Fanime 2018 Cosplay Gatherings News Update 2/23

Started by Imperial, October 26, 2015, 02:31:50 PM

Imperial

Just a mini update, as I have gotten some pings asking if everything is still going. It still is, I just got a bunch of paperwork, and waiting on others, before I can give another update for you guys proper. That, and 96 hour work weeks are "fun".

Angelx624

Well that's good to hear(the things are still going part..... :P )
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

InsaneDavid

I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Imperial

Main Post got an update, ORGANIZERS SHOULD READ THIS.

InsaneDavid

Thank you for the update!

Are Gatherings G2 and G3 (tiered platform east and west) still in play for this year?  Or is that off the table as a ground floor gathering spot as well?

MonadoLink

Quote from: InsaneDavid on February 20, 2017, 11:08:25 AM

Are Gatherings G2 and G3 (tiered platform east and west) still in play for this year?  Or is that off the table as a ground floor gathering spot as well?
Right now it looks like G2 and G3 will be fine.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: MonadoLink on February 20, 2017, 11:12:32 AM

Right now it looks like G2 and G3 will be fine.

Much thanks.

Imperial

Those are still okay, and things shouldn't interact with those spots that's going into the hub. Least that's what I am being told.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Imperial on February 20, 2017, 12:52:28 PM

Those are still okay, and things shouldn't interact with those spots that's going into the hub. Least that's what I am being told.

Awesome, thank you again!!  The exemplification of the past shall migrate toward the entrance doors then!

powerofunity

Thanks for the update, Imperial. Bummer about losing the Hub space, but hopefully Fanime is planning something super cool for it.

I like the idea of having a photographer-dedicated room (reminds me of the photo set rooms at Anime Expo, though obviously on a smaller scale and not so detailed). The room would also be quite useful if the weather turns out to be as hot as last year's, since photographers would still get decent lighting inside but without the heat. The name of the room is also super cute!

Ezruul

Thanks for the update! I wonder what Fanime has planned for this year...
Fanime 2014 - Ezreal
SacAnime Summer 2014 - Ezreal
SacAnime Winter 2015 - Ezreal

...see a pattern here?

Angelx624

Thanks for the update!! Stinks that we can't use the Hub anymore. But that's quite alright, I guess. There's still outside areas.... XD

And having a room for photos is great. ^^ Hopefully it can help cosplayers get some good photos of their cosplays that don't have any shoots scheduled with photographers. :O I might swing by to get some photos of cosplays I don't plan on scheduling shoots for. o.O Which reminds me, I do need to talk to my friends who are photographers that are scheduling shoots. XD

But I'll be here, waiting for the gathering submission form. I have quite a few people interested in an Ouran gathering, which is good, I think. Well, it seems less likely to be a flop than my Fruba gathering last year.... :(

Still wondering if the person who took over the Final Fantasy gathering last year wants to host again this year........ and if I should be in charge of the forums thread again......... ;_;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

bahamutknightzero

Thanks for giving us the update on things as they stand

Animegeek86

Quote from: Imperial on October 26, 2015, 02:31:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

Year 2 of me being the head of this department is nice. I got more of a grasp as to what my boss did from previous years, I got some policy changes for this next year that is critical for all the organizers to know (lets just say I had a headache with this previous year in some of the planning, most of it was my bad in comms, this policy change will make things clear for all.), and im finally getting back into con planning mode with a job in hand. I am announcing an announcement for the start of the year, 1/1/2017 as for all of my policy plans to be reveiled. gathering organizers, just know your going to be poking in here more often to maintain your gathering. and the hangout will be greater than ever!

Till the first, This is the madman from the reach,

Imperial

12/18

YELLOWEVERYBODYTHISISPURGE ,

Funny done, yay. Anywho, Update time, and quite a bit of news.

1. I have intituted a set of policies in regards to cosplay gatherings in order to maintain order between cosplayers, and establish rules. Its mostly for my sanity, but there for yours as well. You can read about it HERE

2. The big Fanime staff meeting is Sunday, January 8th. If you ever wanted to join Cosplay Gatherings staff, or wanted to meet the madman in charge of the department, you can do that at the meeting, place to be determined(its always one of the hotels of Fanime, so, can't go wrong there), but time is 99% of the time 2:30pm. At this meeting you get to learn alot of the con, and how much fun you can have in staffing it. if you want to say "SKREW THE MEETING I HAVE INTERNETZ", you can apply to a department anywhere here

3. Photos. We have had a problem with photos this year in getting them done in a timely matter. What I can do is point you to some of our photographers we had last year and allow you to get at the photos they each did until i can edit them all into a place proper. Here are some of their works (X) (x) X

And as soon as I get a decent group done of photos, I will post them and point you as to where they are.

Thats all she wrote for this round. I hope to see you all at the meeting if you wish, but until next time, this is the madman from the Reach,

Imperial

---------------------------------------------------------------

2/20

So, I do owe this area an update.

I myself appolgize that I don't have the form ready yet. I am waiting on my IT guy(It has to be done inhouse, so I cant take others work on google forms due to "lack of professionalism"), but he does have a good chunk of it done, just a matter of adding some things to the form. The moment he sets it live is the moment I will post here and update you on this.

Photos. The department that is responsible for posting said pictures has not finished last year's. I keep asking the chain as to updates, and yet to hear a solid date for them to be posted. Something that I myself may be doing is getting an outfit to do the watermarking so we can post them in a more timely matter. The person in charge knows this, and the editor in-house knows this. the voices are heard by me and the higher ups, and I just am trying to make things work out.

Gathering spots. So, Bad news, we (the department, not the con) are losing G4, the Raiser stages in the Hub. I don't know if I can say what will be there in its place yet, as I think the higher ups plan on announcing that at a later date, I will confirm and edit this accordingly. That said, I am being denied at putting a gathering space on the ground floor, so I currently do not have a replacement for it. Organizers should plan accordingly, let alone everyone else who used that space to sit down and cool off (There is always the Cosplay hangout, come drop by and check it out.)

New Room: We as a department gained a new room. We shall call this room for this year "Fantasic Cosplays, and Where to Find them." What this room will be used for is for photographers (not ours, but the folks that often set up outside) as a photography area, where pros can set up with backdrops and lights, the whole shebang in a controlled room. We plan to have the area used as a means to allow other photographers to do shoots inside with all means needed. More on this soon.

I think that's all I want to announce now. Thanks!

That is good.  Thanks for the information.

Nina Star 9

Excited to see what the hub space will be used for! I'm sure it'll be something good.

Also excited for the photo room. Any chance of getting AX-style backdrops or even just con-provided props to use?

Love Sign Master Spark

Last I heard, registration and badge pickup will be set up in the hub.  Well, that solves the mystery of why G4 won't be available.   8)

Imperial

Quote from: Love Sign Master Spark on March 02, 2017, 02:31:44 AM
Last I heard, registration and badge pickup will be set up in the hub.  Well, that solves the mystery of why G4 won't be available.   8)

I'm going to pull a mark rosewater and say maybe :)

thepharaohinleather

Thank you for the updates! Your organization and dedication to keeping us in the know is greatly appreciated. I can only imagine how hard it is to get your voice heard, thank you so much.
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

thecrazycyborggirl

Thanks a bunch for the updates!! SO excited for the photo room! What a great idea! Exactly what Fanime has been missing all this time.
~ Fanime 2022 ~

Imperial

Update on the first gatherings list, as well as a link to the form. can be found here: https://apps.fanime.com/2017/gatheringapp/