'World Order' Flash Mob

Started by Red_Eye, January 01, 2016, 09:35:00 PM

Red_Eye

Ok.  So I had this idea for last year's Con, but it didn't work out unfortunately.  So I figure, why not try again?  So here it goes!  ;D

To anyone interested, I'd like to possibly set up a random flash mob-esque gathering/performance to 'World Order' by World Order.  Yes, the double speak is intentional.  See linked vid for visual reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGdyaDnnrLM

So the big question is who would like to take part?  In all honesty, even if no one is interested, I still plan to perform it myself solo if I have to.   8)  I just figure it'd be a lot more fun and with the spirit of the convention to have a group going for it together.  So if anyone would like to join me in this, let your voice be heard!  It may still be 5 months until Fanime weekend, but it's never too early to plan things, y'know!

HaidenHomestuck

IF I can memorize the dance, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this!

I hope you get more people.

Red_Eye

Quote from: HaidenHomestuck on January 05, 2016, 03:51:59 PM
IF I can memorize the dance, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this!

I hope you get more people.

Well, have fun learning!  Hint: watching them on screen, reverse your direction of movement compared to them to do it correctly.  OR face the screen to a mirror and copy it exactly as such.

Heck, even if you don't memorize it, I don't expect a flawless performance.  Just a fun act   ;D

Red_Eye

OKAY!  Time to update with further information!  So for those willing to give this flash mob a go, some guidelines on the movements:

-I'll most likely take the leading position myself, as in the front most spot.  So for those joining in, you can watch the link provided above in the first post and may practice the moves of the 4 supporters in the group.

-To perform the sequence correctly, while watching the video straight on, your moves will be the mirror opposite of theirs.  If that's too difficult, play the video against a mirror and follow the movements exactly. 

-Some parts may seem difficult at first.  But like most dances, if you follow the beat you may catch on quickly.

-Although I'll be in the lead position, I do not plan to do exactly like the leader does the whole way through.  So don't be surprised if I don't fall flat onto the ground just to jump back up again.  I'm sure my costume will not agree with that.   ::)

Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have in mind.  I've never tried something like this before, but am fully willing to do so anyway!  I hope others out there will as well.   8)

Angelx624

So, this is happening again?? Awesome!! XD

I hope to join in this time. ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Red_Eye

Quote from: Angelx624 on January 22, 2016, 08:39:50 PM
So, this is happening again?? Awesome!! XD

I hope to join in this time. ^^

Sadly it didn't go down last time   :'(    But this year, it shall!  Hope you'll join too!

Red_Eye

*BUMP*  So, anyone else possibly interested in this?  And if so, feel free to ask any questions or share any suggestions.

Red_Eye

Those considering participating, what day and time would work best for you?  Open to suggestions on when works best for everybody.

Red_Eye

*BUMP*  Fanime's closing in, everybody!  As of now, I'm leaning towards planning for this to go down either sometime Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.  (Have to look at the photo shoot schedule first to see which works better...)

Remember to look up at the first post for the dance routine.  Still planning to do it this time, whether joined together or solo by me!   ;D

akamitsuki

lol I remember doing this dance for an event at school, shouldn't be too hard to relearn.  Totally would be down in the afternoons!

Red_Eye

Quote from: akamitsuki on May 10, 2016, 08:09:58 PM
lol I remember doing this dance for an event at school, shouldn't be too hard to relearn.  Totally would be down in the afternoons!

That's awesome to hear!  Afternoon it will be.  Now just gotta think about the day...

Red_Eye

UPDATE!

I predict the Flash Mob attempt will go down at some time Saturday afternoon.  No set time yet, still considering that.  Am open to any suggested times, except for anytime between 12pm-1pm and 3pm-4pm.  Gonna be a couple of photo sessions I don't wanna miss...

Show of hands for taking part?   8)

Red_Eye

FINAL UPDATE! 

It's GO time, people!  Saturday 1PM in the main courtyard outside the convention hall entrance.  The 'World Order' flash mob is goin' down!  I've been talkin' with con music provider DJ 'eHash', and he's agreed to assist by offering a portable dj station to play the song for the dance.  Pretty sure that won't be too difficult to find among the crowd.   ;D

Still need to get some of the moves down?  Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGdyaDnnrLM

Hope to see folks join me when it happens!  And of course, have lots-o-fun this weekend!