Fanime 2015 Roommate thread

Started by therokito, November 12, 2014, 06:17:23 PM

rickyluu123

Hi my name is Ricky luu! i am looking for a Hotel that is close to the convention! am willing to pay up to $175!
I am 19 years old.
My favorite anime is AoT,SaO,DBZ,one piece and detective conan.

please contact contact me VIA email : [email protected] or my facebook rick luu tomoyo sakagami

thanks and have a good day

Amarok

Reusing my post from last year 'cause I'm lazy!

Need a room!

+ Introduction: Hi there!  My name's Mark, and I'm a dude in my mid-20s who lives in Portland. I'm a cosplayer, gamer, artist, fan of animu/manga, and I'm really easy-going, friendly, clean, and responsible. I had such an awesome time at Fanime last year that even though I moved to the NW since then, I'm coming back again this year...

+ Hotel Information: I'm looking for a room from Thursday until Monday if possible! I'd like to be in a hotel near the convention or on the shuttle line.

+ Requirements: I'm not very picky! I'm fine with rooming with people of a variety of ages/genders--just no kids, please. I just need space for my cosplay stuff (no big props this year!)/a spot on the floor to sleep. I hope to room with people who aren't so excited for Fanime that they forget to bathe. If you're a night owl/early bird or whatever that's fine and I can totally work around your schedule! I plan on being at the con except for when sleeping for the most part, so it shouldn't be a big deal.  ;D

+ Contact: You can send me a message here or via e-mail (amarok.tristalli(at)gmail.com), although e-mail's best as a last resort in case your mail gets stuck in my spam folder. I can give you a link to my FB if you want or try to talk to you on a messenger as well!

+ Miscellaneous: I can pay in advance, and if you have any special rules I can do my best to follow them (assuming there's nothing crazy!)

Hope to hear from somebody soon, and thanks in advance. :]

digipokefan

Hi, Kelly here,i'm 22 and I'm in need of room - yeah, I realize it's pretty late in the game, but I was waiting for confirmations from people that never came through so... yeah, that was a waste. anyway, if anybody else is a staffer - in need of room, we can get a discounted staff room together (we need at least 4 people :/) but since this is looking grim, I'm also on the hunt for a general room. I'm neat, orderly, and down for some fun - however, I will be working 12 am shifts in anime programming, so i'll still need sleep
Need a room:

+ Hotel Information: anywhere - preferably walking distance from the convention center and i'll need Thursday through Monday
+ Requirements: other than a place to sleep and bathe, nope, nothing - I can get my own food or do splitsies with a group meal like pizza
+ Contact: [email protected] or facebook: /kelly.munroe1
+ Miscellaneous: anything else you wanna know, ask :) - really appreciate any last minute help here

QuoteHi, name's Kelly, went to Fanime last year, got a room had a blast staffing.
This year, I'm in a bit of a pickle: I either need to share a room with anyone who reserved a hotel, or start a staff room with some staffers.
I'm fairly orderly and polite. I work full time and go to school year-round, so I'm fairly responsible. That being said, I'm down for a party, but I'll be working 12 am- 8 am shifts, so I gotta sleep sometime. other than that... anything you wanna know, ask away. Looking forward to a fun Fanime this year.
They say there is no such place as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing at all. No matter how far you walk, it's just the same road, it just goes on and on. But in spite of that...Why am I so driven to find it?
Kiba

Kpmonkeygirl

Roommates Wanted:
+ Introduction: Hello, my name is Cat. I been going to fanime for about 3 or 4 years now.
+ Hotel Information: The hhotel is Arena. From Friday-Monday. That means we gotta be there on Friday, and leave Monday.
+ Costs: Depends on how many people are going.  If we can get two more people to join us, it will be 100 each. Three more, 90, and so on. It is kinda debateable. We are just trying to make sure the room is paid for, and that we don't have to completely pay for it ourselves.
+ Requirements: From my experience for the most part, you people of fanime are pretty mature that I have no need to set rules. You guys are already respectful. So that is all that matters to me. :)
+ Contact: You can pm me. Or find me on facebook under Caitlin Frances Therese Ford. Don't add the Caitlin Frances Therese Ford CMT. That is my business page. Or email me at [email protected]
+ Miscellaneous: None. :) Me and a friend are the leaders I guess of this room. Idk if I will go, but he never has started a room before. So we are teaming up, and I am showing him how.... aka doing it for him. :)
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Elimeno

Looking to take over an un wanted or unfilled room.  I have a good amount of people coming in from out of state and the robs were booked solid while I was at work.  none of us will be smoking our drinking, I doubt we'll be in the room much at all.  we're long time veterans of Fanime some of us for 10 years now.  Feel free to pm me if you need any further information!
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

airwickkim

Looking for a room!

