Success!

Started by otakuya, May 26, 2015, 04:49:56 PM

otakuya

I'd like to say how well this year's event was held and to say thanks to all staff for another year. I don't have any complaints as far as staffing or venue related issues. I can't speak for people like dealers, swap meeters, and artist alleyers, but the event itself seemed like to be pulled off without any major problems.

Other than issues before the con, like housing, website updates, guests, artist alley registration, etc., the con itself ran as smooth as I ever seen before; and I've been to 16 straight Fanimes.

I hope that Fanime can continue to grow into an even bigger gathering of fans and continue to be well-run like this year.

Kuudere

The convention's management was really a breath of fresh air this year. I had very few complaints, and those were mostly minor, anyway.

Congrats to staff for doing a fantastic job! I have high hopes for the remaining years of the chair heads, if they decide to continue. Thanks for the great time!

Abyss1

Quote from: otakuya on May 26, 2015, 04:49:56 PM
I'd like to say how well this year's event was held and to say thanks to all staff for another year. I don't have any complaints as far as staffing or venue related issues. I can't speak for people like dealers, swap meeters, and artist alleyers, but the event itself seemed like to be pulled off without any major problems.

Other than issues before the con, like housing, website updates, guests, artist alley registration, etc., the con itself ran as smooth as I ever seen before; and I've been to 16 straight Fanimes.

I hope that Fanime can continue to grow into an even bigger gathering of fans and continue to be well-run like this year.

out of curiosity what was the final attendee # and how has it been over the last 3yrs?  Up or down?

Kuudere

Quote from: Abyss1 on June 02, 2015, 12:23:15 PM
out of curiosity what was the final attendee # and how has it been over the last 3yrs?  Up or down?

According to this post, "north of" 27,000, which was last year's estimate. They never really release official numbers, but I've heard past recent years that it's been around 25k, so it's definitely growing.

Steve.Young

2013 - North of 25k
2014 - North of 27k
2015 - Many more people than 2014 :)

We're still working on the official numbers but we're settings some records. Anecdotal evidence suggests more people this year with the crowds doesn't it?
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Abyss1

Quote from: Steve.Young on June 02, 2015, 03:41:58 PM
2013 - North of 25k
2014 - North of 27k
2015 - Many more people than 2014 :)

We're still working on the official numbers but we're settings some records. Anecdotal evidence suggests more people this year with the crowds doesn't it?

Yea my badge ID# was some number in the 26,000 so I figured that many people...crazy how big its gotten (been going since '99)