. I love cats and cute things especially. I'm a very responsible and respectable person.   

Requirements:
I just need a non-smoking room, an outlet to charge my phone, and a card key so I can go in and out (I'm a night owl).
I'm hoping to room with someone who is close to my age, but if you need a roommate, please still let me know.

Feel free to PM me here if you can help me out! Thank you!

avemcul

**room needed for two people**

Hello! My name is Ave. I am a 23 year old female. This will be my fifth Fanime and it's one of my all time favorite conventions. I am currently looking for a room for myself and one other friend. His name is Aaron and is a 24 year old male. This will be his first Fanime, so we are very keen on staying on con grounds for the full experience. We are very fun and energetic people. If you're a night owl who loves to go on random adventures, we'll get along just fine ^-^

Hotel Information: We're hoping to find somewhere we can check in Friday and check out Sunday. We do not have a real preference on gender for roommates. I just ask that we get to know one another at least a bit before the con so it's a comfortable time for all of us. We will not be in the hotel very often. It's more just for sleep and cosplay emergencies.

Requirements: My main request is that we have our own hotel key. We will only need one for us. I also will be carrying around a prop that I will sometimes have to bring back to the room throughout the day. We will also be out pretty late to enjoy all the night life activities, so a key would be very helpful. I am not picky about which hotel as long as it is within walking distance. We are okay with sharing one bed and would like to avoid flooring it, but if that is all that is available, we're willing to make it work I believe.

Contact: Please email me at avemcul@gmail or PM me here. I will receive things to my gmail much faster though. My IG is @avemcul.
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

Zero Serenity

Room wanted.

Introduction: I'm a 28 year old male, cosplayer, photographer and native to Colorado. Been to over 100 conventions for over 12 years.
Hotel Information: Thursday->Sunday, details are flexible.
Requirements: A morning shower.
Contact: PM me here, Facebook or Twitter (Email may get lost in the shuffle!)

Yuna Kurosaki

Room needed!  Fanime weekend 2016!!

I'm Yuna,  age 31, been going to Fanime for 7 years, and I need a place to stay for the whole weekend of Fanime 2016.   

Everyone else I know cannot go due to financial and work issues,  so I alone need a place to sleep until the last day of the con.

I am willing to sleep on the floor and pay $60 or so to pay for my staying. ( I have a REALLY tight budget) I live in Sacramento and  I'll drive myself to the con.

Please contact me at     [email protected]

I enjoy Kuroshitsuji, Uraboku,  Sailor Moon, Binan Kouku Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love,
Attack on Titan, Prince of Stride, Noblesse and Free Iwatobi Swim Club.

I'm also a manga  artist with my very own webcomic!

Thank you Chris for letting me stay with you!!

AlloftheRice

Introduction: Hi I'm Omar and I'm an 18 year old male (turning 19 a week before Fanime). I'm really into raving, anime (of course lol), and gaming. This will be my second time attending Fanime and first time attending for the full weekend. Two other guys, both 17 years old, will be coming with me as well.

Hotel Info & Req:
We are looking for a room to share from Friday - Sunday.  The location of the hotel doesn't matter because I can drive and can pay for hotel parking as well as give rides if needed (I drive a minivan with a capacity of 7). Since the guys with me are still high schoolers, they might not be able to contribute much money but that's where I come in. Willing to pay up to $250 while the other guys can most likely pay up to $100 each person. We are all willing to sleep on the floor if it comes to it. Totally open to co-ed as well! Would like a hotel room key though if possible because we plan on attending the late night dance.
Email: [email protected]
Or you can PM me as well!