Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2016!

Started by princesslara, May 25, 2015, 12:58:39 AM

princesslara

Hi everyone! Though I'm new to these forums I've certainly enjoyed Fanime 2015, though it's sadly ending soon. I'm definitely going to Fanime 2016!

I'm only going to suggest one Fanime Guest of Honor and that would be NipahDUBS. I know there are plenty of people who are worthy of being Guests of Honors but I'm just suggesting him so it's out there.

Most known for his cosplays, he's cosplayed numerous amounts of characters such as Sora and Link, and even created his own gender-bend cosplays for a Male Anna from Frozen, and a Male Jinx from League of Legends.

The reason I choose NipahDUBS is because of his encouragement of others to cosplay, and the face that he crafts most clothing articles for them, making him a great choice to be a guest in order to teach others how to unlock their cosplaying potential. He also styles his own wigs and is up for commissions (Wig Styling Panel?!).

On a side note, he's HUGELY into MMD and certainly could have tutorials on that, maybe for the music video contest?

He's open to attending next year as stated in a link below, and I certainly hope he's invited. ^-^

http://bit.ly/1FyGY8k

*Mod Notes* - Split from the 2015 thread and stickied for 2016.

trickstersgambit

Greg Ayers! He's a great voice actor, a sweet guy, and an awesome DJ
Epileptic artist, writer, Con Ops staffer 2014, 2015, beyond? general badass.

Sunara Ishi

I'm just going to copy my list from 2015 for now...

I'd really like to see (Japanese) mangakas and seiyuu. It seems the last few years didn't have much. Manhwa authors/artists would be awesome too. We never see those. Perhaps even japanese game creators/artists/story writers/seiyuu? It would be also cool to get someone from a Jdrama, etc.

I'll just list some of the more mainstream ones I like. (And ones I know are current.)

Music guests:
Kalafina
Aoi Eir
Aimer
Elisa
Suara
Superfly
ClariS
Kanon Wakeshima
BoA

Mangaka artists/authors:
Kakinouchi Narumi (Vampire Princess Miyu, etc.)
NAKAMURA Yoshiki (Skip Beat, etc.)
MASHIMA Hiro (Fairy Tail, Rave, etc.)
IKUHARA Kunihiko (Mawaru Penguindrum, Utena, Yuri Kuma Arashi)
Kinoshita, Sakura (Matantei Loki Ragnarok)
Clamp
Naoko Takeuchi (Sailor Moon) & Yoshihiro Togashi (Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter) [obviously they'd most likely have to be a pair]
Yana Toboso (Kuroshitsuji)
RHIM Ju-Yeon (manhwa - Ciel, Last Autumn Story)

Japanese Novelists:
NARITA Ryougo (Durarara!!)

Seiyuu:
Miyuki SAWASHIRO
Sayaka OHARA
Tetsuya
Tomokazu SEKI

Anime character designers:
Maho Yoshikawa (Amnesia, Fairy Tail, etc.)

Game companies/people:
Maybe someone from Idea factory, Key, or from the "Tales of" game staff?
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Angelx624

Pretty much the same ones I suggested last time:

Jun Fukuyama
Kei Hosogai
Jinnai Sho
Ryohei Odai
Yutaka Kobayashi
Masatomo Nakazawa
Satoshi Hino
Takahiro Sakurai
Luci Christian
Allison Sumrall
Ryosuke Miura

Though if Fanime got ANY tokusatsu actor to come, I'd be over the moon. xDDD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

HunterZero

I keep holding out hope for:

The Pillows
TsuShiMaMiRe

I now add WORLD ORDER to that list
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

otakuya

YouTube guests, especially the gamer ones! Markiplier, Game Grumps, JonTron, ProJared, PeanutButterGamer, Completionist, etc... Imagine their panels!

