2015 Cosplay Hangout ~ 3/17~

Started by BSaphire, March 17, 2015, 11:39:20 AM

BSaphire

PRESS FREE ZONE! Repair Station is supplied by YOUR donations!
The Cosplay Hangout is where cosplayers can REST, REFRESH, and REPAIR their cosplays. Cosplay attire is not required but a valid FanimeCon badge is! Please be respectful of each others needs while in the Cosplayer Hangout. PARENTS... Feel free to come in and pull up a seat to take a break from all the activity.
*This is a photography free zone! Sorry, NO pictures or electronic recordings are allowed to be taken in the area without prior approval from Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head*

Days and Hours Open:
*Hours are subject to change at any time*

Thursday: TBA
Friday: 10 am - 10 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 10 pm
Sunday: 10 am - 10 pm
Monday: CLOSED

All that you see is DONATED by cosplayers just like you! We offer a variety of stuff at your disposal should you need it, because cosplayers just like you bought it and brought it! So if you have used this service in the past we would love it if you gave back. Our supplies from last year are low and can use an infusion. Just bring it with you to Fanime and drop it off in the Cosplay Hangout. We are open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 10 am to 10 pm.

For REST we offer tables and chairs where you can sit and relax, talk with friends, or just get away from photographers for a little while. The Hangout is a "Press Free Zone" so we ask the press and media not to come in and ask to take pictures or video of the cosplayers. We also ask those who come in the Hangout to please respect each other and not ask for photos either.

For REFRESH we offer a water station, a make-up touch-up station, and a wig touch-up station. Let's just say it's a place to get yourself back into character so you can go back out in full cosplay style!

For REPAIR we offer a variety of tools to fix those last minute mishaps that happen to cosplay costumes and props. From needles, thread, and safety pins to screwdrivers, wrenches, and hot glue guns. For quick Prop touch ups there are different colored Sharpies, varieties and colors of tape, rubber cement and types of glue. The supplies available differ each year.

The one thing we DON'T offer is access to a sewing machine. (*insert gasp*) "Why not?," you might be asking and it is simple. We figured that  by the time a cosplayer gets to Fanime they have spent a whole lot of time and money to enjoy the weekend with fellow cosplay friends and sitting in front of a sewing machine finishing a cosplay is at to great a cost. You miss out on time with others, events, programming, shopping and all the wonderful memories and photos that could have been. Let's face it, it needs to be done before you come. So we offer needles, basic thread colors and a hand-held sew machine to fix a hem or seam, but not a full size sewing machine.

See the next post for the current Repair Station & Donation List.

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

2015 Repair Station & Donation List

The "WHAT WE NEED" List:

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Swizzlstik Cosplay

I know I'll be able to bring some supplies for the hangout. I'll be moving apartments within a few weeks and it'll give me time to sort through things that I don't necessarily need anymore and can contribute. Things like yarn, copious amounts of fabric, lots of thread (mostly vintage and not able to be used in a sewing machine, so would be much more appropriate for hand sewing), things like that are just what I can think of off hand. I'll update once I know what I've got on hand to donate.
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.