Guests I Want For Music Fest 2016!!

Started by Kuudere, June 10, 2015, 12:33:19 PM

TupacTheRobot

ALSO I FORGOT TO MENTION, FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS WOULD BE AN AWESOME BAND TO SEE

funsi

Quote from: Freud on February 10, 2016, 10:24:44 AM
Oldcodex
One ok Rock
Perfume!
Kyary

Perfume is actually coming to SF on August 28.  :)

Artists I'd love to see:
Egoist
Chris Hart

Angelx624

I'm hoping for more than one artist, myself. I've suggested quite a few, already, though. (^^)"
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

TupacTheRobot

Quote from: Angelx624 on April 03, 2016, 06:35:45 PM
I'm hoping for more than one artist, myself. I've suggested quite a few, already, though. (^^)"

There will be, there always is if you haven't been to musicfest berfore

Angelx624

Quote from: TupacTheRobot on April 04, 2016, 12:20:02 PM

Dude, I've been going to Musicfest since my first Fanime in 2010. XDD But, if you didn't attend it last year, there was only one artist as opposed to the usual two. XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Acid_Android

Quote from: funsi on April 03, 2016, 02:57:19 PM
Artists I'd love to see:
Egoist
Chris Hart

:D I'll be sure to tell Chris. He was actually a local act at MusicFest in 2008 when he was doing rock lol
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Angelx624 on April 04, 2016, 05:05:03 PM

Dude, I've been going to Musicfest since my first Fanime in 2010. XDD But, if you didn't attend it last year, there was only one artist as opposed to the usual two. XD
Occasionally when there is a very big guest, there is only one. I believe 2008 also only had one; unless my love for An Cafe made me overlook the other one... -.-;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Acid_Android

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on April 08, 2016, 12:04:14 AM

Occasionally when there is a very big guest, there is only one. I believe 2008 also only had one; unless my love for An Cafe made me overlook the other one... -.-;

The number of MusicFest guests vary from year to year, but that's mostly from various issues and circumstances that differ each year. One thing is for sure: many conventions now bring music guests, far more than when MusicFest first started ~13 years ago. Japanese agencies know they can ask for more, and can decide to go with the highest-bidder, so to speak. What I used to be able to accomplish a long time ago with acquisitions is WAY more difficult now.

Just something to keep in mind.

(Also we did have more than just An Cafe in 2008...just not on the same night. "Old schoolers" would remember that MusicFest used to have two-nights of concerts to accommodate locals and smaller indie bands)

MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

TupacTheRobot

Oh my god I keep forgetting some I meant to say

Shoko Nakagawa and/or Soul'd out would be awesome!

hikanteki

Quote from: Amarok on February 15, 2016, 02:00:23 PM
My 2 cents--just like I'm not really interested in seeing dub actors, I'm not really interested in seeing local bands, although I totally get that there are people who may want it. I always make an effort to go see all the Japanese bands you guys get to play every year even when they're not a genre I'm particularly into because I know the amount of work it takes to get somebody from overseas, and I appreciate the rare opportunity to get to see bands I wouldn't otherwise without going to Japan.  :D It's one of the big highlights of Fanime for me, so I'd be pretty disappointed if you went for local cover bands instead. If it's a numbers thing, I'd much rather see one or two artists from Japan instead of a bunch of local bands. And I agree with all of Ecchi ja Nai's comments/alternatives!

I agree 100%! The Japanese bands are the only reason why I make it a point to return to Fanime year after year. After 2013 Line Con I had sworn off Fanime but then reversed my decision for one reason only, which was the announcement of Home Made Kazoku (well, two reasons--them, and fixing reg.)

I'd be fine with an western J-influenced band AS AN OPENER as long as they were top notch. Lemon Drop Kick is a great example! But we don't need the bands that make the rounds at all local conventions (i.e. Akai Sky)

Alternately, I wouldn't mind seeing some indie J-Pop/J-Rock bands from Japan. It's great to see big name acts, but even if they aren't big name, it's still worth going to see a style that's hard to find in the US.

While I too would like to see the return of a two act MusicFest, I understand that's not always possible, and I'll gladly take one amazing band over none.

Angelx624

Quote from: Acid_Android on April 08, 2016, 01:10:28 PM
Quote from: Sunara Ishi on April 08, 2016, 12:04:14 AM

The number of MusicFest guests vary from year to year, but that's mostly from various issues and circumstances that differ each year. One thing is for sure: many conventions now bring music guests, far more than when MusicFest first started ~13 years ago. Japanese agencies know they can ask for more, and can decide to go with the highest-bidder, so to speak. What I used to be able to accomplish a long time ago with acquisitions is WAY more difficult now.

Just something to keep in mind.

(Also we did have more than just An Cafe in 2008...just not on the same night. "Old schoolers" would remember that MusicFest used to have two-nights of concerts to accommodate locals and smaller indie bands)
Makes sense. And yes, my first Fanime was back when there were more than one concerts. I went to the LM.C one that year. <3333

And while there was only one performer this year, the concert was still one of the best Musicfests I've been to. <3333 Da-iCE are really amazing. :) <3 They showed SO much love for the fans and I couldn't have asked for a better music guest. <3333 They truly made my Fanime this year.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Steve.Young

Unstickied. 2017 is up, use that one.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com