InsaneDavid

Absolute pipe dream but Arino Shinya.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Firefury Amahira

"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: InsaneDavid on June 02, 2015, 07:06:34 PM

Even if a pipedream, I do second this request along with any of the Gamecenter CX crew past and present

InsaneDavid

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on June 02, 2015, 11:57:37 PM
Quote from: InsaneDavid on June 02, 2015, 07:06:34 PM

Even if a pipedream, I do second this request along with any of the Gamecenter CX crew past and present

Ah, Toujima.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Angelx624

Quote from: HunterZero on June 02, 2015, 10:32:37 AM
I keep holding out hope for:

The Pillows
TsuShiMaMiRe

I now add WORLD ORDER to that list
YES WORLD ORDER!!!!!!!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

ghoulpixel

I would love to have Matthew Mercer , voice actor of Levi from SnK & Sinbad from Magi & many more UvU
kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD

tdawinner

I want to see more seiyuu this year. In particular, I want to see any of the Love Live seiyuu. I'd also want to see Todd Haberkorn.

Angelx624

Quote from: tdawinner on July 28, 2015, 07:56:28 PM
I want to see more seiyuu this year. In particular, I want to see any of the Love Live seiyuu.
Yes seiyuu!! I'd love to see the Free! seiyuu!! :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Anti-Gonist

FOR COSPLAYERS, REIKA, Kaname, NipahDUBS, JIN, Liui Aquino, Twinzik, Tsubasa, and JESSICA NIGRI! XD

Japanese Voice Actors/Actresses: KAJI YUKI (PLEASSEE), KAMIYA HIROSHI, DAISUKE ONO, JUN FUKUYAMA (ESPECIALLY WHEN HE'S PERSONA 5 PROTAG <3), AKIRA ISHIDA, DAISUKE NAMIKAWA, NATSUKI HANAE, and AOI SHOUTA (WE NEEEEDD HIM)
MARINA INOUE, RISA TANEDA, MAAYA SAKAMOTO, AND PARK ROMI (WE NEED ED! AND NAOTO)

American Voice Actors: Yuri Lowenthal, Johnny Yong Bosch, Probably the whole English Dub Persona Cast :P

Others: Team Four Star, TSM, Joey blonde wolf, Eir Aoi, LISA, PelleK, if possible......BABY METAL and HATSUNE MIKU
Fanime 2016
Friday: Persona 5 Phantom Thief
Saturday: Naoya Toudou
Sunday: Scheherazade
Monday:
Others:

citrus

They're gonna have to do A LOT more if they want me to return. I'd be better off going to other anime conventions that take the same place as the memorial day weekend. The guests were better this year but it's nowhere NEAR as good as 2011. Not by a LONG mile. For a convention that has 27,000 people coming each year. It doesn't deserve anywhere NEAR the praise it's getting.

I don't even know if I should BOTHER posting the guest list I want for next year. Because I bet fanime is going to bring guests next year that NOBODY asks for or care. let me guess Yamanaga and Giles Patterson AGAIN? I don't mind repeat guests so long as it's somebody I CARED ABOUT. Like I don't know bring Haruka Momoi again!? She loved Fanime so much that she came back three times! And they have said she has never gone to a convention repeatedly aside from Fanime. I've only attended her panel once when I was pretty young and still in High School. While I did not see her the other years I attended. To say the least I respected her quite a bit and didn't mind if she kept coming back. But NO. I feel like it's Fanime's fault that she didn't came back even though she wanted too.

The only guests that Fanime is ever is competent in bringing is the Music Guests. But we only got one this year so its no longer musicfest...

You know what else? My local Anime Convention Sac-Anime has a much lower attendance rate but you know what the biggest difference is? they get BETTER guests and so many that it's practically crazy. Yes most of them is North American guests but as of the past few years they have been able to get their hands on a couple of Japanese guests. They even got their hands on Mamoru Yokota who has attended Fanimecon a few times. Not only that the convention caters to EVERY single audience. Comics, TV show, Anime, cosplay pretty much EVERYTHING. Fanime? It only caters to mainly cosplayers or people that like to just sit around and "chill."

