Masquerade progress report May 15 - only 5 slots left.

Started by Erik_anderson, May 15, 2015, 04:23:27 PM

Erik_anderson

We have 50 confirmed contestants

Registration will continue till the Saturday at the convention and we will maintain a waiting list of 15 entries over the 55 slots we have.  If you end up on the waiting list the form will tell you when you sign up.  If we receive more then 70 entries we will close registration entirely.  Once we have our final run list you will get a performance number, this starts with a Letter A or B and indicates which block you will be in, it also shows the order in which you will go on stage and on Sunday its the only number that should matter.  You will get a badge with your number on it and be introduced to your den mom/dad that will be taking care of you for the show.

Midnight Saturday May 16th three new web based forms will go live:

• Craftsmanship Judging form - This form must be filed out prior to Fanime, to be considered for Craftsmanship awards; This allows the judges to be prepared for entry.
  • Tech Request form - This is a detailed tech request form and contains information on the capabilities of our stage, size to allow you to best utilize the stage for your entry.  Next year there will be online videos showing what these lighting effects look like. 
  • Craftsmanship Judging Appointment Request -  This allows you to optionally request a private review with craftsmanship judges on Saturday.  Appointments can be made from 1:00pm to 3:00pm (if we need additional slots we will extend this time).  This is optional, you can also be judged on site, but it allows for more time and to review your construction while not wearing it.

Next communications:

In the next few days you will receive the following:

• Your entry number - This will have an 'A' or 'B' followed by a number and will indicate the order your entry will go on stage.  If you have any special requests on where you would like your entry to appear, please contact me. Come Sunday of Fanime, this is the only number you will care about.
  • Practice Room Request form - This form will allow you to book practice room space from the following times (Note: this is the Blossom Hill ballroom, not the civic stage)
  •        - Friday 1:00pm  to 8:00pm, .
  •        - Saturday 10:00am to 12:00 and 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
  • Extra Stage Rehearsal Request form - This form will allow you to request pre-rehearsal time on the civic stage.  These run from 9:30am to 12:00 noon and there are only 20 slots. Mandatory dress rehearsals begin promptly afterward. So you will walk the stage once before your performance.
  • MC appointment requests - Our distinguished Master of Ceremonies Tadao Tomomatsu may contact you to make an appointment to go over specific pronunciations and if you are using a script, details on tone, timing and the like.  This is at this discretion, however he will speak to each of you the day of the masquerade.
  • Reminders - If we have not received your Music, releases or other forms, we will reach out and check in with you.

Thank you all,
~----------------------------------------------------------------------------~
An evil so refined that it knows which fork to use... but chooses not to.

Belfry

Erik_anderson

Hello Contestants,

Tonight at midnight Saturday May 16th three new web based forms will go live:

We have consolidated the craftsmanship forms to a single form located here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1H9t58-PeAVe29L-uh_JjKb1yQLMCpUd_w5d3r-WlBn8/viewform?c=0&w=1
Next communications:

Your entry number - This will have an 'A' or 'B' followed by a number and will indicate the order your entry will go on stage.  If you have any special requests on where you would like your entry to appear, please contact me. Come Sunday of Fanime, this is the only number you will care about.
Practice Room Request form - This form will allow you to book practice room space from the following times (Note: this is the Blossom Hill ballroom, not the civic stage)
Friday 1:00pm  to 8:00pm, .
Saturday 10:00am to 12:00 and 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
Extra Stage Rehearsal Request form - This form will allow you to request pre-rehearsal time on the civic stage.  These run from 9:30am to 12:00 noon and there are only 20 slots. Mandatory dress rehearsals begin promptly afterward. So you will walk the stage once before your performance.
MC appointment requests - Our distinguished Master of Ceremonies Tadao Tomomatsu may contact you to make an appointment to go over specific pronunciations and if you are using a script, details on tone, timing and the like.  This is at this discretion, however he will speak to each of you the day of the masquerade.
Reminders - If we have not received your Music, releases or other forms, we will reach out and check in with you.
Thank you all,

Erik Anderson
Head of Masquerade

KuriQueenofFeels

Quote from: Erik_anderson on May 17, 2015, 12:03:25 AM
Hello Contestants,

Tonight at midnight Saturday May 16th three new web based forms will go live:

We have consolidated the craftsmanship forms to a single form located here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1H9t58-PeAVe29L-uh_JjKb1yQLMCpUd_w5d3r-WlBn8/viewform?c=0&w=1
Next communications:

Your entry number - This will have an 'A' or 'B' followed by a number and will indicate the order your entry will go on stage.  If you have any special requests on where you would like your entry to appear, please contact me. Come Sunday of Fanime, this is the only number you will care about.
Practice Room Request form - This form will allow you to book practice room space from the following times (Note: this is the Blossom Hill ballroom, not the civic stage)
Friday 1:00pm  to 8:00pm, .
Saturday 10:00am to 12:00 and 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
Extra Stage Rehearsal Request form - This form will allow you to request pre-rehearsal time on the civic stage.  These run from 9:30am to 12:00 noon and there are only 20 slots. Mandatory dress rehearsals begin promptly afterward. So you will walk the stage once before your performance.
MC appointment requests - Our distinguished Master of Ceremonies Tadao Tomomatsu may contact you to make an appointment to go over specific pronunciations and if you are using a script, details on tone, timing and the like.  This is at this discretion, however he will speak to each of you the day of the masquerade.
Reminders - If we have not received your Music, releases or other forms, we will reach out and check in with you.
Thank you all,

Erik Anderson
Head of Masquerade

Just to clarify a little, If you just want to be judged on craftsmanship like... normally, you don't have to sign up for the private judging right? My partner for the show isn't even getting to Fanime until Saturday night, so there are still the normal sunday spots correct?

Also! because I'm looking at the form to try and fill it out, how are we supposed to sign up for two costumes to be judged? Do I just send in 2 forms even if I completely made both the costumes in our group?
Cosplay Lineup 2017
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Friday: Death Scene Dress
Saturday: Kingsglaive
Monday: Casual Short Dress

Sunday: Vaporeon, with group

Erik_anderson

QuoteJust to clarify a little, If you just want to be judged on craftsmanship like... normally, you don't have to sign up for the private judging right?

Correct, this is an option.

QuoteMy partner for the show isn't even getting to Fanime until Saturday night, so there are still the normal sunday spots correct?

You will be fine.

QuoteAlso! because I'm looking at the form to try and fill it out, how are we supposed to sign up for two costumes to be judged? Do I just send in 2 forms even if I completely made both the costumes in our group?

Yes one per, plus I will drop a pdf form in your dropbox