Getting excited!

Started by fanimefreak, January 30, 2015, 12:18:17 PM

fanimefreak

Hey guys!  As I'm working on my cosplay right now and reminiscing over last years (and my first) Fanime, I'm just curious to hear what you are most looking forward to/wanting to see!

I loved the Masquerade last year and stage zero.  I am so looking forward to meeting new people.  I had a great time taking pictures and admiring so many beautiful cosplay.  I'm also looking forward to the panels.  There were so many I missed that I wanted to see due to scheduling conflicts.

I do hope however some panels step up their game a bit.  I felt some QA panels very lacking and needed more audience participation. 
And the food. The food was sub par but I ate it because I got hungry all the time from running around.

Can't wait to experience such a fun event with everyone!

Lordsnow

My main draw to fanime has always been the cosplay. I give myself the goal to always get more pictures than the year before. This year I am also looking forward to having a actual costume again. I've only really hard a real costume for 2 of the last 6 years.

i hope they bring back the 24hr food room from two years ago.
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

Glitch

If the food you ate was terrible, you can always go to the local food joints near Fanime. I remember somebody making a list of the bets ones.

fanimefreak

I did go to the other food places.  They were great! Expensive at times, but it was expected.  I gained my body weight in Psycho Donuts!  :P 

I feel like the food court/offerings inside the convention could have been better or they could offer some food chains or companies kiosk space in the convention.  The food at the con reminded me of cafeteria food, is all. 

I also am really excited for the Black and White Ball again! 

Angelx624

For this year, I'm mostly looking forward to the two(maybe three?) cosplay groups I'll be in this year!! ^^ Cosplaying with others is tons of fun, and I always have a blast when part of a group!!

Also look forward to the gatherings I'll be attending, as always. And I always get excited about what guests Fanime plans on bringing in each year!! Hope to see some really good ones this year!! <3

And since I'll finally be doing a skit again for the Masquerade, I rather look forward to that!! I've missed being in Cosplay Spectacular. <3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Purelovely

I've been going since 2003. I missed year 2011 though which sucked. I've had a great time every year. It's my vacation each year. This year I'm going to be in San Jose (I'm from Indiana) from Thursday May 21 to Thursday May 28.

I'm looking at going as Princess Serenity for the Black and White ball. I can't wait to see the dealer's hall this year. I want to try and see some of the AMV's but it's a popular event so who knows.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:
Fri: No cosplay
Sat: ??
Sun: No cosplay
Mon: No cosplay because I'm going to Disneyland!

luffy77

For me there are a bunch of things that make me excited for Fanime.  There is cosplaying, gatherings, meeting other fans who like the same things, the dealers hall, and panels are what really draw me in.  Ever since my first Fanime every year has always been such a great 4 days of my life.  Speaking of food my friend and I last year stayed on the airport hotel and there is a 7-11 near by.  Every night after we got off the shuttle for the final time.I do miss staying at the fairmont since it is so close, but going to 7-11 has no become a Fanime tradition for us.  This upcoming fanime is also his second at last year was his first and first time I ever had a friend go with me.

OtakuAngel87

Cosplay and MusicFest is usually what draws me to Fanime. At times the panels and even dealer's room as well. However, it's slowly declining on drawing my interest but I still enjoy coming to see everyone's cosplays and love making new friends. As far as food goes, if you're staying in the hotels, it'll probably help you save money if you bring some snacks or like premade sandwiches and such to munch on when you're hungry. That way you won't be eating away your fanime funds but still get fed. There are some fast food places a couple blocks down from fanime as well as La Victoria (La Vics) which has really good burritos and tacos, but be prepared for lines because they're popular, they work fairly fast though.
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

Torai

PATRICK SEITZ!

There have been a few guests in the past I've been interested in seeing but never made the effort to go to a panel with them- but I am definitely going to go through the effort for this glorious man. His voice is awesome and he seems like an equally awesome person. Today's guest announcement just got me way more hyped for Fanime this year. Of course I'm really excited to see super neato cosplays and admire everyone in artist alley as well! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Salty Pearl

I've been going since 2008, but over the years I've felt like the convention has slowly grown harder and harder for me to enjoy. By now, many of my friends who I used to share a hotel room with and cosplay with have gone their own ways, showing little evidence of us reconnecting at Fanime again.   :-[

It seems that this year might be the loneliest, but in the last month the excitement instinctually kicked in. Despite everything, I still have a strong desire to go - maybe for a day or so - to get immersed in the culture that has always been a highlight of my year. The cosplays, crowds, artists alley, and film rooms have been the best parts of the experience - and, of course, the Ball (which I didn't have the chance to attend to last year, but hopefully will). Yes, it's hard to imagine the prospect of navigating Fanime solo, but I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity!

Arizzel

Less than a month to go! I am super excited! Cosplay is my main draw to Fanime. I also love just people watching and soaking in the lively atmosphere. Been going since 2007. Been a great vacay from the everyday. n_n
I love art, cosplay, videogames, my dog, and PASTA!

http://www.facebook.com/arizzelcosplay

ghoulpixel

Aaa i'm really hype as well! Spending a 4 day weekend in cosplay with nerds all around me <3 BEST
kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD