Ambient music playing on con floor

Started by spookdy, April 14, 2015, 03:39:15 PM

spookdy

I know in some past years, there has been music playing over the convention center speakers during the con. A particularly memorable one for me was the year after super smash bros brawl was released and that game's soundtrack was playing. I was wondering if there were plans for the music to return this year, and what people would want playing.
TOUCH FUZZY, GET DIZZY

ewu

We plan on having it every year. However, we occasionally run into technical issues. We'll do our best to have cool music:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

arnaudrayber

There's something memorable about rushing to get your pass in time, opening the doors, and being greeted with Pon Pon while running through that zig zag line just before they closed up.

spookdy

Quote from: ewu on April 14, 2015, 07:20:05 PM
We plan on having it every year. However, we occasionally run into technical issues. We'll do our best to have cool music:)

Thanks for the reply! I know you guys are very busy, and I know I'm not the only one who appreciates you trying to get this working aside from the whole rest of the convention.

Quote from: arnaudrayber on April 14, 2015, 08:31:51 PM
There's something memorable about rushing to get your pass in time, opening the doors, and being greeted with Pon Pon while running through that zig zag line just before they closed up.

Yeah, I know personally fitting an enjoyable memory with a song make it that much better; you can put it on and instantly go back to that place.
TOUCH FUZZY, GET DIZZY

TheSledgehammer

Might I suggest town music from RPGs as good tracks for walking around music at fanime? They are repetitive, loop well, and people will recognize them :) Mario RPG, all the Final Fantasy games, anything Square really since they use Nobuo Uematsu for much of their dirty work. Just trying to help :)

Mythal

I think it would be amazing if Fanime could play music from ACNL or any of the Pokemon games. Basically anything from 3DS games would be super cool and since a lot of people bring their 2DS's and 3DS's to the con for street passes I think it would make the experience even better!

itselguapo

I would say anything from OCremix would be cool to have on in the background, but yea any kind of town music would be awesome.

aetherltd

Nina Star 9

I vote for music from RPGs and other video games, but mostly RPGs.

I would love to hear some music from a game like Legend of Mana or Radiant Historia (or other non-KH Shimomura work!). Maybe some Final Fantasy 8, since that one has a few really good town themes. Dungeon themes might work as well.

I actually have some pretty vivid memories involving the ambient music. I remember one year, it was fairly early in the morning, and this was long before the construction was a thing, so the first floor of the CC was pretty deserted. It was a nice, sunny day, and the Delfino Plaza music from super Mario sunshine was playing as I was walking through the empty halls, and it was really nice. It created a nice atmosphere.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on April 30, 2015, 09:09:37 PM

I would love to hear some music from a game like Legend of Mana or Radiant Historia (or other non-KH Shimomura work!).

Absolutely!  The music from Parasite Eve would be awesome in the late evening / night when the halls aren't as full.

Also some of her lesser known (but completely awesome) stuff like the PC Engine rework of F-1 Dream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=civbSLk2HDA
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Angelx624

I personally would love more tokusatsu themes/music! A lot of the themes to Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are very catchy!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Nina Star 9

Quote from: InsaneDavid on May 02, 2015, 09:40:00 AM
Quote from: Nina Star 9 on April 30, 2015, 09:09:37 PM

I would love to hear some music from a game like Legend of Mana or Radiant Historia (or other non-KH Shimomura work!).

Absolutely!  The music from Parasite Eve would be awesome in the late evening / night when the halls aren't as full.

Also some of her lesser known (but completely awesome) stuff like the PC Engine rework of F-1 Dream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=civbSLk2HDA
I like your taste.

I didn't mention PE because the music is so rock-based, I'd feel like I'm getting pumped for con!! or something. But it might be good late at night. A.Y.A. is a great song that I'd love to hear get some playtime. Or just save all the PE music for when I eventually cosplay Eve. ;]

Magical Senpai

I remember back in '04 when Nami Tamaki's album was on loop.

Then I think on Day 4 of '09 or '10 I heard a Christmas song.

Fun times.

Wabbit98

One year at around 3am I heard a Japanese version of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.
2010 - 2013 :Black and White Ball Staff

2014-2015 : Black and White Ball Department Second

2015 : Extravaganzas Division Second

Imperial

I vote for Xenoblade chronicles music as ambient music, such as gaur plains, Satorl marsh at night, and more. the score on this is amazing, its upbeat and makes you feel kinda, Epic.

InsaneDavid

Also selections from the Robot Carnival soundtrack!  It's one of those "if you've seen the movie once the music will become instantly familiar upon hearing it again - even 20+ years later" soundtracks.  While the entire soundtrack is excellent, specific selections for ambient music may include:

Coming Soon / Opening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGhLofQkwxE

Chicken Man and Red Neck First Movement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCdo8h0LV8I

ANY of the movements from Presence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPLDFP1X4cs

Best of all Discotek has FINALLY licensed Robot Carnival for re-release in the US later this year!  :D
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