ARTISTS - Thank you for your patience!!! A letter from your Artist Alley staff

Started by melodiiousness, April 07, 2015, 01:01:13 AM

melodiiousness

Hello all,

We understand that many in our extended family of artists are upset and frustrated with how things have gone this year. With almost 600 applications and less than half that in tables available, we had to make a lot of hard choices during the review process. With such a talented field wanting into the Alley, it's heartbreaking to know that more than half will be turned away due to hard fact of those numbers before we even began.

The applications were reviewed by the 5 person jury and only the submitted samples were considered. This made portfolio selection an important aspect of the application process. We are working internally to improve this system in light of challenges faced during this year's process that were exacerbated by the amount of great applications we received.

For those artists who were approved, the post-approval Steps 4-9 of the site are not yet ready. There will be an email sent out when that changes. We hope to have them ready to go by (well, a few months ago... so all we can do is aim for ASAP).

We volunteers as staff are continually striving to make Artist Alley a wonderful experience for both our attendees and the artists themselves. We hope that our extended family of artists knows that and we thank you all for your patience and understanding as we continue through this growing pains.

- Artist Alley Staff
Ask me any questions concerning Registration, Artist Alley, Art Gallery, Dealers, Charity, Fan Storage, or Swap Meet!

Fan Services Director '15
Fan Services Second '13-'14
Registration Grunt '07-'12

CatToy

Babybumbi

Hi there!

I have had nothing but problems with registering for her artist alley table. I have now received an email stating I cannot pay for my table because I cannot be a group leader (for badges for myself and my helpers) and an artist in artist alley. This was never stated as a requirement in the beginning. I have received an email requiring me to pick a new group leader BEFORE I can pay for her table. The whole registration system is down until 10pm tonight and I am not convinced there is enough time to give me a chance at table selections.

As you know, table selection is TOMORROW at noon. Please please allow me to be a group leader and pay for her table so I can complete table selection along with everyone else, tomorrow at noon or immediately resolve this issue in some other way.

Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated. It is not fair to leave her out of the table selection process.

Please immediately provide me with a phone number to a real person to resolve this situation.

Thanks in advance for your immediate attention in this matter.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Letter received by Fanime below-

Dear Artist Alley Artist,

Our records show that you are currently a group leader, and also an approved Artist Alley artist.

Unfortunately, as an Artist Alley artist, you can not be in a group. Please appoint a new leader for your group to pick up badges. With this new update,  you'll be receiving a new confirmation for your Artist Alley Artist membership and table payment.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

Kind Regards,
Linda

Linda Char l FanimeCon Registration l P: 800-924-4232 or 415-979-2282 l [email protected]

ewu

Lauren,

You should be able to resolve the issue by replying to the email with your preferences. If you have more questions, they should be able to assist you during business hours tomorrow at the following contact information:

Email:
FaniRegATcmrusDOTcom

Phone (Mon-Fri 9am-9pm ET):
800-924-4232 (US & Canada)
415-979-2282 (International)

You may also get a response to clear things up by emailing artistalleyATfanimeDOTcom but the CMR contact will be able to make the changes.

Thanks,
Eric

Quote from: Babybumbi on April 29, 2015, 08:04:25 PM
Hi there!

I have had nothing but problems with registering for her artist alley table. I have now received an email stating I cannot pay for my table because I cannot be a group leader (for badges for myself and my helpers) and an artist in artist alley. This was never stated as a requirement in the beginning. I have received an email requiring me to pick a new group leader BEFORE I can pay for her table. The whole registration system is down until 10pm tonight and I am not convinced there is enough time to give me a chance at table selections.

As you know, table selection is TOMORROW at noon. Please please allow me to be a group leader and pay for her table so I can complete table selection along with everyone else, tomorrow at noon or immediately resolve this issue in some other way.

Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated. It is not fair to leave her out of the table selection process.

Please immediately provide me with a phone number to a real person to resolve this situation.

Thanks in advance for your immediate attention in this matter.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Letter received by Fanime below-

Dear Artist Alley Artist,

Our records show that you are currently a group leader, and also an approved Artist Alley artist.

Unfortunately, as an Artist Alley artist, you can not be in a group. Please appoint a new leader for your group to pick up badges. With this new update,  you'll be receiving a new confirmation for your Artist Alley Artist membership and table payment.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

Kind Regards,
Linda

Linda Char l FanimeCon Registration l P: 800-924-4232 or 415-979-2282 l [email protected]
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom