Interrogate the Homestucks 16+ [Auditions Welcome]

Started by red-dragon, February 04, 2015, 09:44:00 PM

red-dragon

Hey!  I have submitted a panel called Interrogate the Homestucks, and it's currently waiting to get a concrete time slot.  (I'll update this with what day and time it will be held at when it gets one. I'm aiming for Saturday morning as the first choice time slot.)

Here's the description of the panel: Welcome to Terezi's court of law. Here, the jury [audience members] will be able to ask the cast of Homestuck questions and have a chance to interact with their favorite characters. Be sure to stop by and take part in the hilarious antics!  (Recommended 16+ because of language, but we've all read Homestuck to know what's up.  Just keep the 16+ in mind so you won't be uncomfortable or anything.)

The panel is expected to be 2 hours, and along with asking questions, panel members can prepare some things [Things to be determined when we have a cast] for dead time in between questions, or just to have a little something prepared.  (I also have something prepared for the whole panel, so if you audition, I will make sure you're okay with what I have in mind.)

To audition, read through this (especially which cast members are/aren't taken; it would be embarrassing to audition for a character that's already taken).  I'll specify the audition process below all the lists.

The next deadline will be May 1, so please audition for any characters that are still left!  If the cast isn't completely filled by the time of the con, we may ask you to be in the panel if we see you are in cosplay for a character that has not been filled.  (Like if your waiting in line for the panel and, lets say, Aradia isn't filled yet then we may ask you to be in the panel.)

Here are the cast members [aka already taken]:
Terezi--Me, host (pyrope-inc on tumblr for all ye who be curious)
Nepeta--Len, co-host
Karkat--Andrew
Tavros--Kenna
Kanaya--Kali
Vriska--Momo
Eridan--Rune
John--Theo
Dave--Kyle

Available roles*:
Trolls:
Aradia
Sollux
Equius
Gamzee
Feferi
Humans:
Rose
Jade
Jane
Dirk
Roxy
Jake

*Alpha trolls will most likely not be added

Here is how auditions are going to work:
You will need to make a video of you in full cosplay (if small things aren't complete that's okay, but you will need a complete cosplay for the panel), and in your video, you need to include these:
  --Your name and age
  --The character you're auditioning for (even though it will probably be obvious)
  --How far you have read in the comic
  --Acting out a small monologue from the comic, or one that you have come up with for your character (please don't have this be too long)
  --Answering the questions included at the bottom of this post thing
Once you have this, send me an email with the video.  My email is pyrope.inc@gmail.com
Along with the video, please specify how available you are to have online planning for the panel if you are accepted in the email.  (***As a little note, please speak clearly in your video)

If you have any other questions, comments, concerns, whatever, you can reply on this thread, email me at pyrope.inc@gmail.com, or shoot me a message on tumblr at pyrope-inc.tumblr.com

Here are the questions to answer in your video:
What do you want more than anything in the universe?
Can you impersonate someone you know?
What are your thoughts on the game you're playing?
What's your favorite memory?
If you could be any animal for a day, what animal would you be and why?

ghoulpixel

I'd love to audition for Kanaya in the panel = D.
kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD

Baystuck

red-dragon

Just as an announcement for everyone: you are absolutely allowed to audition for anyone you want to as long as they are a character on the "available roles" list. Thank you, and good luck auditioning!
(PS, deadlines for auditions will probably be in late March/early April)

draxLfly2

Is the position for Karkat still up? I'd like to audition for it.

red-dragon

Yep, all characters are open except Terezi and Nepeta

draxLfly2

So I couldn't e-mail you the video. it said that it exceeded 25 mb so it couldn't send. I sent you the link over FB though on youtube.

red-dragon

IMPORTANT UPDATE: the first deadline for auditions will be April 11. (That is when all auditions to that point will be considered and part of the characters will be casted). Another deadline will be held later on (the second deadline is to be determined), and then the remaining cast members that haven't been casted at that point will be decided

red-dragon

Hey!  Just a reminder that the first deadline is this coming Saturday, and that the first cast members will be announced then from all of the people who have already auditioned!

Homestuck_is_my_addiction

Hey sorry for going missing for the past few months heh but I didn't want to audition until I knew for sure I was going, which I am. Could I still audition for John? I'd most likely be able to email my audition to you tomorrow.

eloquentArtistry

I'd like to audition for Rose. When should I send the video by?

red-dragon

The first part of the cast has now been decided!  The next deadline will be May 1, so please audition for any characters that are still left!  If the cast isn't completely filled by the time of the con, we may ask you to be in the panel if we see you are in cosplay for a character that has not been filled.  (Like if your waiting in line for the panel and, lets say, Aradia isn't filled yet then we may ask you to be in the panel.)  This deadline is the final deadline before the con.

trickstersgambit

Epileptic artist, writer, Con Ops staffer 2014, 2015, beyond? general badass.

red-dragon

ghoulpixel

kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD

Viva-lee

for the questions do i reply in character or as myself?

Vhiachia

Is there any update on this panel? Like roles and stuff?

HaidenHomestuck

Okay, it isnt under available characters but is it possible that I could auditionfor Calliope and/or Caliborn? Or is the panel canceled or?... please respond, I would really like to do this.