Make a new friend?

Started by Aki_fox, February 17, 2015, 05:00:24 PM

Jebus

Quote from: Aki_fox on February 25, 2015, 10:06:24 AM
Quote from: Jebus on February 25, 2015, 02:25:18 AM
Quote from: Aki_fox on February 24, 2015, 01:53:18 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing as well if worst comes to worst. It would be a shame not to go since I always have fun and I've been going for years.

Yeah. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't because I wanted to at least spend a day even if I couldn't go the whole con. But you know, not having a room is not having a room. I don't want to spend even more on public transportation or parking fees just to be at some random hotel 5 miles away

Quote from: echoshadow on February 24, 2015, 06:24:13 PM
Quote from: Aki_fox on February 24, 2015, 01:50:46 PM
Have you ever gone party hopping at Fanime? My girlfriend D has done it. She says it's really easy to do. I was actually thinking about taking her up on the offer. Since I've never done it before.

I have on other cons. Fanime has always been ahoy or a miss. Mostly it's a bit of a dry/close knit group. (For me at lest) the room "parties" I been to where just friends of friends, not really open to new people they just meet.

I have tried to start a 21+ M&G in the past but it really never worked out. There was lots of interest but no body wanted to walk a few blocks, spend money, or stay up late. It always left me dumfounded. So I stopped trying to host it.

....Won't walk, won't spend money, won't stay up late. Why even go? Even when I had a sort of meh time at conventions I did all three. Even when I didn't have money I had times I would skimp on food and buy a shirt or something. And all the best food is like a 5 block walk and then right back to the con

I love going to cons but I do have anxiety and not eating or sleeping fucks me up. If I don't get enough sleep I'm at a higher risk for a panic attack. Which sucks balls.

I meant more in terms of staying up late, sleeping in the next morning. I sometimes have problems if I don't get enough sleep too. And in terms of food I still eat, it's just like some mcdonalds fries or something. The funny thing is, drinking does this weird thing where despite feeling like hell any other time I don't get a full nights sleep, I often wind up awake 6 hours later, a little tired but otherwise perfectly fine.

Aki_fox

The human body is truly an oddity. 

echoshadow

Well hopefully things would be a lot better this year. I'm sure you'll find some rooms spaces after the hotel deadline.

I'm lucky I don't get panic attacks. They only thing I almost got was heat exhaustion. It was at AX I was out side and all of a sudden my legs started giving out and I was getting dizzy. So I manged to go inside and just sit against the wall with some other people. I then just gave some dude $10 to bring me some water. Lucky he was a righteous dude and got me 3 water bottles and change. Wish I was able to get his name buy him a drink but he left after I feelt better. But he left to a panel or something.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Jebus

Yeah, I had a moment like that 3 or 4 years back. There was a mess with everyone getting to the con and paying for the room. So I wound up spending 2-3 hours waiting outside in the sun for everyone to finally pay for the damn room before going up and just collapsing for a good hour or two. I was already pretty dehydrated too. Even worse, it started out they wanted me to pay through paypal, but that wouldn't work, so I had to withdraw it and was stressed for another couple of days after the con wondering if paypal was going to screw something up. And that's why I don't do paypal

Aki_fox

Quote from: Jebus on February 26, 2015, 09:24:46 PM
Yeah, I had a moment like that 3 or 4 years back. There was a mess with everyone getting to the con and paying for the room. So I wound up spending 2-3 hours waiting outside in the sun for everyone to finally pay for the damn room before going up and just collapsing for a good hour or two. I was already pretty dehydrated too. Even worse, it started out they wanted me to pay through paypal, but that wouldn't work, so I had to withdraw it and was stressed for another couple of days after the con wondering if paypal was going to screw something up. And that's why I don't do paypal

That sucks!

Aki_fox

Quote from: echoshadow on February 26, 2015, 08:26:06 PM
Well hopefully things would be a lot better this year. I'm sure you'll find some rooms spaces after the hotel deadline.

I'm lucky I don't get panic attacks. They only thing I almost got was heat exhaustion. It was at AX I was out side and all of a sudden my legs started giving out and I was getting dizzy. So I manged to go inside and just sit against the wall with some other people. I then just gave some dude $10 to bring me some water. Lucky he was a righteous dude and got me 3 water bottles and change. Wish I was able to get his name buy him a drink but he left after I feelt better. But he left to a panel or something.

Yay for good people in this world! :D

Aki_fox

:D Sorry I haven't had time to respond to this thread. I recently got a new job that is going to be a major stepping stone in my life.

echoshadow

That's great news. Hopefully things work out for the best.
Just make sure to put in some time off for Fanime, lol.
I did that when I got this job. Well not for Fanime but some other con I already had plans for and most of it was already pre paid in advance so I wasn't going to miss it.

Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Aki_fox

;D I really don't want to miss Fanime that would just be awful since I've been going since 2007. I really want to have fun with my girlfriends as well. I'm hoping that they will continue to give me weekends off. It's so nice not working on weekends and just working during the week. :D Beats the hell out of my old shitty job. LOL

Zero_Kirby

I am down to meet new people

Aki_fox

charsknight

I like meeting new people too! I hope something gets organized I would love to participate.

Aki_fox

Well, I'm not sure how many and which days so. If all else fails someone else can organize a meet up. I just don't want to get everyone's hopes up and not be able to get the time off.

Jebus

Well, you should be able to get one weekend day off. Anything less sounds like it would be against the law. It's looking like I'll be able to go, so I'll keep an eye out

B.A.RubberDucky

well if anything is planned, im down. im 26 and love to do just about anything. as mentioned before drinks? or pizza.....or both. im a little late so someone pm if something comes up. we may have enough here wanting to hang out that itll be worth it.  :)

Zero_Kirby

yarudake

I'm wondering if anyone is still interested, I know it's the week of con but I'm going alone this year and it'd be cool to meet some new faces.  Fanime is more real to me now that the program/pocket guides have been released.  Kik/Skype group maybe for details? I'm 26 btw.