Harassment at Karaoke

Started by Creatrix Tiara, June 01, 2015, 12:22:48 AM

Creatrix Tiara

On Saturday night, towards the end of Karaoke (definitely past midnight), there were a group of guys in the audience who were saying really lewd things to the women performing on stage.

I loudly and openly told them off (I don't think they paid attention), and I also texted the emergency number on the back of the tag telling them what happened at the room and where the guys were. I got no response to the text message and I don't think anyone came to check. No one else in the room did anything to stop them, that I know of.

Was that message ever received? Does anyone check that number after hours?

FinalStar02

Hello, this is Michael the Head of the Rover's Department. I am sorry that we were unable to respond to what is obviously unacceptable behavior. Rovers work hard every year to try to make Fanime a welcoming place. If you can remember any other details you can email me at [email protected].

The texting number listed on the back of your badge is staffed 24 hours while the convention is going, but it appears this was missed. I once again apologizes for for no one taking care of these people.
2015 Rovers Department Head
Always Remember To Have Fun