[Happening!~] Day 1 Meetup, Subject: Lunch at AFK Lounge!~

Started by icilby, May 14, 2015, 11:49:21 AM

icilby

Anybody down for a meetup? I always wanted to check out AFK Gamer Lounge since it opened like this recent year, and it looks like it will be open at noon the Friday of Fanime. Anybody down for a meetup there? Probably get liquored up before heading out to Fanime for Day 1? Feeling thirsty after waiting in line to get badge? It's just a simple walk away!

Post for interest!

For more info on AFK Gamer Lounge, check out afk.gg for their website.

Also, anybody been there before and know how crowded they can expect it to be for Day 1 (Friday) or any suggestions for planning for this meetup since I have never been there before?

And I'm down to buy the first person to reply a drink on me hahaha. LETS DO THISSSSS.

YaoiCat

beastboytitans

hey that place looks pretty cool, they got dem gcube and n64

icilby

Quote from: YaoiCat on May 14, 2015, 12:08:08 PM
What time on Friday were you thinking?

I was actually thinking maybe starting at noon or at least before 1pm? Thought it would be a chill place to get some drinks and some lunch before you spend the rest of the day at the convention center. Later at night probably won't work out too well since it's SJSU Graduation on Friday, so I assume dining establishments and general nightlife are gonna be packed on Friday.

Also, a tiny bit of it depends on when they release Fanime schedule. I kinda wanna see when some of the events are gonna be before I plan this out fully.

Annnnd since you replied first, I guess you get a drink on me haha.

YaoiCat

I'm not sure if I'll be there that early on Friday, but if I am, I'll stop by :)

abcbadcat

Go Thursday or Monday. Why break info actual Fanime convention time?

icilby

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 15, 2015, 10:56:44 AM

Don't things usually start on Day 1 like late mid-afternoonish anyway? Doubt we'd be breaking into actual con-time. The only thing I'd think you'd possibly miss if we held it at noonish is probably just some certain gaming tournaments that run and early bracket. And I only have my hotel there for Friday and Saturday night, so I am not planning on commuting for Thursday and Monday.

But if you have any suggestions for any other times, I'm open to suggestions! I probably wanna do Day 1 though since it's typically the deader day compared to Saturday and Sunday; also it's probably best to meet new people earlier in the lifespan of the con than later.

abcbadcat

Quote from: icilby on May 15, 2015, 01:03:38 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on May 15, 2015, 10:56:44 AM
It's probably best to meet new people earlier in the lifespan of the con than later.
I feel it #Respekt

MangoSago

icilby

Schedule is out, doesn't look like anything huge is happening until 2pm, so right now I'm planning for Friday at Noon on Day 1 at AFK Lounge. I'll most likely be there for a good hour and a half probably, so stop by!

If you need my number, PM me but otherwise hopefully see you fools there!