Guest Autograph Questions?

Started by Kuudere, May 19, 2015, 02:53:20 PM

Kuudere

In the guide, I couldn't find which rooms autographs would take place. Will these be released later or did I miss it?

Also, I had a question about autograph etiquette that I hope someone experienced has an answer to. I'd like to go see Ai Nonaka, and my favorite character that she's voiced is Kafuka from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Merchandise from that series is...difficult to find, at best (also, no official English release of the anime series has been made - I'm pretty sure the subbers are terrified to work with it). I was wondering if having her sign the manga from the series would be acceptable, even though she was only tied to the animation. Would that be rude? Should I just suck it up and buy the non-translated anime?

GokuMew2

Quote from: Kuudere on May 19, 2015, 02:53:20 PM
I was wondering if having her sign the manga from the series would be acceptable, even though she was only tied to the animation. Would that be rude? Should I just suck it up and buy the non-translated anime?
Hi. The manga shouldn't be a problem. The only items we ask people not to bring are unlicensed items (bootlegs) and anime/manga items completely unrelated to the guest. (Generic objects such as cellphones, badges, etc. are fine.)

Whatever happened to Media Blaster's license of Zetsubou Sensei anyway......? :(
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Kuudere

Quote from: GokuMew2 on May 19, 2015, 07:53:53 PM
Quote from: Kuudere on May 19, 2015, 02:53:20 PM
I was wondering if having her sign the manga from the series would be acceptable, even though she was only tied to the animation. Would that be rude? Should I just suck it up and buy the non-translated anime?
Hi. The manga shouldn't be a problem. The only items we ask people not to bring are unlicensed items (bootlegs) and anime/manga items completely unrelated to the guest. (Generic objects such as cellphones, badges, etc. are fine.)

Whatever happened to Media Blaster's license of Zetsubou Sensei anyway......? :(

Nice! Okay, I'll bring my manga. I'm excited for the chance to get to meet her!

Media Blasters just sat on it for a while and as far as I know, it's open to be licensed again. I don't blame companies for being wary of the series, because it must be one of the most difficult to sub/dub out there (translator's notes galore), but I'd really like an official English release to support the anime, at least. :(