Introduction: 23 year old male. Though I live locally in San Jose, this is my first Fanime and my friend recommended getting a room because it's more fun! :) I'm super chill, respectful, amicable, and would love to meet new friends!

Hotel Information: I would preferably like to stay the entire weekend (Thursday/Friday - Sunday/Monday) and for the hotel to be within walking distance.

Requirements: For the most part I'm good with anything, though I'd like to have a bed and my own room key. No roommate preference!

Contact: My email is [email protected]. You can email me at first and I can send you my number/Facebook/etc if it's easier for to communicate with.

Miscellaneous: I kind of don't know what to expect, but I assume I'll be going out and returning fairly late going to the events and probably go to the bars. So I guess someone who is cool with that (or join!) would be best!

Darren Brimhall

Need a room.

I am Staffing Clockwork Alchemy for the first time, but have been a longtime Fanime Staffer since 2006.
Am 50 years old and quiet.  Can sleep on floor if nessicarry.

Hotel preferred is the Doubletree, but wont say no to the Marriot, Hilton and Fairmont.

Will be up Friday afternoon/evening from the Fresno area.

E-mail is [email protected].

Thank you.

Me and my Girlfriend are looking for a room, preferably the Fairmont but one close by is all that matters. We are bother around 30 and very nice and respectable. I'm a game artist  and she's a nurse so we will be able to pay the hotel fees. Please message me at [email protected]
Henry Ong
Marketing Staff
ex-3 minute film head
100%Bishounen meat
FOLLOW THE PATH OF THE SEXY COMMANDO!!!

Pandas

Roommates Wanted:

**Spots are still available, but they are going fast. Please email me if you are serious and want a spot at the Hilton  ;D

+ Introduction: My name is Polly. I am currently staying with other females, so I prefer to have females for roommates but males are considered if you are nice and keep to yourself. We are all over 21 years of age (21-23). Prefer 21+ but will consider 18+ roommates. We are friendly and easy to get along. One of the roommates have been staffed before  :) We are looking for cool and chill roommates to be friends with, so if you want a good con experience, consider making friends with us  ;D

+ Hotel Information: We are staying at the Hilton (SUPER close to the convention) for the entire event: Friday-Monday(checkout) .

+ Costs: The cost will be $120-150 per person so far. Depending if we can get more people, your cost may go down. We would prefer if you can pay in advance (as soon as possible prior to the con) just so we know that you are committed to staying with us and for us to secure a spot for you in the room.

+ Requirements:    No smoking please. Alcohol may be present as we are all 21+...no heavy drinking. Please take care of your hygiene - we don't want to have any weird smells. No drama please, we just want to enjoy this event.

+ Contact: email me at [email protected] if you are interested with the subject title for fanime 2015. Please email me with an introduction of yourself. If you have FB, let me know as well.

+ Miscellaneous: The beds will most likely be filled up, so bring your own blankets to sleep on the floor in case we run out! It would be a plus if you are a night owl & laid back  :)

FutureJaneCrocker

Looking for a room:
+ Introduction: Hi there, I'm Keith! I'm 18, ftm, and this is my 4th year (and possibly last) at fanime! My facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/keith.mcelvain.5 and my cosplay page is here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Illumination-Ego/1400109206943092?ref=bookmarks

+ Requirements: I'd prefer stay in a co-ed/female room. I am a night owl and will mostly be out of the room. Looking for a non smoking/drinking room. I'd prefer a floor space.

TheLovelyJubilee

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hello I am looking for a room for me and a friend.
+ Hotel Information: Need a room for day Zero till the last day. Really want a hotel with in Walking distance so Hilton, Marriott, Sainte Claire, Hyatt, and The Fairmont  would probably be ideal.
+ Requirements: Just need a bed for my self, my friend is adjustable.
+ Contact: Please send a private message through here.

CT Chibo

Hi everyone, I'm from way out in NJ. For any of you that happen to be in the Super Smash Bros competitive community, I run CLASH Tournaments live streaming and am a avid competitor. My work needs me in Santa Clara on the week after this con, so I had them fly me out early so I could make this!