I'd much rather pay a lot more for the badges and hotels if it means getting better guests.

Dracil

So go to Sac-Anime.  They have like essentially nothing of interest music guest wise.  That dillution of fandom is essentially why I don't bother.  Everything is too watered down.  If I want comics, TV shows, or basically Western fandom stuff I'll just go to comic con or something.  If I want games I'll go to PAX or BGG.con or something.

Sakuracon currently seems to be THE place to go for Japanese guests and I'll definitely attend that again.

I believe con staff that matter don't really want Momoi again so it's generally a lost cause, but so far she seems to be in America once a year or so, so if you're willing to travel you can still see her.  But as long as Fanime continues bringing music guests of some relevance I'll probably still go.

cutiebunny

Quote from: citrus on August 04, 2015, 01:38:01 AM
I don't mind repeat guests so long as it's somebody I CARED ABOUT.

Not gonna lie, but that came off as completely selfish. 

I don't get you, citrus.  You whine and moan about Fanime being a horrible convention all year long, and then when you attend and enjoy the concert, you claim that you like the direction that Fanime is going.  So...which is it?!  You continually spam the forums with complaints, but then you post this -

QuoteI have plans on returning back to the con.

What incentive does the convention have to change if you've already decided you're attending in 2016?  They clearly must be doing something right if you're willing to forego attending other conventions.

QuoteI'd much rather pay a lot more for the badges and hotels if it means getting better guests.

Then put your money where your mouth is and go somewhere else.

citrus

Quote from: cutiebunny on August 04, 2015, 10:56:54 AM
Quote from: citrus on August 04, 2015, 01:38:01 AM
I don't mind repeat guests so long as it's somebody I CARED ABOUT.

Not gonna lie, but that came off as completely selfish. 

I don't get you, citrus.  You whine and moan about Fanime being a horrible convention all year long, and then when you attend and enjoy the concert, you claim that you like the direction that Fanime is going.  So...which is it?!  You continually spam the forums with complaints, but then you post this -

QuoteI have plans on returning back to the con.

What incentive does the convention have to change if you've already decided you're attending in 2016?  They clearly must be doing something right if you're willing to forego attending other conventions.

QuoteI'd much rather pay a lot more for the badges and hotels if it means getting better guests.

Then put your money where your mouth is and go somewhere else.

I'm gonna lie. I do it out of frustration and vent out to get if off of my system because I constantly keep thinking of the past few years of what Fanime was like and still brings bitter memories that I guess in order stop thinking of them I post my frustration about them. I DO like the way things are going for Fanime for this year. They did have some guests I like and for whatever panels they have I did enjoy to a certain extent. Could be better though.

Your right, Fanime IS doing something right for me if I'm attending for 2016. 2015 is where I think it was somewhat going in the right direction when it came to guests and some panels, but  I guess what I'm hoping to do by continuing to moan and complain is that by continuing to do so Fanime will acknowledge it and change things so that way it'll go into the days of 2011 But I am most likely being way to naive and ignorant about it. I admit I have really good memories of the convention before 2012 came and it's really hard for me to let go of those memories. Deep down I still love Fanime. And I been reluctant to ditch fanime and go to other conventions because I'm still loyal to it I think.

I am starting to realize what I said about the guests did come out completely selfish. I really shouldn't have said such things about some of the repeat guests that come to Fanime. There are people that do enjoy them. None of the guests deserve my disrespectful words as they have done nothing wrong to deserve them.

I deeply apologize, for my strange and irrational behavior ever since I join the forums, I don't want anybody to think real badly of me and think I am troll of some kind which I'm not. Though I admit once and a while I do like to troll sometimes. I promise to keep my complaints to a minimum Or if I must complain I will do it in a way that's more calm and rational as well making sense. Because it's clear I'm not thinking on what I'm typing at times.

Once again, I apologize for my strange and irrational behavior. I DO like Fanime and I do enjoy it to some extent. Please do not let me stop from posting on this thread.