Registration 2016

Started by fanimefreak, November 02, 2015, 05:06:54 PM

fanimefreak

Anyone have any idea when registration for 2016 will open up?

Also anyone know about hotels and if they'll require registration to book a hotel this year?

VxAnime

Hi, Fairly new to the forums but from what I'm reading on other post its possible that they might officially announce it and put up registration this month some time (November). As far as hotels I'm sure its the same as last year specially Hilton since its connected to the convention center lol. I'm sure there's a few others they are working with such as Hyatt, Marriot, Etc. They usually provide Shuttle i believe to these other hotels.

I was hoping to get an early hotel reservation but i don't remember if they have deals and such, such as ordering through Fanime.Com and you get VIP or discount like it was for me at SacAnime. Last year Fanime was my first convention. Although fun I could not enjoy it to its full extent. I didn't have my license at the time and got a hotel about 10 to 15 minutes away or so. So i ended up spending around 20$ dollars back and forth for 3 days. So around 120$ Dollars for taxi alone. The hotel did not have a shuttle. So get your hotel reservation as soon as you can.

This is what I know so far. Most of the info being from last year so don't get your hopes up for anything you see in this section until The actual announcement. Hope this Helped!

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: VxAnime on November 02, 2015, 11:20:48 PM
I was hoping to get an early hotel reservation but i don't remember if they have deals and such, such as ordering through Fanime.Com and you get VIP or discount like it was for me at SacAnime.

Most of the hotels in the San Jose downtown area (including the attached ones) are already reserved for FanimeCon. You'll get a deal, but it's also the only way to get a hotel so they go in about an hour.

Melphina

Last year was my first year attending fanime and everyone told me the hotels filled up fast but i did not realize how fast they really went. They were almost all gone within the first hour or so. Was lucky enough to get one that had a shuttle with it. But my advice would be to check the site often to make sure you get one the day they announce the hotels are available to book.

VxAnime

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on November 03, 2015, 12:48:20 AM
I was hoping to get an early hotel reservation but i don't remember if they have deals and such, such as ordering through Fanime.Com and you get VIP or discount like it was for me at SacAnime.

Most of the hotels in the San Jose downtown area (including the attached ones) are already reserved for FanimeCon. You'll get a deal, but it's also the only way to get a hotel so they go in about an hour.

So should i make my reservations now since the dates are already up there or should i wait until official announcement? money is not necessarily a factor for me but would it also be possible to get that deal even though i made reservations ahead of time?

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: VxAnime on November 04, 2015, 01:51:11 AM
Quote from: Admiral Donuts on November 03, 2015, 12:48:20 AM

So should i make my reservations now since the dates are already up there or should i wait until official announcement? money is not necessarily a factor for me but would it also be possible to get that deal even though i made reservations ahead of time?

The hotels are already reserved by Fanime housing so the only way to get one is through them, and those are the only hotels to offer the Fanime rate. Only book now if you're okay with paying more for a hotel that won't be that close to the con.

fanimefreak

Anyone have any word when registration begins?

Kuudere

Quote from: fanimefreak on November 25, 2015, 11:31:04 AM
Anyone have any word when registration begins?

Nothing that I've seen yet, but I did see from an unconfirmed source that badges will be a little different this year, so I would imagine if that were the case, they may need more time to put everything together to make sure it all works correctly when they launch the site for badges. It may just be a rumor, though.

I highly recommend using their social media to warn you of when registration will go live. You can "like" their Facebook page, and under the arrow by the "like" button, there is an option to have notifications turned on whenever they make a post. They usually give at least a few day's notice before going live, so you'll have time to see the notification even if you don't check Facebook every day.

panther4200

Seems like they must be having some kind of issue, I don't remember ever having to wait this long for general registration to open. Anyone hear anything on when it might be opening? Normally at this point I'd be expecting the Hotels to start opening.

Ko-tan

Quote from: panther4200 on December 17, 2015, 09:27:07 PM
Seems like they must be having some kind of issue, I don't remember ever having to wait this long for general registration to open. Anyone hear anything on when it might be opening? Normally at this point I'd be expecting the Hotels to start opening.

Sadly, Last year (2015) is the first year pre reg has been open that early in a long time. I think for Fanime 2014(?) pre reg didn't open until February. I think something like that is gonna happen again. I can't find the exact post anymore(hmmm), but on one of Fanime's social media websites, Fanime replied to someones post and stated that there were issues regarding hotel negotiations and that is why pre reg is late. I did some research directly from a few hotels that Fanime usually uses for housing and realized there were hotels available for Thursday-Monday memorial day weekend, which in the past there was no way you would find available rooms, especially in December. In the past those days were always greyed out.

AngelWings

Hey Guys! Registration should be opening before the end of this month. And I would highly suggest keeping an eye to our social media.

Arianna Gonzales
Registration Second

kookiekween99

According to Facebook, registration will be going live today at noon. Hotel reservations won't be going live yet, so it's just badges right now.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

YaoiCat

Anyone know how much registration costs right now and when the first price jump will be?

Melphina

Not sure when the price jump is but it is currently $55.

AngelWings

In case you haven't found this www4.cmrreg.com/fanime2016/ Registeration is open!

airwickkim

And so it begins! Excited! :D

SquishyK

I find it amusing that they have us agree to the code of conduct when we register, but they appear to be updating the code of conduct atm. So you don't actually know what you are agreeing to. For all I know I've agreed to wear a cthulhu hat the entire time I'm on convention premises. Not that I would mind... #CthulhuHats2016
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

luffy77

That is one down.  Now lets just get that hotel reservation up so I can stop worrying about it lol.

TuxPaper

Anyone know if they fixed the 2-people problem from last year?  When we added a second person before payment, it broke the whole account and prevented payment. The fix required an e-mail to the Admin to make the account a "1 person" account again (and to have the second person register separately).

This year I'm scared to press that "Add New Member" button because it looks almost identical to last year's one.

megamanjoe415

Yes, they fixed the two person problem this year. I paid for myself and my fiance together and used the same email address. Two separate confirmation numbers were given with a QR code for both persons.