Back-On!...?..... Re: Guests I Want for MusicFest 2015!

Started by Kuudere, April 27, 2015, 09:29:01 PM

Kuudere

Quote from: citrus on April 05, 2015, 07:47:03 PM
Of course there's always fanime never listening to us and giving us stuff we don't want or ask for.

I'm laughing at this part now, because the band they got (which as of this time, hasn't been officially announced by Fanime, but the band announced it themselves) has been requested 4 times in the span of these two pages. They are absolutely listening to what we ask for.

citrus

Then I would appreciate it if you would mind telling me that who is. I am kindly asking you to please tell me who it is or at least give me a hint of some sort because I am reading and trying to decipher and count who it is. I've been given the impression that fanime never usually listen to our requests.

Angelx624

Yay!! Happy they got BACK-ON as a guest(according to the band themselves anyway!!) So excited to see them!!! <3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

cutiebunny

Quote from: Kuudere on April 27, 2015, 09:29:01 PMI'm laughing at this part now, because the band they got (which as of this time, hasn't been officially announced by Fanime, but the band announced it themselves) has been requested 4 times in the span of these two pages. They are absolutely listening to what we ask for.

You should still laugh.  With the exception of 2013, Fanime always gets solid music guests.  That's their bread and butter right there.

Show me who suggested Soeta as a guest on the list this year.  Or the Chalk Twins.  Yeah.  I thought so.

Edit:
Quote from: citrus on April 27, 2015, 10:40:23 PM
Then I would appreciate it if you would mind telling me that who is. I am kindly asking you to please tell me who it is or at least give me a hint of some sort because I am reading and trying to decipher and count who it is. I've been given the impression that fanime never usually listen to our requests.

You want to know who Back-On is?  They're largely an anisong type group...though "Flower" was used in a J-drama.  They're a good group to see live, though.

Xanreo

Quote from: cutiebunny on April 27, 2015, 11:49:04 PM
With the exception of 2013, Fanime always gets solid music guests.  That's their bread and butter right there.

Think you meant 2012.
2013 was when 7!! and Rookiez performed whereas 2012 had the comedian during MusicFest.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Kuudere

You should still laugh.  With the exception of 2013, Fanime always gets solid music guests.  That's their bread and butter right there.

Show me who suggested Soeta as a guest on the list this year.  Or the Chalk Twins.  Yeah.  I thought so.

You're right. I was mostly speaking of the MF guests because in the past, those have been the only guests that I've been interested in. They've been consistently good in bringing requested guests for that for nearly (nearly) every year.

In an attempt to not derail this thread, I'll just mention that US-based guests get requested very frequently, so it doesn't surprise me that a cosplayer and chalk artists were invited. They aren't exactly my type of thing, either, but I'm seeing those kinds of guests (popular cosplayers, specifically) more frequently in convention rosters lately - so I'd guess it's Fanime following trends. Whether they're good trends is up for debate.

Quote from: citrus on April 27, 2015, 10:40:23 PM

You want to know who Back-On is?  They're largely an anisong type group...though "Flower" was used in a J-drama.  They're a good group to see live, though.

I think citrus is referring to the fact that I didn't say who the guest was in my post, rather than asking who they are as a band. That's my fault. I was acting like it was common knowledge because the information had been posted by someone on the forums for several hours prior.

citrus

Okay then Kuudere where did you find information that Back On is coming to fanime? I've been going to the bands official website and their social media and I have not found any information of them announcing coming to Fanimecon. It's not in their live schedule and most Japanese bands state if they're going to perform overseas in Japanese. I have an okay understanding of Japanese but I couldn't find the word "Fanime" spelled in Japanese in any of their social media. Either that or I'm not trying hard enough.

Anyways, where did you get info like that from? It's hard for me to believe you without any proof.

Kuudere

Angelx624

Quote from: Xanreo on April 28, 2015, 04:06:56 AM
With the exception of 2013, Fanime always gets solid music guests.  That's their bread and butter right there.

