SWAP MEET Official Information Thread: REGISTRATION IS OPEN

Started by Zelyhon, March 17, 2015, 11:42:21 PM

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Ecchi ja Nai on May 18, 2015, 09:41:44 PM
I see that sellers will be able to start checking in an hour to an hour and a half before the start of swap meet each night.  I assume we'll be lining up at the main entrance of the South Hall, the one facing South Market Street.

Will there be any particular order that sellers will be checked in, say by their registration number as in years prior, or will it be first come first served like last year?

At this time it seems like it will be first come, first served. With the amount of space we have this year I don't believe we've even filled all of the spots so there will be room for everyone. Additionally, we will be allowing a bit more freedom with placement and the selection of spaces as has been done in previous years. :)

Quote from: bballergerl44 I have a gathering to go to on Friday and I am also selling on Friday. Will it be possible to rush in at 8 with my stuff and still get my spot that I paid for?

Given how much space we have for sellers I'm guessing we will still have your space available for you at 8 PM Friday. However, I would email [email protected] so we can make a note of your later arrival in the event all spaces are filled.

Quote from: mezzie324 on May 18, 2015, 10:34:40 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 18, 2015, 04:42:05 PM
Quote from: mezzie324 on May 18, 2015, 01:52:51 PM
I know for previous years dollies weren't allow to transport stuff for swap meet. Is it allow this year? And if they aren't allowed, what items are allowed for use to transport the goods? (ie rolling suit case, folding shopping carts, etc)

As ben mentioned in an earlier response, we are of the mind that carts/dollies are still not allowed to transport items this year. Rolling suitcases are permitted, and as I mentioned before, you are welcome to employ some muscle of your own to help you bring your goods in. Swap meet staff will be limited in the amount of support they can offer in this way.

Chairs will be permitted for all sellers as well, so you don't have to sit on the floor all night :)

If I get some friends to help me, will they need badges just to help me bring some stuff in?

On Thursday, only active sellers (and seconds) will be required to have their badges. If you have a few people helping you carry stuff in, they will not need to produce a badge. If you do have an assistant who will be staying in the spot with you to help sell, that person WILL need a badge on Thursday. As a reminder, all parties (buyers and sellers) are required to have a badge on Friday night. 

Quote from: risli on May 18, 2015, 11:19:16 PM
So I got my two partners for Fridaya and got the forms filled out with our info. However, one of my parnters who has a sellers [ermit is also staff told me that that he thinks I need to to email Swap Meet team because they won't let him sale because he's not in the system.

Yeah, I would recommend emailing [email protected] to get it worked out. I know Ben's been swamped so hopefully he'll get to you before Thursday. :)

Quote from: Kecreed on May 18, 2015, 11:55:03 PM
Hello! Ran through the whole topic and could not find the answer to this question. Do helpers need to bring a sellers permit as well? Just asking to find out how many to print out.

I also don't have any of my helpers in the system as I am unsure which of my friends will be finished with registration beforehand. Is it alright to just enter them manually in the sellers agreement or should I contact swapmeet ASAP?

Helpers do not need their own sellers permit. As was mentioned earlier, the majority of swap meet sellers do not need to fill out a BOE form because they qualify as "occasional sellers". As a result the swap meet registration form is sufficient. There will be a place on the registration form to list your designated "second" or helper for the evening. This is all you have to do to "authorize" your second. Remember, they also have to be in possession of their badge for Thursday night as well. So yes, it's alright to enter them manually in your sellers agreement right up until the point you check in.

Hope this helps! :D

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

jubeininja69

Hi,

I have an emergency and I can not attend the swap meet on Thursday and Friday.

I need to cancel my reservations on both days for a refund. I already sent an email to the swap meet team.

Thanks.

abcbadcat

I just realized I have way less items that I thought I need to sell so if anybody wants to split a space for today (Thursday) email me immediately at [email protected]

LastExile

I'm not going to be able to attend the swap meet on account of not getting my temporary seller's permit in time. Would it be possible to get a refund?

abcbadcat

Quote from: LastExile on May 21, 2015, 02:44:57 PM
I'm not going to be able to attend the swap meet on account of not getting my temporary seller's permit in time. Would it be possible to get a refund?

Don't you just print out and sign the form?

exploding-goats

This may be a stupid question, but can I give fan art (that I have purchased over the years) for free at the swap meet?

InsaneDavid

Early praise: Nice job getting everyone in quickly and orderly, Swap Meet Staff.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

abcbadcat

FanFicGuru

Quote from: InsaneDavid on May 21, 2015, 11:12:28 PM
Early praise: Nice job getting everyone in quickly and orderly, Swap Meet Staff.

Thanks! The venue helps tremendously, but it also means having more sellers to check in.
Swap meet staff - 2014

jubeininja69

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 22, 2015, 08:02:44 AM

Thanks! The venue helps tremendously, but it also means having more sellers to check in.

Hi,

On Wednesday, I requested to cancel my reservations on both days for a refund due to an emergency. Could I please get some assistance? I already sent an email to the swap meet team and got no reply.

Thanks.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: jubeininja69 on May 22, 2015, 08:09:43 AM

Hi,

On Wednesday, I requested to cancel my reservations on both days for a refund due to an emergency. Could I please get some assistance? I already sent an email to the swap meet team and got no reply.

Thanks.

We have to follow up on the refund policy but at the very least the refund won't be processed until after the convention is over. We'll be in touch.
Swap meet staff - 2014

jubeininja69

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 22, 2015, 02:05:11 PM
Quote from: jubeininja69 on May 22, 2015, 08:09:43 AM

Hi,

Thanks.

We have to follow up on the refund policy but at the very least the refund won't be processed until after the convention is over. We'll be in touch.

Hi,

Do you have any update?