Fanime 2018 Cosplay Gatherings News Update 2/23

Started by Imperial, October 26, 2015, 02:31:50 PM

Imperial

Hello Everyone,

Hey everyone! We're only a few weeks from con time, and we're so hyped at all the submissions that we've gotten so far! We're at 60 approved submissions so far this year, with some more on the way!! We're here to give an update on those approved submissions, along with some exciting news!

Publications:
First off, we're happy to announce that our Cosplay Gatherings will be printed in the books this year!! It'll be printed with a map and time and place and everything, so it'll make it way easier for people to find and attend them!! To have your gathering included in the books, your gathering must be submitted and approved by APRIL 27th!! We're still accepting submissions a little after that, but we won't be able to put it in the book!

Large gatherings:
For gatherings that anticipate having over 60 people, we've been told that we have to schedule to have extra security on site for them. The deadline for those are APRIL 15th!! It's right around the corner, we know. We kind of got this notice really last minute, so if you anticipate a gathering that large but haven't been able to fully submit/get approval, please message us so we can still ask for that extra security! We can still accept the large gatherings after this date, but please let us know sooner than later so we can get the required extra security!!

Staff deadline:
This is a small extra we're throwing in here-- if you are interested in staffing with our department this year but have been putting it off, now's the time to throw in your hat! We're always looking to bring on more staff that are passionate about cosplaying and helping people organize and have fun :) your experience level doesn't have to be top star quality (though we appreciate it if you have that!), we're really more looking for people who have passion about this stuff as much as we do! The deadline for that is right around the corner too, APRIL 14th!! Message us to let us know that you're interested before that day and we'll talk :)

Alrighty y'all, that's the last of our updates for now. We'll keep posting stuff as we go along. Can't wait to see you all soon!!

Love,
CGD

SquishyK

Hi! Thanks for the update. Will there be a specific Facebook page/group set up for finding and organizing Fanime Panels? Or will they still be primarily organized here with the official list posted on FB/Twitter?
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

Imperial

Unfortunately, I cant speak on their behalf, ill beep them to check in here.

ghoulpixel

Congrats for being the new head! I hope everything goes well on your behalf and good luck with the organization this year!!
kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD

SquishyK

Quote from: Imperial on October 28, 2015, 08:17:55 PM
I'm sorry I miss typed. I meant Cosplay Gatherings, NOT fanime panels. I must have had panels on the brain. my bad.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

Nina Star 9

I was wondering who was going to take over. Congrats!

Sad about the move to FB, as I don't have an account, but I'm also not planning on hosting gatherings, so hopefully it won't be too much of an issue. Will there will be posts here in the forums that I can either reply to with with plans for a certain gathering, or so I can at least see which gatherings are being held without having to dig through FB and hope I find the posts there? At the very least, will there be a complete list of gatherings posted here, so I can view them?

KingDedede

Congrats! m8
Hoping to find a smash bros gathering!
Also somewhat new to Fanime, seeing as 2016 will only be my second year.
None the  less, excited

Kite

First, congrats.

Second, do we now have to go to facebook to sign in our gatherings?

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: KingDedede on November 01, 2015, 06:19:41 PM
Congrats! m8
Hoping to find a smash bros gathering!
Also somewhat new to Fanime, seeing as 2016 will only be my second year.
None the  less, excited

I plan to run smash again at a better time this year. :3
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

Imperial

So, for clarifacation, I will aim to have all info on gatherings both on here and social media's for THIS YEAR. I will make sure one links to the other, so you know where the mothership will be stationed at both areas.
Quote from: Nina Star 9 on October 31, 2015, 07:52:16 AM
At the very least, will there be a complete list of gatherings posted here, so I can view them?
With the new form, I Hope, Hope, that I can make a master list on the Fanime Host Site (as in, not hidden in the forums, like, easy peasy from front page of fanime website) that will either be a mirror or the same as I post here and social medias.
Quote from: pitin on October 30, 2015, 09:43:19 AM
Quote from: Imperial on October 28, 2015, 08:17:55 PM
I'm sorry I miss typed. I meant Cosplay Gatherings, NOT fanime panels. I must have had panels on the brain. my bad.
I am still asking on that (since its a representation of con outside of here, I do need to ask), again, soon as everything is nailed down for me to report out, I will.

Angelx624

Congrats on being the new head!!

So.... gathering threads on here will still be a thing, right? :o
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

bahamutknightzero

Congrats and thanks for the clarification. Hopefully I don't get all lost in the confusion

InsaneDavid

I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Rodney_Pheonix

Quote from: Angelx624 on November 02, 2015, 02:26:51 AM
Congrats on being the new head!!

So.... gathering threads on here will still be a thing, right? :o

Seconding this on all counts.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Avairrianna

Glad to see you here! I'll help in what ever way I can. Looking forward to the move to Facebook and would love links to them whenever that gets moving!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Imperial

Angelx624

Thanks for the update!! And I know things can't really be said til stuff is set in stone. So we will be patient til then!!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Cosplay Circus

- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

Imperial

ghoulpixel

Thanks for the update!! Is the form gonna be similar to what we had in the past or completely and totally different?
kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD