Fanime Cosplay hangout/Gatherings thread removal emails

Started by JiiiWiz, May 11, 2015, 09:30:19 PM

JiiiWiz

Alright, so I have noticed a huge change in both the Fanime and Cosplay.com forums (for Fanime) and there seems to be an issue on removing threads without no reason or notification or why they were removed. Example, posted in the Fanime forums here in the Cosplays Gathering threads etc, posted up a thread about a hangout for fellow Destiny cosplayers and yet it was removed and nowhere to be found in the Cosplay forum. Wasn't notified that it was removed whatsoever or was explained why it was removed in the first place. It's really saddening that whoever is moderating and deleting posts like that. People of the same interests wanted to hangout, but now the thread is deleted. It shouldn't have been deleted because it wasn't going against any of the rules. We're just simple people who want to join other fans of the same interests. Sorry if this seems harsh, but someone needs to do a better job and not just casually delete threads without looking into them. People want to hang out with other fellow fans, and by deleting those threads is preventing others to finding people who share the same interests. Also know a few others on the Cosplay.com Fanime forums are also doing the same thing, deleting threads. But anyway...

*I suggest either an email about why they were deleting it, or something like that....ONLY if they have broken the rules, but still get a notification on why it was deleted. I mean, why would you delete it if it isn't breaking the rules, right?

- Nami
"Please don't.."

ewu

Odd, I checked the forums records and I show no deleted messages by you.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kuudere

I'm not a moderator and I don't know what happened to your thread, but I have a theory as to why it was removed (if that is the case).

It sounds like you wanted a hangout for people with similar interests, rather than an official Fanime gathering. If that were the case, the more appropriate subforum to post to would be the Meetings, Gatherings, and Get Togethers, rather than the "Cosplay!" one. Maybe a mod tried to redirect your thread to the other one where it would be more suited and something happened where it got lost? Although I'm sure there'd be record of it, which Ewu says is missing.

I do wish that when threads were moved or split, there was something to alert the people in them, though. Sometimes I lose my posts because of this, and have to look through my post history to figure out where they were moved to. Unless there's a way that I don't know about...

ewu

Quote from: Kuudere on May 11, 2015, 11:29:11 PM
I do wish that when threads were moved or split, there was something to alert the people in them, though.

By default, the forums system posts a redirection topic, but sometimes the mod will opt not use that option.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Nina Star 9

Were you the one who posted, or did someone else?

There's a post about Destiny cosplayers that looks like it got merged into the Looking For... thread. That's the closest thing I can find, but I'm not a mod, so I don't have access to the behind-the-scenes stuff. I have modded other forums, though, and know that merging threads doesn't leave redirects behind.