Hideo Kojima Panel possible multiple ones.

Started by tokenflipguy, January 08, 2016, 06:50:08 PM

tokenflipguy

I was surprised by the turn out last year for the MGS panel, so I'll probably re-purpose it as a Kojima's game panel so Snatcher and Policenauts have more of a focus this time around. Another Panel I'd like to do is maybe Shenmue or Yakuza.  Any up and coming games you want a panel about? Post here.
"The net is vast and infinate" - Motoko Kusanagi Ghost in the Shell

tokenflipguy

Hideo Kojima panel submitted, this one will be a doosy. 2 Hours!

About the other one? I am kinda leaning towards Shenmue.

tokenflipguy

Shenmue Panel it is. I just submitted the request.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: tokenflipguy on February 23, 2016, 09:04:36 PM
Hideo Kojima panel submitted, this one will be a doosy. 2 Hours!

That sounds outstanding.  Toward the end of the Q&A last year, after I asked about preference between Snatcher and Policenauts, I was hoping that you would return and elaborate on your views about the games.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

tokenflipguy

The Shenmue and MGS Panels were approved.

ComptonsLeastWanted

Oh, I would have loved a Yakuza panel! Those games are great. Well, maybe next year. :) My friend loves Kojima and is interested in attending that one.
Fanime 2016:
Friday: Louise, with partner as Tina (Bob's Burgers)
Saturday: Professional Kyubey (Madoka Magica)
Sunday: Kyubey again for PMMM gathering / Monomi (Dangan Ronpa 2)

rogerfox

Oooh, a Shenmue panel! That should be a lot of fun. Maybe a Shemue and on the side Yakuza panel with it? As I always think of them as linked.

ComptonsLeastWanted

I would love to play Shenmue as it definitely seems like the type of game I'm in to (the NPCs have schedules?! ;D) but I never owned a Dreamcast. Hopefully with the new game coming out they'll re-release them on newer consoles...
Fanime 2016:
Friday: Louise, with partner as Tina (Bob's Burgers)
Saturday: Professional Kyubey (Madoka Magica)
Sunday: Kyubey again for PMMM gathering / Monomi (Dangan Ronpa 2)

tokenflipguy

Panels are approved.
Hideo Kojima Panel
Saturday, 7:00 PM, 2 hours
Panels 4
No restrictions on video recording or photography.
16+ (not recommended for those under 16)
Hideo Kojima, one of Japanese video gaming's few auteurs has been a hot topic for video gaming last year. For 30 years has shepherded the Metal Gear series. Since that was his main body of work this panel will focus on his more obscure games in his career such as Policenauts. We'll also go over his life, inspirations, and as well as the new Kojima Productions and his partnership with Sony. As usual, there will be guest appearances, commentary, trivia, and videos.

The Legend of Shenmue
Friday, 7:00 PM, 1 hour
Panels 1
No restrictions on video recording or photography.
16+ (not recommended for those under 16)
Shenmue 3 was a dream that came true last year, but for the uninitiated the first 2 have been coveted as legendary Yu Suzuki's masterworks. This hallmark of Japanese gaming as well as open world titles, quick time events and the original was one of the most expensive video games at the time. Join us as we guide you through the first 2 titles that appeared on the Sega Dreamcast and Xbox. We'll also cover the man himself, Yu Suzuki as well as the development history.