Think you meant 2012.
2013 was when 7!! and Rookiez performed whereas 2012 had the comedian during MusicFest.
2012 had Chiba, who is the alias of Yomi from Nightmare(who they were supposed to get apparently, but the whole band couldn't make it, so they got the lead singer to be his alias instead...... *shrug*)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

cutiebunny

I hope I'm not the only one who finds it sad that Back-On announced it before Fanime.  I could understand if the band jumped the gun and announced it months in advance, but with less than 1 month to con, we're depending on a guest to tell us they're coming.

:-[

citrus

I've never seen Back-On live before but I have heard of them and I know they performed in the U.S in the past and also had their music in anime and other media. But so far after listening to some of their music I'm fairly impressed. I'm just really HOPING that if they get another act it's not going to be someone American like Raj Ramaya. Don't get me wrong I've met the guy at sacanime and he was a decent music artist there.

But there's the big difference. Sacanime is not really known for their music concerts and they don't really emphasize on them really being any good. Most of their music artists have ALWAYS been the same and it ever rarely changes. It's either Kazuha, (A very American inspired band from Japan) The Slants (Some kind of China Town dance music band that's what they decribe themselves anyways), Akai Sky (Another American inspired Japanese band) and Eyeshine. But unfortunately their concert and music events have REALLY fallen down since the last winter event consisting mainly of cover artists and Djs. Really the only band I ever kind of look forward to is Eyeshine and for some reason I never get tired of seeing Johnny bosch and his band play their music since it was good to begin with and many anime fans like them.

My point is that for fanime standards when Raj played the 1st act it was absolutely horrendous and unbearable to listen to because the guy really isn't that great of a singer and his band were just playing covers songs of famous anime OP. It was like listening to a horrible tribute band. But THANK GOD, he only played for a half hour and HOME MADE KAZOKU made everything up for it. And here comes to my next point. If I compare the two Fanime is KNOWN for their musicfest. Like others say it's the bread and butter of the convention and reasons why quite a few even bother coming to the convention in the first place. While for Sacanime. They are not known for their music events. They are known for bringing in the Top-named North American VAs and recently, hollywood actors.

I REALLY hope it's not another American artist playing the 1st act. Or at least something that of a cheap tribute band... I'd rather see one Japanese music artist play then having to sit a half hour of Raj Ramaya playing. When I think about about it, Ai Nonaka does have a singing or music career. So if their not gonna get another separate Big name act. I hope she'll be the one performing!

(Also let's face it. Fanime is still doing a horrible job getting everything together. They are just recently speeding it up and announcing general events, but even then it's still at a snail's pace and they're just giving me an impression they are prognosticating or slacking off)

Kuudere

Quote from: cutiebunny on April 29, 2015, 01:07:10 AM
I hope I'm not the only one who finds it sad that Back-On announced it before Fanime.  I could understand if the band jumped the gun and announced it months in advance, but with less than 1 month to con, we're depending on a guest to tell us they're coming.

:-[

I was a little surprised at this, too. Though I had a friend who works for a small convention in guest relations who told me that sometimes it's in the guest's contract that they want to announce themselves first. I don't think Back-On would have any way to really benefit from that kind of agreement, however...

I have a theory on why they're waiting to announce and which date they'll do it, but I'll be disappointed if I'm right. :(

Quote from: citrus on April 29, 2015, 02:01:41 AM
When I think about about it, Ai Nonaka does have a singing or music career. So if their not gonna get another separate Big name act. I hope she'll be the one performing!

I'd love to see her do a few songs to open! A lot of her anime stuff is in groups or duets, but I don't think it'd be bad to hear them anyway.

lovepulse

I think it's incredibly rude to dismiss a band as "not good enough" just because you have never watched the anime their songs were in.  I've never heard of them either, but they really deserve your respect.  They are our guests after all.  You should always give people a chance.  I didn't know any of Home Made Kazoku's songs last year, but I had an incredibly good time despite it all.

And Raj is a bemani artist (music game company) and has helped made several other songs.  I'm not too sure why they didn't have him play his songs, but I guess no one would really know them.  I was really looking forward to hear his song in Guitarfreaks lol.

TupacTheRobot

I like long walks on the beaches with strawberries and peaches