Hotels....

Started by fanimefreak, January 03, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

Gtamute

I'm thinking we all might be fine. I understand people are worried, but how many people are actively staying ontop of these things? Count how many people have been posting in this thread for the past few weeks... Multiply that by like 10 and I think that gives an rough estimate of how many people are going to REALLY pay attention to hotel reg times.

Now think about how many rooms the convention is reserving per hotel? I'm willing to bet it'll be more than a handful.

And NOW think about how many people are paying for their hotels with their own money, not their parents, or a pool of cash with friends? Those are the people who will most likely be getting the hotel immediately.

Breath, we'll all be neighbors in the Marriott. (Or whatever the connected hotel is.)

Nina Star 9

I admire your optimism, but if you honestly think that only a handful of people are going to be trying for hotels when they open, you've clearly never been part of a Fanimecon hotel booking experience before.

Kyra_Maverick

Take a look at how many followers fanime has on facebook and twitter, then multiply that by 10 and you might have a more accurate idea on how many people are staying on top of hotel bookings.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I got anxious and wanted to see how many rooms are available in the area.

If you multiply that by 4, that is 8580 occupants, assuming that most people fill to capacity, and those that only have 1 or 2 people will be covered by those that stick 6 or 7 in a room.

Fanime 2014 had an attendance of about 27000 people. Worst case, only ~32% of the attendees get a room. But I imagine this number of course includes the many locals that come for only 1 day or commute over from home and otherwise do not have a hotel room. Id spit around the ballpark of at least a 3rd of that number are those, so id imagine something along the line of ~48-50% of attendess seeking a room will have a room.

Of course I am assuming the rooms listed available on the hotel website are the actual number of reservable rooms and that attendance does not skyrocket and people stuff there rooms to capacity and that indeed a good number of locals and casuals attend and commute over.

Good Luck Sweethearts...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SquishyK

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 21, 2016, 08:26:40 PM

~48-50% of attendess seeking a room will have a room.

funny, 100% of my friends and acquaintances that look for lodging at Fanime have always been able to make some arrangements. No matter how late in the game they start looking.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: pitin on February 23, 2016, 10:22:08 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 21, 2016, 08:26:40 PM

~48-50% of attendess seeking a room will have a room.

funny, 100% of my friends and acquaintances that look for lodging at Fanime have always been able to make some arrangements. No matter how late in the game they start looking.

Sounds anecdotal.
While Im sure there are some glaring flaws with my loose guesstimation, 100% of people getting a room seems fairly unlikely.
Though the number is of course ignoring people who book a hotel outside the system, so there is that.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Runewitt

Quote from: Gtamute on February 20, 2016, 11:32:27 AM
Breath, we'll all be neighbors in the Marriott. (Or whatever the connected hotel is.)
i'm not going to the Hilton or Marriot, heading back to the Ramada, close, free parking, free wifi, free breakfast.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Does anyone know how many windows there are each day?
I thionk all I have seen is 6am and 12pm mentioned.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

OtakuAngel87

Im fairly sure there's at least 3 cuz I've seen people say 6 am 9 am and noon. Idk if there's any afterwards
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 23, 2016, 08:49:53 PM
Does anyone know how many windows there are each day?
I thionk all I have seen is 6am and 12pm mentioned.
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

svatoid

Well that went smoothly. Had my reservation at the Marriott in under 5 minutes.

kyosuke

For all you 6am-ers out there, reg is up, got my room, no lag or delays, all very quick and easy! Hope everyone gets what they wanted tho. Good luck everyone :)

Konekogami

I got my room with no issues either!

fanimefreak

wooohoooo!

It only took 1 minute to make my reservation!

spookdy

Tried to book the Hilton Doubles from Thursday-Tuesday, immediate a lot of hotels became unavailable. As soon as I was booking the Hilton, it said it would be overselling for me to book and to call the number. They put me on a waitlist and I had to book the Ramada. We'll see if the waitlist works. They said I would know if the waitlist pops by the 17th of May, but to me that is really cutting it close to knowing what hotel you are staying at.
TOUCH FUZZY, GET DIZZY

fanimefreak

Quote from: spookdy on February 24, 2016, 06:31:39 AM
Tried to book the Hilton Doubles from Thursday-Tuesday, immediate a lot of hotels became unavailable. As soon as I was booking the Hilton, it said it would be overselling for me to book and to call the number. They put me on a waitlist and I had to book the Ramada. We'll see if the waitlist works. They said I would know if the waitlist pops by the 17th of May, but to me that is really cutting it close to knowing what hotel you are staying at.

really? because i'm looking at it right now and it says available

spookdy

Quote from: fanimefreak on February 24, 2016, 06:33:05 AM

Yeah, for 4 adults from the 26th to the 31st it says unavailable for both doubles from the Hilton and the Marriott.
TOUCH FUZZY, GET DIZZY

Kyra_Maverick

I also was able to book smoothly, only a bit of lag while sending out confirmation emails.

fanimefreak

lag in confirmation emails? They keep sending me a confirmation email every 15 minutes, lol

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: spookdy on February 24, 2016, 06:38:57 AM
Quote from: fanimefreak on February 24, 2016, 06:33:05 AM

Yeah, for 4 adults from the 26th to the 31st it says unavailable for both doubles from the Hilton and the Marriott.
This is likely due to your Thursday arrival date. In the past when I stayed at the Hilton I would always need to be waitlisted for Thursday.

YaoiCat

I wonder if they'll be opening up new rooms with each priority booking block or if this means that Hilton doubles are unavailable from here on out.