Registration 2016

Started by fanimefreak, November 02, 2015, 05:06:54 PM

InsaneDavid

I also wonder how big of a headache not being able to log back into an existing registration is going to create during badge pickup if someone needs to reprint / resend their QR code.  The way I see it right now, if you don't have your original e-mail then you are SOL.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Kyra_Maverick

I emailed the new company on the registration page yesterday and hope to hear something soon. I don't recall there ever being this many technical difficulties with reg and hotels this close to con before.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 17, 2016, 05:26:50 PM
I emailed the new company on the registration page yesterday and hope to hear something soon. I don't recall there ever being this many technical difficulties with reg and hotels this close to con before.

Cool.  I had thought that I may have found a way in through the old CMR links but sure enough, it's now just a redirect and still no way to login / print / resend the QR code.

https://www4.cmrreg.com/fanime2016/

This is a pretty enormous oversight, Fanime.

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: InsaneDavid on May 17, 2016, 06:03:03 PM
Cool.  I had thought that I may have found a way in through the old CMR links but sure enough, it's now just a redirect and still no way to login / print / resend the QR code.

https://www4.cmrreg.com/fanime2016/

This is a pretty enormous oversight, Fanime.
Yeah, I found that too and even emailed CMR asking if they still had access to reg accounts. They responded within 5 mins, but I haven't heard back from the new company besides an automated "we recieved your email" response yet. I'll try calling tomorrow, but their call center hours are much shorter than CMR's so it's a lot more inconvienient.

OtakuAngel87

has anyone managed to check their registration of badges? Also did anyone get the email thats needed for badge pick up yet??
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

Kyra_Maverick

I got a reply to my email, but the person I talked with didn't make it sound like there was going to be any way to check on things myself.

I also got a new email with a new barcode for picking up my group's badges.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: OtakuAngel87 on May 19, 2016, 06:07:10 PM
has anyone managed to check their registration of badges? Also did anyone get the email thats needed for badge pick up yet??

Nope, just the original e-mail with the QR code from WAY back when I registered.  Glad I print that out and stick it aside right after payment.

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 19, 2016, 06:51:57 PM
I got a reply to my email, but the person I talked with didn't make it sound like there was going to be any way to check on things myself.

I also got a new email with a new barcode for picking up my group's badges.

Great...  Thanks for looking into this.  Did you request a new barcode be sent or did a new e-mail just show up?

If the registration process has to change a little, that's fine.  However not giving anyone any sort of warning before changing registration handling companies, and then keeping this whole thing under wraps is what irritates me.

Kyra_Maverick

I did not request a new barcode, it was just sent to me. I thought everyone got a new one, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

OtakuAngel87

they usually send a new one at this time to take to pick up ur badges... I had emailed them about it awhile back and they said they were going to start sending it out within the next 2 weeks xp but it's almost the con and I don't have mine :(
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

InsaneDavid

Quote from: OtakuAngel87 on May 19, 2016, 09:15:03 PM
they usually send a new one at this time to take to pick up ur badges... I had emailed them about it awhile back and they said they were going to start sending it out within the next 2 weeks xp but it's almost the con and I don't have mine :(

Nothing here either, although I do thankfully have my original from back in January.  I've e-mailed Experient as well - absolutely no response.  What a great company.

InsaneDavid

Alright, I got a response on Facebook and then poof! a new e-mail with the little barcode arrived.  A comment on Facebook from someone listed as working for Experient (but never directly identified as such) said that the older QR code will not be valid and you must have the new barcode.

"The QR code will no longer be valid. You will be getting a new email this week with your registration details."

I still have yet to hear back from Experient customer support but I've given up on that.

However that this is not being widely communicated to the tens of thousands of registered attendees and then to have the new e-mail delivery not start until three days prior to event pickup is absolutely ridiculous.  Not to mention the only response I've been able to receive was from posting to an unofficial social media group.

