Question about booking through Fanime Hotel website vs Hotel Website

Started by GumbyEX, September 13, 2015, 07:01:04 PM

GumbyEX

Hello, I'm someone who is planning on getting a hotel for Fanime 2016 and I had a few questions about booking through Fanime's website. Other than booking a badge and hotel with the same people, is there any other difference between me booking a room now as opposed to booking with the Fanime website? As someone who is a student, I worry about waiting until the hotel website comes out and missing my opportunity on getting a hotel because I am in school. As a result, I want to book as early as I can but I also want to make sure I'm not missing out by not booking through the Fanime website. Thanks ahead of time!

GokuMew2

If there were no difference, everyone would have already booked a room. =)

If you want the FanimeCon room rate then you will need to book a room through the FanimeCon-specific website that'll be open when things are ready. The reason for that is because FanimeCon has blocks of rooms that we can offer at the discounted con rate. Only rooms booked through the FanimeCon website will be booked in those special blocks. If you book through the hotel website, it won't be inside the con rate block and you would therefore be paying the hotel's full price.

I'm sure there will be an announcement when hotel bookings are about to open up.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Admiral Donuts

The FanimeCon room rate for the hotels is about half of what you'd normally pay.

Fanime has already reserved most of the hotels in the area, you could book a hotel now but it would be more expensive and not as convenient.

The best thing to do is monitor the forums, Facebook page, and Twitter account, and then get everyone you're going with to try and book it over the phone and website the minute it goes live.