Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2016!

Started by princesslara, May 25, 2015, 12:58:39 AM

ZIMdudeAlchemist

Moetic Justice

Clyde Mandelin - Anime and game translator; has written extensively about game translations at his site Legends of Localization.

mischeivious_lil_kitsune

For VAs I would love for Crispin Freeman to come

For Youtubers: Teamfourstar, LittleKuriboh, and Octopimp I would love to see

Edit: Would also love to see Sapphire (aka Strawberrycreme26) to come and host a panel or perform. She's a youtuber who does english covers of anime songs and they're really good. She's also known for doing the hiimdaisy Persona 4 comic fandub https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sapphire
Let's do the fork in the garbage disposal!

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Moetic Justice on February 22, 2016, 04:19:46 PM
Clyde Mandelin - Anime and game translator; has written extensively about game translations at his site Legends of Localization.

That would actually be pretty awesome.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

citrus

How about... listening to the paying attendees suggestions and actually try getting them for a change? Or announcing guests ahead of time so people can plan ahead? So far looking at social media. As of this time the post was made, a cosplay guest was announced. That's good... now how about someone with a very reputable name or someone with enough credential that you would want to know more about that person?

Considering how things have run in the past few years. The guest roster has already been determined I assume. So... what guests do I want for Fanimecon 2016? Just about literally anybody that other forum members have suggested.

joAnnwashere

I've gotten into watching Youtube playthroughs with my boyfriend, and one comedy gaming channel we're both huge fans of is Game Grumps. The main players are Arin and Danny who reside in LA, I believe. They're really personable and entertaining so panels featuring them would be great, they'd add even more variety into the lineup, and maybe could play against fans + do live playthroughs (is this a thing?) with the Gaming Hall. :)

Danny is also in a comedy band called Ninja Sex Party which would be a hilarious act at MusicFest or Stage Zero, though some songs are NSFW, and I don't actually know if that's allowed.. They're really popular too, so I wonder about the expense.

Quote from: otakuya on June 02, 2015, 05:54:37 PM
YouTube guests, especially the gamer ones! Markiplier, Game Grumps, JonTron, ProJared, PeanutButterGamer, Completionist, etc... Imagine their panels!

I second this person! In particular, I think JonTron would also have amazing panels. Game Grumps would be best imo, the way their jokes bounce off of one another would work well in a panel setting.

Angelx624

Game Grumps and Mark would be great. XDD I'd also like to see Rooster Teeth, as well!! <3 But one can dream.... :DD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

andyjay729

Dunno if anyone can legally answer this, but how many guests are lined up this year? I saw in the archives that there were 10 last year; we now have eight. There's one group I would really like to see, but they haven't been announced... :(

Sora

Namikawa Daisuke, Charles Martinet, Tanaka Mayumi, Kamiya Hiroshi, Suzumura Kenichi, Seki Tomokazu, Seki Toshihiko, Yusa Kouji, Hoshi Souichirou, Kaida Yuki, Takahashi Hiroki, and Nakai Kazuya. Also, AAA (Japanese band).
"Don't give me any orders."