There are way too many variables to be doing this last minute without any transparency to attendees.  Some examples: e-mail addresses may have changed with no way to update it, the new unexpected e-mail may be eaten by a spam filter, I noticed the new e-mail requires proper encryption on the receivers end - what if they're using an older e-mail client, database issue that prevents someone from getting the e-mail - not unheard of in a mass e-mailing, error on the new registration from a database integration hiccup, and the biggest problem and change - you can't log in and reprint it yourself or view it on demand.

Not one place on the new e-mail does it say something like, "Any previous proof of registration for 2016, including QR codes or prior receipts, are valid for membership pickup. Only this new barcode will allow you to receive your membership."  And guess what, FanimeCon Registration FAQ still says "Confirmation E-Mail with QR code/barcode that was sent to you after membership payment" - this whole thing is just building confusion for something that can be a stressful enough topic for staff and attendees.  This information should be on the main Fanime homepage as the primary topic for this week.

When customer service is very poor, it takes even longer to resolve issue such as these and registration changes have been locked down for at least two weeks without any warning or information.  The notion of "Santa Claus is going to bring you a new registration in the night - surprise!" isn't how an event company is supposed to run things.

Kyra_Maverick

I first emailed Experient on May 16th, I got a response on May 18th and was finally able to have my issue resolved today, May 23rd. That's a long time for an issue I used to be able to handle myself in previous years (I just wanted to update a fan name).

Last minute hiccups are one thing, but I wish this would have been advertised.

InsaneDavid

...........and now they've sent me that same e-mail like six times.  ???  That's not going to trigger a spam filter or anything.

Wait, wait, it gets better.  Experient also finally replied to my most recent inquiry as to reprinting proof of registration or if the QR code from CMR would be valid.  Didn't answer any questions, just re-sent the previously unsent barcode.

"I resent that to you.

Thank you, and have a great day."

First I thought he was insulting me.  "Resent" and "re-sent" are different words that mean totally different things.  Hilarious.

Nina Star 9

I'm really glad I read this thread, because now I know to keep an eye out for my new registration email (which I have not gotten yet). I would have never known that there was a switch of systems (and this close to con!) without reading about it here, since like most attendees, I figure that my registration code from when I paid for it is valid and what I need to bring to the con.

This is a bit of a nightmare, and I really hope that my email didn't get caught in a spam filter or anything.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 23, 2016, 12:35:53 PM
I'm really glad I read this thread, because now I know to keep an eye out for my new registration email (which I have not gotten yet). I would have never known that there was a switch of systems (and this close to con!) without reading about it here, since like most attendees, I figure that my registration code from when I paid for it is valid and what I need to bring to the con.

This is a bit of a nightmare, and I really hope that my email didn't get caught in a spam filter or anything.

I'm going to bring both the QR code as well as barcode because I have yet to see anything otherwise official from Experient or Fanime.  The only official contact I got from Experient didn't answer a single question, just sent the barcode a half dozen more times.  Again, my information is from an apparent Experient employee, posting with his personal Facebook identity, on the unofficial Fanime Facebook group.  I've loved a lot of places I've worked but I'd never represent them personally outside of work.  I'm probably wrong, as I'm wrong about most things, but this entire ordeal smells to me of a kickback somewhere for someone.

Nina Star 9

It does all smell pretty fishy. I don't see why they would switch companies within weeks of con, instead of bringing in the new company for next year, and I really don't see why someone from the company would answer on their personal Facebook account, yet we can't get information from the company itself.

If I don't get my email by the end of the day, I'll have to email them and see if I can also get my barcode sent to me half a dozen times. Better than not at all, I guess. I'll also bring both codes to badge pickup, just in case.

This is really frustrating. :|

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 23, 2016, 12:58:54 PMThis is really frustrating. :|

Exactly.  I feel like the new No. 2 because all I want is INFORMATION.

Oniko

Hi guys I'm a little late to the party and confused.  What is this about new emails?  My husband and I havnt gotten anything.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

OtakuAngel87

can someone please print screen what this new badge pick up email looks like please? Thanks.
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

YaoiCat

I haven't gotten a new email with a barcode yet, but this is a facebook message that I just received from Fanime staff: