shuttle?

Started by sayachan7, February 15, 2015, 05:19:30 PM

sayachan7

hey i didn't know of the shuttles and only rode them last year from my hotel to the con. is the shuttle offered every year? the one im talking about was the one that drove to the hotels picked con-goers up and dropped them off at the convention center.

so will they be there this year? or no? anyone know?

echoshadow

To my knowledge they will be. From the last update Fanime was going to be working on making the shuttle system better this year, cause last years was a bit problematic.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

dj seifer

Is there an update on how shuttles will be working this year?  Now that I'm staying at one of the hotels near the airport, I'd like to know how I'll be getting to the convention center and back.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: dj seifer on April 03, 2015, 10:32:37 PM
Is there an update on how shuttles will be working this year?  Now that I'm staying at one of the hotels near the airport, I'd like to know how I'll be getting to the convention center and back.

Nothing from staff yet, though I'd imagine it'll work very similarly to how it did last year.  I believe the shuttle did loops to all the hotels, and then swung back to the CC.  Now I DO know that the schedule sped up and slowed down, depending on the time of day and expected convention traffic.  For example, in the afternoon (like, ~2 pm-6 pm) the shuttles would come around the the CC every 20 minutes or so.  However, from roughly 12 am-6 am they would only come around every 45 minutes or so.  My guess is that the official shuttle schedule won't be out until mid May, though, knowing how Fanime posts that stuff at the last second.  But if you're staying at a hotel near the airport and plan on staying at the CC until the early morning hours, I highly suggest bringing cab fare in case you don't want to wait 30 minutes for the shuttle at 2:30 am.

Just curious, does anyone know how long it took the shuttle to go from the CC to say the Doubletree?  I heard some horror stories last year that it was taking an hour because they were using a really convoluted route.

aetherltd

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on April 04, 2015, 02:42:19 PM
Just curious, does anyone know how long it took the shuttle to go from the CC to say the Doubletree?  I heard some horror stories last year that it was taking an hour because they were using a really convoluted route.
In 2012, using full sized buses on the freeway and a direct route, it took 7 minutes of travel time.
In 2013, using parking shuttle buses with drivers who were totally lost, it took 45 minutes. Riders got a tour of the Sharks Stadium parking lots and the railroad yards.
In 2014, the parking shuttle drivers didn't get lost, but the CC to the Doubletree route went by the Fairmont, so it took about 15 minutes.

Gaimatron

I was wondering something about the shuttles. My hotel is the Extended Stay San Jose. I've never taken the shuttles before so I'm assuming I would just have to walk to one of the hotels closest to me that's listed in that shuttle schedule? Also, would I need to have my badge to get on board? I'm just worried that I would either have to walk to Double Tree or the Convention Center after I check in to my hotel first in order to get onto the shuttle.