Hotels....

Started by fanimefreak, January 03, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

fanimefreak

I'm sure at this point everyone is stalying the forums to see if any info on hotel reservations becoming available.

Anyone have any info to share? Secrets?

Fanime why no word!!!!!

Red_Eye

My advice:  Just watch like a hawk everyday (at least once in the mornings before 9 or 10) for any possible new postings or info.  Odds are once the announcement is made, the reservations will open very shortly afterward.  Much like how the Con tickets themselves opened this time around.

Just keep a close watch.

echoshadow

Quote from: fanimefreak on January 03, 2016, 06:25:54 PM
I'm sure at this point everyone is stalying the forums to see if any info on hotel reservations becoming available.

Anyone have any info to share? Secrets?

Fanime why no word!!!!!

They have a hard enough time making the schedule release date the week of the con, what makes you think they could release hotel information on time....er... I mean when the contract finalized with CMR?
Come on now. After 4 years of basically the same rodeo you'll think they'll get it right?

Just keep checking the main site, forums, fb and Twitter for info if and when it's up.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

fanimefreak

I was looking for information not the typical echoshadow pessimism. But thanks, I'll do my best to take all my potential fun and the fun I have at fanime with a grain of salt. I should know by now the staff of volunteers who work hard in other avenues of their lives use fanime as a way to just fuck with people and stress them out. Echoshadow please never respond to a post of mine ever again. Your constant negativity and pessimism offers no solution help. I'm tired of looking at the forums and seeing it laden with your hate

echoshadow

Quote from: fanimefreak on January 05, 2016, 07:56:11 AM
I was looking for information not the typical echoshadow pessimism. But thanks, I'll do my best to take all my potential fun and the fun I have at fanime with a grain of salt. I should know by now the staff of volunteers who work hard in other avenues of their lives use fanime as a way to just fuck with people and stress them out. Echoshadow please never respond to a post of mine ever again. Your constant negativity and pessimism offers no solution help. I'm tired of looking at the forums and seeing it laden with your hate

Awww :( hug?
It's not me you should be mad at.

If this was the second time you attended fanime I would be nice to you.
But, it's not. You know the deal. It's been the same answer it's always been for the last 5 years.
The info comes out whenever it comes out. Neither me, you, some staff know. When ever the top brass in charge deems it's time, it's then.

If my comments bum you out, too bad. It's the real world. When things go bad for things/stuff you paid for, you have the ok to voice your dislike. When you do that, things get fixed, the problem, corrected to ensure it doesn't happen again. Its been proven year after year. Just have see where the "wheel of fix" lands this year.

There you go. Hugs and kisses.
Loving yours,
Echo.

fanimefreak

Actually, this will be my third year attending and so far it's Ben a great experience. Aside from the chaos of trying to book the hotel rooms, I haven't had any issues.

Ihave enjoyed the convention both years I've been. I loved the panels I saw, the cosplays, the location, the people, the raves, everything. I genreally enjoy myself at the con.

All you do is seem to bash it and hate on it. So, why even go? You seem to have the whole con figured out so why waste your time on the forums? Go do something else, be pessimistic somewhere else. Or offer solutions. How about being something more than cynicism and hate?

Amanojaku

Quote from: fanimefreak on January 06, 2016, 12:00:36 PM
All you do is seem to bash it and hate on it. So, why even go? You seem to have the whole con figured out so why waste your time on the forums? Go do something else, be pessimistic somewhere else. Or offer solutions. How about being something more than cynicism and hate?
I second this, as a crusty old Fanime vet who still enjoys the con every year.  Maybe its just time for him to move on.  His doom and gloom posts are anything but helpful.
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

vralls13

I have 1-16-16 on my calendar as hotel reg open date, from Facebook.

phr34kish

Quote from: vralls13 on January 07, 2016, 08:00:38 PM

There hasn't been any formal announcement from what I've seen - do you have a link to the source for that?