I just got my flight situated for my girlfriend and I, but unfortunately it looks like every hotel is sold out. Does anyone know of any way I can get a room within walking distance of the con from Friday until Monday or Tuesday? Didn't know if there were any waitlists or reserved blocks of rooms for attendees I didn't know about. Hopefully not having to pay more than like ~150 per night, but I'll consider whatever. I just really don't want to fly here from NJ and be completely stranded lol.

Worst comes to worst I suppose I can get a hotel in Santa Clara and take the Light Rail between there and the con each day, but I was hoping to not have to rely on that since the Light Rail doesn't seem to run between like approx 1am and 5am, and I wanted to take good advantage of the 24hour-ness of the con.

Thanks!

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: CT Chibo on April 06, 2015, 01:39:08 PM
Hi everyone, I'm from way out in NJ. For any of you that happen to be in the Super Smash Bros competitive community, I run CLASH Tournaments live streaming and am a avid competitor. My work needs me in Santa Clara on the week after this con, so I had them fly me out early so I could make this!

I just got my flight situated for my girlfriend and I, but unfortunately it looks like every hotel is sold out. Does anyone know of any way I can get a room within walking distance of the con from Friday until Monday or Tuesday? Didn't know if there were any waitlists or reserved blocks of rooms for attendees I didn't know about. Hopefully not having to pay more than like ~150 per night, but I'll consider whatever. I just really don't want to fly here from NJ and be completely stranded lol.

Worst comes to worst I suppose I can get a hotel in Santa Clara and take the Light Rail between there and the con each day, but I was hoping to not have to rely on that since the Light Rail doesn't seem to run between like approx 1am and 5am, and I wanted to take good advantage of the 24hour-ness of the con.

Thanks!

Hate to break it to you, but getting a hotel that's close by for a good price is going to be easier said than done at this point.  Right now you have two options: first is to post your email and hope that someone in this roommate thread messages you with space for two in their room.  For the second option, yes there is a waiting list, but you have to book a room through Fanime Housing before you can get on it.  So you'll have to find a hotel that has a vacancy for one night, book it, and then get on the waiting list for the whole weekend.  (Go to Registration from the Fanime homepage, follow the steps to get your admission badge, and after that you'll be prompted to book a room through the system.)  I'm not sure how good your chances of getting something that way are, though.  Also, if you go on the waiting list but can't get anything in time for the con, know that you need to cancel before April 24th to avoid a fee.  So if you get on the list but they can't get anything for you, you'll want to cancel the room you used to get on and just book elsewhere.  (Hopefully that made sense.)

There are many other hotels near the CC, but they likely won't be as close as the Fanime Housing hotels, and/or they likely won't be as inexpensive.  You might want to do a Trivago search or something, see what's available, and book through there if you want to get something immediately, vs waiting for a roommate or getting on the list.

Tigerprawn

ROOM AVAILABLE

DISCLAIMER:

It's all about safety when traveling! If you do decide to stay with me I will give you the address and my cell phone number before hand. Make sure your emergency contacts know where you're staying. I'll also include proof of residency in form of a picture of my California's DL, and link you to my Linkedin profile. If you need further assurance we can discuss additional information that I can release to you.

Local HERE!

I was born and raised in SJ and I've lived in DTSJ for 8 years now. This year I decided to sublet my living room (quite large) to 1-2 people, possibly 3 people max. I'm looking to make a little extra cash, house some hopefully cool and down to Earth con goers, and overall just have a good time.

Please read below and PM your email address if you're interested.

Information:

+ Located right next to San Jose State University in a Victorian home converted into an apartment complex. The location is literally   across the street from SJSU and is about a 5-10 minute walk to the convention (maybe a little longer depending on how elaborate your cosplay is :P)
+ Free use of the facilities; Restroom/Shower, Microwave, Refrigerator, Wifi, TV, Etc.
+ I have a pug. May not be the place for you if you're allergic to dogs or cuteness.
+ As noted below, I'm also providing a free shuttle service this year so if I'm available I don't mind giving you rides to and from the      convention.
+ I'm a local! If you need recommendations I have them!
+ Prices are negotiable and I guarantee will be cheaper than what the hotels are asking. We can discuss details via email or over the phone. Preferably over the phone.

Requirements:

+ Ages 21+ please! Nothing against the younger con goers, but I prefer people who are generally more mature and stable.
+ Valid driver's license
+ If it's a party of 2-3 people, all people within the party must know each other.
+ Drama is not welcome
+ Alcohol is welcome, but no heavy drinking, know your limits, and be respectful.

I'm also running a FREE shuttle service within DTSJ (at my own leisure) If you need rides to and from the con and I'm free I wouldn't mind. Otherwise it's a very nice and short walk.
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19933.0.html

jediFrank

Looking for a Room
+ Introduction: Hi, I'm Frank, I'm a 30 year old male from San Francisco. I'm pretty laid back.
+ Hotel Information: I'm looking for a hotel within walking distance (preferably Fairmont or Hyatt) for Friday through Sunday night.
+ Requirements: I just need a place to crash at night that isn't terribly expensive.
+ Contact: PM me here.
+ Miscellaneous: I will be cosplaying most of the weekend. Also I am driving down from San Francisco Friday morning and may be able to give people rides from the SF area to the con.
~ Tentative 2016 Cosplay Lineup~
Bartolomeo (One Piece)
Erza (Fairy Tail)
Neptune (RWBY)
Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who)

oneoftwo

Need a room:
+ Introduction:Hey everyone! My name is Julie Wright (one of two) and I'm an artist who will be participating in the alley.
+ Hotel Information: Close to the convention is best since I'll be flying in.  I'll be coming in Thursday and probably be leaving Tuesday morning the 26th.
+ Requirements: Since I'm an artist I don't want to be staying up till 4 in the morning every night. So if you're hours are decent I'd love to room with you!
+ Contact: Julie Wright: [email protected]
+ Miscellaneous: http://www.lesserkeystudios.com/ianua/home/

Red_Eye

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hello soon to be Fanime 2015 attendees!  Safe to say housing this year has been crazy, huh???  Anyway, in hopes of sticking to my usual standard of finding a close by lodging for the weekend, I'm seeking a potential room and roommate who wouldn't mind some added company during the fun and festive Con Fanime always is!  I'm a 28 y/o male and for a portion of the weekend am expected to be accompanied by by girlfriend, 27 y/o female.  I come with a big bag, but promise to not take up too much space!  Ready and willing to share/split cost as I'm sure it'll be a good deal cheaper than what I'm paying now while booked at a less favored location for the time being...

+ Hotel Information: Either the Marriot or Hilton are my 2 top picks.  But any hotel within a relatively close by walking distance works!

+ Requirements: I'd like if possible at least one spare bed to have for me and my gf.  She'll most likely only stay one night.  Also one room key for myself.  Am an average down to earth attendee, and follow a typical sleeping pattern usually between Midnight and 7-8AM.  So no wild party rooms or late night owls if you please.  If these are simple enough requests, we'll get along just fine.  ^_^

+ Contact: PM this account please.  Or email me at [email protected]  Please link to your reply here if you've posted looking for roommates.

+ Miscellaneous: Am a BIG retro fan.  Both in anime and video games.  Just to name a few: Sailor Moon, DBZ, Tenchi Muyo, Pokemon, Digimon, Sonic, Mario, Streets of Rage, Columns.  If you're a fan of the same, you've just made a new friend for sure!

amiko

Hi!

Looking for room space for one. I'll be attending the con late Friday (heading down sometime in the afternoon from San Francisco) and heading back late Sunday. I'm hoping to find space to share a bed (I'm old and have back problems), but other than that, I'm very respectful of space. I'll probably be out late one night hanging and drinking with friends, but won't bring anyone back to the room period. I can pay my share of the room in cash once I get there. You can check me or on instagram @amikothecat.

meliza09

Hi!

I'm looking for a hotel room! I need a one or two bed room at the Fairmont, Hilton, or Marriott. If you have an extra one or thinking about canceling your reservation before the deadline (4/24) please contact me first!

Thanks!

-Meliza

AlohaKekili

So I didn't want to make a new thread for this but I'm trying to figure out how to work the Fanime forums.

So hi everyone I'm Desiree (21) my friend Damari (25) and I are looking for roomates. We are both active duty Marine from Camp Pendleton. Not really the party type. I found a hotel that's a 2 bed for $95 a night and is 3 miles from the convention center.

We prefer people who are clean and neat. 21+ please.

If you are interested please contact me at [email protected]