Hotels....

Started by fanimefreak, January 03, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

Gwydion

I registered 3 other people under myself shortly after the Twitter post for reg appeared on the first day. Each one using their actual info, Including email addresses. We all got the email for the same date and time. Checking with one to see if the confirmation numbers are the same...they aren't.

Interesting.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on February 17, 2016, 01:01:42 PM
It looks like all that is needed to book the room is the attendee's last name and their registration number. You can access this info for your group by logging into the registration website. I imagine everyone in the group has the same booking window.

Yeah, was just about to post this.  In the Fanime Hotels e-mail it states:

"If you have registered any guests, it is your responsibility to inform them of this booking window. If they reserve a room separately from you, their Confirmation Code and Last Name will be required to complete their reservation."

Sounds like everyone in a group will have the same window as the group leader and it is the responsibility of the group leader to distribute the information to their group.  It also sounds like each person who would like to book a room will use THEIR individual confirmation code and THEIR last name.

Of course no one will know for sure until that first window opens up.

Additionally your original Confirmation of Registration e-mail / receipt should list the confirmation number of each person in your group in the section after your "Profile" in an area titled "Registration Summary" - there should be one for each person.  It should say -

"Registration Summary -- (CONFIRMATION CODE) (NAME ON BADGE)" (Group Leader)
(List of leader's membership and rest of group along with badge cost for each)
(Table with Fees, Payments, and Payment Date / Type)

"Registration Summary -- (CONFIRMATION CODE) (NAME ON BADGE)" (Second Member)
(Their membership and registration fees)

"Registration Summary -- (CONFIRMATION CODE) (NAME ON BADGE)" (Third Member)

etc.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

OtakuAngel87

thank you so much, ill definitely forward that info to my team :)
Quote from: InsaneDavid on February 17, 2016, 01:59:30 PM
Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on February 17, 2016, 01:01:42 PM
It looks like all that is needed to book the room is the attendee's last name and their registration number. You can access this info for your group by logging into the registration website. I imagine everyone in the group has the same booking window.

Yeah, was just about to post this.  In the Fanime Hotels e-mail it states:

"If you have registered any guests, it is your responsibility to inform them of this booking window. If they reserve a room separately from you, their Confirmation Code and Last Name will be required to complete their reservation."

Sounds like everyone in a group will have the same window as the group leader and it is the responsibility of the group leader to distribute the information to their group.  It also sounds like each person who would like to book a room will use THEIR individual confirmation code and THEIR last name.

Of course no one will know for sure until that first window opens up.

Additionally your original Confirmation of Registration e-mail / receipt should list the confirmation number of each person in your group in the section after your "Profile" in an area titled "Registration Summary" - there should be one for each person.  It should say -

"Registration Summary -- (CONFIRMATION CODE) (NAME ON BADGE)" (Group Leader)
(List of leader's membership and rest of group along with badge cost for each)
(Table with Fees, Payments, and Payment Date / Type)

"Registration Summary -- (CONFIRMATION CODE) (NAME ON BADGE)" (Second Member)

"Registration Summary -- (CONFIRMATION CODE) (NAME ON BADGE)" (Third Member)

etc.
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

InsaneDavid

Quote from: OtakuAngel87 on February 17, 2016, 02:24:02 PM

No problem.  Keep in mind I'm NOT staff or anything, that's just the way I'm interpreting the information in the hotels e-mail and the earlier conformation receipt e-mail.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

OtakuAngel87

yep... Still doesn't hurt to pass info on to team members. Hopefully they will officially respond to my email and I can get accurate info
Quote from: InsaneDavid on February 17, 2016, 02:34:23 PM
Quote from: OtakuAngel87 on February 17, 2016, 02:24:02 PM

No problem.  Keep in mind I'm NOT staff or anything, that's just the way I'm interpreting the information in the hotels e-mail and the earlier conformation receipt e-mail.
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

novaks47

Quote from: YaoiCat on February 17, 2016, 11:34:57 AM
Quote from: OtakuAngel87 on February 17, 2016, 11:16:22 AM
I just got mine too, however, I thought it was 1 confirmation per badge?? How does it work if your a group leader? My date is 24th at 6 am >. <

I'm wondering the same thing, I'm a group leader and I have a couple of other people in my group that will need to get their own room, but I'm the only person who received the email about hotel booking window.