SweetNiar

A while ago i saw people mention the 19th on facebook and yesterday i saw they confirmed it to be on that date, but always double check by maybe calling CMR housing?  Or just keep checking like crazy everyday....one thing is for sure it is coming pretty soon :)

SquishyK

No date has been officially confirmed. The last word I saw on it was posted on twitter on Dec. 21 saying it would likely be January/February (https://twitter.com/AngrySean/statuses/679061902257881088). There has been no word from what I can see on Fanime's Facebook page. They did however say on Facebook that they will provide more advanced notice for hotels then they did for badge registration.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

echoshadow

Quote from: fanimefreak on January 06, 2016, 12:00:36 PM.....

Quote from: Amanojaku on January 07, 2016, 01:47:45 PM....
I second this, as a crusty old Fanime vet who still enjoys the con every year.  Maybe its just time for him to move on.  His doom and gloom posts are anything but helpful.

Rofl.
Frist off, you need to look up what hate means one more time. If I really said hateful things it would make you cry. (Which I think I already did, sorry if I did.)
Like I said before if my comments get you bumed out, too freaking bad. It's not me you should be mad at. Unlike you two, I do try to make fanime better each year. I always attend the feedback panel at the end of the convention. I give the chairman(s) my two cents, the good and the bad fanime was.  How else would fanime get better if they never hear the problems. Maybe both of you are shy or don't want to offend anyone but I'm not like you to sit back and keep quiet.
If they didn't listen nor read these silly forum post, fanime would still have the 5 reg booths and those horrible badge printers, and the 3+hour line con.

SweetNiar

Is it possible to stay on topic here?  I am sorry you got your feelings hurt from people who dont like your attitude, but this is not the place for your ranting.

DangerHeart

Quote from: vralls13 on January 07, 2016, 08:00:38 PM
I haven't seen any formal announcements yet. Plus I think a Saturday would be very unlikely since I think the CMR company is a Mon-Fri gig(I think). I've seen lots of people in the past suggest a weekend release so more people have to the chance to book without school/work obligations, but I think it's been shot down every year since the company isn't open on the weekends.

OGIGA

The phone recording says January 19, but the person who you would talk to on the phone says it's still subject to change. At this point, I speculate that 1 week notice isn't something they're going to do, so I predict it will be delayed later.

Since they are supposedly going to enforce paid registration to book a hotel, I have to guess that they still hadn't figured out what to do with (wild guess) 10% of the people who don't register the usual way. That means industry, press, vendor, prepaid from last year, and probably some more categories I don't know about.

Lastly, let's stay on topic. A comment like "The info comes out whenever it comes out" is basically "Let's shut down this thread". Where are the moderators to clean up off-topic content? (feel free to remove this paragraph too)

Amanojaku

Quote from: echoshadow on January 11, 2016, 06:32:33 PM
Quote from: fanimefreak on January 06, 2016, 12:00:36 PM.....

Quote from: Amanojaku on January 07, 2016, 01:47:45 PM....

Rofl.
Frist off, you need to look up what hate means one more time. If I really said hateful things it would make you cry. (Which I think I already did, sorry if I did.)
Like I said before if my comments get you bumed out, too freaking bad. It's not me you should be mad at. Unlike you two, I do try to make fanime better each year. I always attend the feedback panel at the end of the convention. I give the chairman(s) my two cents, the good and the bad fanime was.  How else would fanime get better if they never hear the problems. Maybe both of you are shy or don't want to offend anyone but I'm not like you to sit back and keep quiet.
If they didn't listen nor read these silly forum post, fanime would still have the 5 reg booths and those horrible badge printers, and the 3+hour line con.
There is nothing you could do to make me cry, big guy, I promise.

