Fanime '15 Dance Application DEADLINE 12/31/14!!!

Started by Empathy, December 08, 2014, 07:23:51 PM

Empathy

Reminder to all prospective applicants to get those mixes recorded and submitted soon, the deadline is fast approaching!

You can apply by going to the sticky at the top of the boards or clicking here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19554.0.html

abcbadcat

Mix and application was just submitted!

For anyone that would like to hear the mix I have sent in for this year, feel free to click this link http://www.mixcrate.com/abcbadcat/what-de-hell-is-a-meow-mix-8986426

5QR47CH

I received the following message on 2/5/2015 and haven't seen or heard anything relating to the dance since. Is there any update?

DJ Applicant:

Your DJ Application to perform at FanimeCon 2015's Dance has been received and is currently
being reviewed.  Due to a current discussion of the dance's hours of operation we will not be
making announcements till February 13, 2015.

If there are any changes you would like to make to your application at this time, please send
them to danceATfanimeDOTcom.

Mod edit: antispam

eHash

We have finalized the list of DJs we will be inviting this year.
We apologize for the delay.  There had been a decision pending on the operating hours of the dance which would determine how many time slots we had available.
The first round of emails that will go out today at 5:00 PM will be the rejections.  Over the course of the next few days we will be sending out acceptance invitations. 
If an invitation is declined, a decision will be made on who will be the best applicant to fill this spot.

This year, we will be inviting the largest number of DJs to perform in the history of the dance.
The decisions were made by a team of 3 evaluators and candidates were judged on the following criteria: skills (quality of transitions in the mix), fit (did the music fit the available timeslot), con participation (were they doing this because they want to contribute to the con or have they never been to the con and just looking for a gig), compatibility (what equipment they are able to use).

5QR47CH

Thank you for the opportunity. You guys passed on me but I'll try again next year. :)