FanimeCon 2015 Gaming Hall – Official Thread

Started by Kaiyoko, April 06, 2015, 12:00:45 PM

Kaiyoko

Hi everyone, thank you for coming out for this year's Gaming Hall! Games Management is aware there is quite a bit of feedback for our area - please standby for the feedback forms that will be setup.

I do want to say this: we are 100% aware that some tournaments did not run smoothly as we would of liked. We do apologize for the inconsistent tournament experiences and we are reviewing what we can do to improve for 2016.
Felicito, aka "Chito"
FanimeCon Games Director
games at fanime dot com
Twitter - @FanimeConGaming

Kuudere

I'm aware that you'll be putting up a feedback form, but just in case my concern doesn't fit in it, I thought I'd post it here, too.

I went to do some tabletop gaming (brought my own games, but wanted to play in the Fanime environment rather than upstairs in a small hotel room), but the long tables at the entrance were so close together that it was very difficult for people sitting in the center to get out. I was constantly scooting my chair all the way in so that people could get by, but they could barely fit even with the maximum space with two chairs filled on each side of them. That could be a big issue if there were an emergency that required evacuation or if someone at the tables got hurt and needed medical attention but were difficult to reach quickly. They should be spread out more, if possible.

Rainbow Ichi

I'm also waiting for the gaming hall 2015 feedback thread to be up :3 I really really enjoyed it this year!
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

Kaiyoko

Quote from: Kuudere on May 27, 2015, 01:05:14 PM
Long story short - Table spacing issues @ Tabletop

There were some layout complications that occurred on setup day and we have made note of them. I do agree it was too cramped and we'll attempt to space it better for 2016. 2015 was a attempt at space optimization and attempts to mitigate higher crowds - we were somewhat successful but we did learn quite a bit on actual design.

Feedback: We'll take some Gaming Hall-specific feedback here and social media, but please do post in the official Convention feedback thread in the link below. We are listening and striving to improve the Gaming Hall for FanimeCon 2016!

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,20228.0.html
Felicito, aka "Chito"
FanimeCon Games Director
games at fanime dot com
Twitter - @FanimeConGaming