There is a difference between criticism and constructive criticism, and yours always falls to the former rather than the latter.  Heavily slanted, useless and unhelpful, particularly to people new to the con.  I'm not shy, and I give my feedback thoughtfully and tactfully; two things lacking from your equation.  So your criticisms help improve the con and yet you also contend that it continues to get worse.  What an amusing contradiction. ;)
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -

echoshadow

Re-read my shitty complaints again. As an example I bitch about 10 things that are bad with fanime with the last 4 or 5 years. Fanime did fix one or two each year. Thus I'm currently bitching about the same 4-5 problems instead of the 10. I see zero contradiction there. Nice try though.

I'm thinking either your friends or their buddies are staff or in some way part of staff. So me "bashing" them makes you upset. I get it. no one wants to hear their buddies getting "trashed talked". Then again if your buddies are slacking off, they should get an ear full. Just like in the real world.

Quote from: OGIGA on January 13, 2016, 12:01:45 AM....
Lastly, let's stay on topic. A comment like "The info comes out whenever it comes out" is basically "Let's shut down this thread". Where are the moderators to clean up off-topic content? (feel free to remove this paragraph too)

Well if it was me incharge of Fanime's PR. I would just put out a blanket general statement like "We're still working on the hotel reg, stay tuned for updates."  About every month. That way it clams the masses, and you know they are working on it thus you won't have these threads.  That's better than zero official post on fb/twitter/forums/etc.

Till that changes, my "it comes out when it comes out" comment is going to be the proper response. I did try to sugar coat it by saying check social media.

I do thank the mods for keeping my bitching post here. That just shows some staff wish they could do more but can't. Unlike fb post where they delete negative posts.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Too much testosterone in here.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Amanojaku

Quote from: echoshadow on January 13, 2016, 07:53:38 PM
Re-read my shitty complaints again. As an example I bitch about 10 things that are bad with fanime with the last 4 or 5 years. Fanime did fix one or two each year. Thus I'm currently bitching about the same 4-5 problems instead of the 10. I see zero contradiction there. Nice try though.

I'm thinking either your friends or their buddies are staff or in some way part of staff. So me "bashing" them makes you upset. I get it. no one wants to hear their buddies getting "trashed talked". Then again if your buddies are slacking off, they should get an ear full. Just like in the real world.

I don't need to read your shitty complaints again because you post the exact same thing frequently enough that I think we're all aware of what grinds echoshadow's gears about FanimeCon each year.  Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back; the improvements you cited are simply the natural progression of a convention increasing in size born out of necessity, not the ground-breaking ideas of the resident forum troll.  We've doubled in size so we need to rework registration? What a revelation!  So brilliant of the convention center to come up with all that extra space for it too!

I think its funny that for me to enjoy the convention as it is, I simply MUST have some personal bias, such as a friend being on staff.  Yes Echo, the thousands who attend each year are actually all having a miserable time, but they all hide it because their close personal friends are staff.  I guess you caught me red handed; my friend volunteered to run a video room in 2007.  Obviously, this is why I enjoyed the con in 2015.  Your sleuthing skills are beyond reproach.
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -

megamanjoe415

Please, lets try to stay on topic. I know as hotel registration goes, it has always been like this. Please be patient. Watch all the social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Forums, and even the website.

Some people have already asked if they have missed the registration deadline. The answer is not yet. More information will be posted at a later date.

There has been some question about the confirmed date January 19th. That date is a possibility, but unlikely, since it is only 5 days away. Fanime has been known to do things in it's last minute, but 5 days is cutting it. Also I have called the registration number to verify and re-verified, it seems they are discussing about an actual date for their website to be ready for.

I know things are hard, especially something so important as Fanime hotel registration. I've been going to Fanime since 2006 and still love going to this convention due to friends new and old. It is important that we help each other, especially some people may be their first time even going. Having an attitude on the forums, if someone new checks it, they may not even want to go to Fanime due to some posts.

Also, for a last note, it has been confirmed that badges are needed to get hotel rooms, and each badge, regarding group registration or not, will have a confirmation number when receiving the badge email.

This is the most help I can give. I actually want to help if I could do more, but please try to stay on topic if possible and be helpful when any of you can.

Anime_Files
Fanime since 2006