Volunteers Lagging on Badge check.

Started by spycker, May 25, 2015, 01:09:07 PM

spycker

The volunteers in the video rooms werent doing their job checking badges....I think, last year  volunteers were on their A-game, checking badges left and right...not so much this year....except for two rooms.

InsaneDavid

Agreed. Badge checks in video rooms were extremely lax this year from what I experienced.  Granted I had no issues in any of the video rooms but only three times did I ever pass any staff or volunteers at a video room door, only twice was a badge check ever performed - once on Friday and once on Saturday.

I don't know if it's a Convention Center restriction but I've said in the past that checking badges at the two entrances to the hallways for the two video room sections would minimize the amount of required staff.  Additionally staff / volunteers that are supervising the video rooms would be free to remain inside to keep the videos running and not have to perform double duty checking badges outside while keeping an eye on the room inside.  Four total badge checkers (two at the entrance to each of the executive ballroom hallways) could take care of this, one at each hallway during off-peak hours.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Firefury Amahira

Yeah, I didn't get badge-checked at all on Sunday when I meandered over to the video rooms when I had some down time.
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

spycker

I was only asked for my badge entering the vendors hall, artist alley and gaming area....oh and the dances....but for the video rooms, barely....

kookiekween99

I thought video rooms were unbadged? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but I remember my friend's mom hanging out in the video rooms for a while several years ago and she never had a badge.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

kirariken

Video Programming

InsaneDavid

2012 - 2014 I had my badge checked at the entrance to each video room almost every time - especially in 2014.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: kirariken on May 29, 2015, 09:27:52 AM
Video Rooms are not badged  :)

This is news to me. But now my friend getting in without a badge seems a lot less of a big deal.

s3xysaxmansaxaphone

So I'm new to this whole forum thing but on the Badge check why is it that the volunteers are being kind of selective about who they are picking out of the crowds and giving a hard time and some of the volunteers are extremely rude towards the con attendees this past year a lot of people i know were getting yelled at by one volunteer specifically i large Caucasian woman with glasses working by the dance most of the weekend This kind of behavior is really appalling especially coming from one that is supposed to be of some kind of authority to be treating people in such a horrific manner is unacceptable, I really hope This kind of behavior changes and the they become more selective in who they give power authority to.

Mod edit: its called a dance

OtakuAngel87

Quote from: s3xysaxmansaxaphone on June 09, 2015, 11:34:23 PM
So I'm new to this whole forum thing but on the Badge check why is it that the volunteers are being kind of selective about who they are picking out of the crowds and giving a hard time and some of the volunteers are extremely rude towards the con attendees this past year a lot of people i know were getting yelled at by one volunteer specifically i large Caucasian woman with glasses working by the dance most of the weekend This kind of behavior is really appalling especially coming from one that is supposed to be of some kind of authority to be treating people in such a horrific manner is unacceptable, I really hope This kind of behavior changes and the they become more selective in who they give power authority to.

I've noticed some of these things happening too as I'm passing by certain areas. However, you have the ability to go to con-ops and report it. Volunteers are supposed to be there to help make the experience a lot better not to have attendees feel uncomfortable.

Mod edit: its called a dance
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon