Happy new year everybody! The maid cafe is back to start the year by welcoming new talent to our cafe. Our auditions will begin in February so here is everything that you will need to know about becoming part of the Fanimaid family. Remember to follow us on our Facebook page
for the latest announcements.
First off, here are the basic requirements
for volunteering for Fanimaid Cafe:
1. You must be a girl, and at least 16 years of age by FanimeCon. We are strictly a maid only
2. You need to provide your own registration, transportation, and approved uniform.What kind of girls are we looking for?
Well, while we're fairly easy-going and open about the girls we invite into the Fanimaid Cafe family, we do have a few things we look for! But don't be shy! We don't bite. (This is a family friendly volunteer gig, and being a maid is completely NON-SEXUAL.)
1. You love anime/manga/games and have an interest in maid cafes, moe-kei, and Akiba culture!
2. You want to learn how to be a maid, dress up in a cute maid uniform, and meet people!
3. You're willing to sit with patrons and partake in fun conversations and games
4. You're willing to dedicate at least 4+ hours per day on Saturday and Sunday for cafe shifts. *We stress that volunteering with us will require a big time commitment out of your weekend so please bear this is mind.*
5. You're willing to be on a team with a bunch of cute maids and give it your all to make Fanimaid Cafe 2016 as awesome as ever!!!And a PLUS would be (but not required nor do they affect your eligibility for joining):
1. You have serving experience in a restaurant (We are also looking for people with California-registered Food Handlers cards!!! They're extremely easy to get, if interested.)
2. You're interested in performing on Stage Zero with your fellow maids
3. You've been to a maid cafe in Japan and are knowledgeable of related subjects
Note: When you become a volunteer at FanimeCon and work up to 20 hours related to Fanimaid Cafe, you may be reimbursed for a full-weekend badge! But you still need to purchase your registration first, and ask about volunteering by contacting the volunteering department, or upon pick-up. Volunteers below the age of 18
will need to have a waiver filled out by a parent/guardian in order to volunteer under any circumstance (whether or not you plan on fulfilling 20 volunteer hours).
- - -
We'll be hosting try-outs starting late February
, and we need you to pass ONE try-out in order to volunteer. (Please show up to only ONE try-out.) Upon passing, we require you to keep up on e-mail updates and announcements, as well as attend a mandatory meeting on Friday evening of FanimeCon.This year's try-out dates will be in multiple locations:
Clicking on the try-out location will bring you to the official Facebook event! (Facebook event pages will be created soon. Check back later!)San Francisco Japantown:
The courtyard across the street from the Pagoda. We'll be meeting in the round stone seating area in front of Shabu-sen. (Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/Lt99B
The street in between is Post St.)San Jose Convention Center:
We'll be meeting in the San Jose Convention Center. Please meet us in the lobby. It is important that you arrive on time, as we will not allot for more than 15 minutes of tardiness before we move on. Location on Google MapsWeller Court at Little Tokyo, LA:
The L.A. tryout will be hosted in Weller Court.Dates:San Jose:Saturday, February 20 at 12:00 PM - 2:00 PMSaturday, March 5 at 1:00 PM - 2:30 PMSan Francisco:Saturday, February 27 at 1:00 PM - 3:00 PMLos Angeles:Saturday, March 12th at 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Online applications will not
be offered this year. The option to apply online will only be given under special circumstances. Please PM me or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions or negotiations regarding this.
Fanimaid Cafe is a fun experience, and many of us have made irreplaceable memories and experiences making friends and growing together, as well as found many opportunities through our event. We welcome many of you to join our family, make friends, work hard, and most of all, enjoy yourself! Our staff consists of knowledgeable, helpful, and supportive people here to make Fanimaid Cafe a great team to be a part of. Being a maid is a lot of hard work, but if you're willing to give it your all, we promise you that it'll be a memorable experience.
We hope to see you there!
Let's go Fanimaid! Moe moe kyun