Hotels....

Started by fanimefreak, January 03, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

PacificPikachu

Nooo, it seems I missed out again! Ugh, I'm so frustrated!  :'( Nothing available again. If only I had checked a little earlier...

Going to give them a call and see what happens, I guess...

EDIT: I called, there was nothing they could do and representative didn't seem to know why people weren't being moved from the waiting list into the rooms that became available.  :-\

YaoiCat

So is the waitlist a lie, or what?  Seems super unfair :(

PacificPikachu

Quote from: YaoiCat on May 17, 2016, 02:43:43 PM
So is the waitlist a lie, or what?  Seems super unfair :(

I've heard of a few people getting bumped up from the waiting list, but not many... I don't get what the deal is. :(

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 17, 2016, 01:09:40 PM
Thanks to this I snagged a room at the Hilton, I could literally cry.

I did briefly question the agent on the phone and he really didn't have an answer more than speculation of "Could have accidentally been opened up by an agent's mistake" or something of the sort.

I'm super ridiculously happy I got the Hilton, but am still confused and sort of annoyed at the lack of fairness!

Yay!

It looks like this year you have to do a lot of your own legwork to get a room, contrary to what the "official" information may say.  Most of the people I've seen get the rooms they want, have done so because they called themselves.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

PacificPikachu

Oh, I was refreshing wildly and suddenly... The Marriott was open! Switched it over in about two seconds, and now everything is exactly how I wanted it. I'm SO happy and relieved! Fingers crossed for anyone still waiting on a better hotel--don't give up hope!

Oniko

omg you guys it's true.  I too noticed marriott with "select" instead of waitlist.  I called housing and they were able to move me!  I dont know if I still have to pay for one night at my old hotel but really it's worth it as a AA Artist.  Now I dont have to shuttle.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

YaoiCat

Quote from: PacificPikachu on May 17, 2016, 03:39:24 PM
Oh, I was refreshing wildly and suddenly... The Marriott was open! Switched it over in about two seconds, and now everything is exactly how I wanted it.

Seriously?  I'm happy for you and totally don't blame you for seizing the opportunity, but this is very unfair for people on the waitlist :(

I emailed fanime booking to ask why hotels are being made available via the website instead of going to people on the waitlist, and they responded with an email that basically said that I personally will not be getting through on the waitlist because of out 470 people I'm halfway down the list and blah blah, which doesn't answer my question at all.

So annoying!

EDIT:
I just called Fanime booking in hopes for a more direct response, but they also didn't know why rooms are going to the website instead of the waitlist.  They also told me that everything as far as they could tell in their system is unavailable, and that the deadline for all changes is 6pm tonight so things "don't look promising"  -_-

AnimeJet

Hey i JUST got an email saying i was moved off the waitlist! I'm now in a 2 bed room at hilton xOX So even tho i missed those openings (wtf?) i still got off the waitlist and i'm a 12pm 25th slot

Mango Bunny

Quote from: YaoiCat on May 17, 2016, 03:57:25 PM
Quote from: PacificPikachu on May 17, 2016, 03:39:24 PM
Oh, I was refreshing wildly and suddenly... The Marriott was open! Switched it over in about two seconds, and now everything is exactly how I wanted it.

Seriously?  I'm happy for you and totally don't blame you for seizing the opportunity, but this is very unfair for people on the waitlist :(

I emailed fanime booking to ask why hotels are being made available via the website instead of going to people on the waitlist, and they responded with an email that basically said that I personally will not be getting through on the waitlist because of out 470 people I'm halfway down the list and blah blah, which doesn't answer my question at all.

So annoying!

EDIT:
I just called Fanime booking in hopes for a more direct response, but they also didn't know why rooms are going to the website instead of the waitlist.  They also told me that everything as far as they could tell in their system is unavailable, and that the deadline for all changes is 6pm tonight so things "don't look promising"  -_-

That's.... infuriating.

YaoiCat

Quote from: AnimeJet on May 17, 2016, 04:20:30 PM
Hey i JUST got an email saying i was moved off the waitlist! I'm now in a 2 bed room at hilton xOX So even tho i missed those openings (wtf?) i still got off the waitlist and i'm a 12pm 25th slot

Hmm this raises more questions for me.  I was also a 12pm 25th slot, got on the waitlist right away, and yet the email that I got from from Fanime booking earlier today said I am still halfway down a waitlist of 470+ people.

Well, in any case, congrats! At least the waitlist is working out for someone!

Vasyenka

Quote from: YaoiCat on May 17, 2016, 04:25:46 PM

Hmm this raises more questions for me.  I was also a 12pm 25th slot, got on the waitlist right away, and yet the email that I got from from Fanime booking earlier today said I am still halfway down a waitlist of 470+ people.

25th/12pm slot here too, my waitlist went through back on the 9th. Friend of mine was on the waitlist 25th/6am and she still hadn't heard anything on hers. This year's hotel situation is just a nightmare all around!
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

TC X0 Lt 0X

Yep my wait list went through, now all my rooms are at the Hyatt and I dont have to deal with the headache of having my goup booked in at multiple places.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

AnimeJet

Quote from: YaoiCat on May 17, 2016, 04:25:46 PM

It probably depends on your exact request and such?  I know people who are just adding extra days got theirs first, but i was moving from 1 bed room in westin to hilton/sheraton/hyatt. It might be different if you were moving from fairmont or a different room configuration, etc

TC X0 Lt 0X

Its possible for those on thye waitlists not being moved because of the days they selected Id imagine. Friday to Monday will probably be more often available then Thursday to Monday. I have seen instances of rooms only being booked for Thursday nights and shit.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.