The 24th at 6am though, that's a good time slot!!  Mine isn't until the 25th at 12pm, I hope there are still rooms available :/

You and me both! I live too far away to not have a hotel room! Add to that, the regular rates are way out of my budget.  :o Fingers crossed!

Angelx624

I got an email, too. Though I'm not really planning on booking a room myself this year, still nice to see the emails being sent out. XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Freud

24th @9am unfortunately haven't found any roommates so I'm not sure if I want to risk booking it. I guess I can always cancel but this is my first time even considering a hotel room so I'm way too new to this.

OtakuAngel87

well it never hurts to book it and look for roommates later on. There is bound to be people looking for a room who couldn't reserve one themselves. As u said u could always cancel it. Since you have a really good time block and considering a room, id recommend going for it. They don't charge your card until you check out
Quote from: Freud on February 18, 2016, 08:35:32 AM
24th @9am unfortunately haven't found any roommates so I'm not sure if I want to risk booking it. I guess I can always cancel but this is my first time even considering a hotel room so I'm way too new to this.
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

Nina Star 9

The 25th at noon, paid for my registration right after the hotel announcement.

I hope there's still connected hotels available at that time. I wonder what my odds are?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on February 18, 2016, 10:42:25 AM

I hope there's still connected hotels available at that time. I wonder what my odds are?

I guess Im going to have to sabotage you aye?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Runewitt

I still havent gotten my email.. should i be worried? I know that it is just info on when hotel booking will be open, but it will be nice to know.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

OtakuAngel87

when did u pre-reg? I know people who pre-reg in Jan already got theirs. Worse case u could wait til general release of rooms on the 29th xp.
Quote from: Runewitt on February 18, 2016, 09:30:12 PM
I still havent gotten my email.. should i be worried? I know that it is just info on when hotel booking will be open, but it will be nice to know.
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

fatlifts

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on February 18, 2016, 10:42:25 AM

Got the same day, the 25th, at 9am. Personally, when I saw the time slot, I immediately went to register at my second choice (The Westin), probably the most convenient hotel (just across the street) besides the connected Hilton and Marriott hotels and a bit cheaper as well than either of those at the full rate.

Runewitt

Quote from: OtakuAngel87 on February 18, 2016, 10:29:32 PM
when did u pre-reg? I know people who pre-reg in Jan already got theirs. Worse case u could wait til general release of rooms on the 29th xp.
it looks like my payment went through on the 4th of this month.

OtakuAngel87

since the priority registration was based on badge purchase dates, u might get an email sometime this weekend, but due to late registered date, u might have to wait for the general public reservation period.  However don't quote me I'm not staff this is all an assumption, hopefully you r still able to reserve a room
Quote from: Runewitt on February 18, 2016, 10:48:17 PM
Quote from: OtakuAngel87 on February 18, 2016, 10:29:32 PM
it looks like my payment went through on the 4th of this month.
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

Angelx624

I might book a room after all just in case, cause I'm feeling super picky this year, compared to last year's room experiences. :X (I realize now that shoving 7-8 people into a room really isn't my thing, no matter the costs. But if I get my own room then I can choose how many people I want staying with me...)

And I can always cancel the room if I end up not needing it. But if I can find enough people to room with me by the 25th, I guess this'll be my first time booking. >_<"
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

OtakuAngel87

that's true, u can always cancel the room if u dont end up needing it, plus they usually have a later cancelation date then fanime
Quote from: Angelx624 on February 19, 2016, 01:02:05 AM
I might book a room after all just in case, cause I'm feeling super picky this year, compared to last year's room experiences. :X (I realize now that shoving 7-8 people into a room really isn't my thing, no matter the costs. But if I get my own room then I can choose how many people I want staying with me...)

And I can always cancel the room if I end up not needing it. But if I can find enough people to room with me by the 25th, I guess this'll be my first time booking. >_<"
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

Runewitt

Finally got my email. It said they recieved a bounceback message so it couldn't send originally. Friday the 26th at 9am. Thanks.

OtakuAngel87

that's good to hear :)
Quote from: Runewitt on February 19, 2016, 04:36:40 PM
Finally got my email. It said they recieved a bounceback message so it couldn't send originally. Friday the 26th at 9am. Thanks.
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon