[ACCEPTED] Dragon Age Otome (Fanime 2016)

Started by feministlarxene, February 05, 2016, 10:26:04 PM

feministlarxene

Hey everyone! A couple of us are thinking about possibly holding a Dragon Age dating game kind of panel & are trying to see who would be interested! we haven't officially done anything to open auditions or the like, as we weren't sure how interested people would be. AUDITIONS OPEN! KEEP READING!!

this panel will be held in the style of a dating game show with participation from the audience. the selected audience member(s) would pick 3 numbers from a hat to determine their potential dates from our cast of panelists. the contestant would then have 10(maybe?) minutes to ask the 3 characters they picked any questions they wish (within reason!) from behind a blindfold & pick who they want to 'date' at the end of this time based on the answers. depending on time constraints we may or may not have time for an in-character Q&A session at the end and, if all goes well, those who are chosen to participate in the game can get prizes!

PANEL FACEBOOK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1562379034076098/
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/events/1596804287304556/

DATE: Saturday
TIME: 4pm-5pm
PANEL ROOM: Panels 3

APPLYING FOR A CHARACTER
Want to apply for the panel? Awesome! Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "DRAGON AGE OTOME APPLICATION"

Here's the ~*~official~*~ application!

QuoteName:
Email (for contact purposes):
Character name:
**Please remember to include pictures of your cosplay*!!!**

Please answer the following questions IN CHARACTER:

• Tell me about yourself.
  • What is the first thing that attracts you to a person?
  • What is your most attractive feature?
  • What is your ideal date?
  • Would you ever date a mage? An elf? Dwarf? Qunari? All? None? Some combination of these things?
  • What's an automatic turn off for you?

Please answer the following questions OUT OF CHARACTER

• Is there anything you would be uncomfortable with doing during the panel?
  • Anything concerning anxiety issues that I should know about ahead of time?
  • Any other information I should know about you?

*if you do not currently have pictures of your completed cosplay, please let me know! you are also welcome to send in progress pictures in place of a completed cosplay provided it will be done by Fanime

PLEASE NOTE: THIS PANEL HAS NOT BEEN SUBMITTED/IS NOT CONFIRMED. THIS THREAD WILL BE UPDATED WITH MORE INFORMATION LATER. THANK YOU!!!

there are TWO DEADLINES FOR AUDITIONS

• PRIORITY DEADLINE: your auditions will be considered FIRST for the character(s) you apply for. PRIORITY DEADLINE IS MARCH 31STPRIORITY DEADLINE IS PAST!!!
  • FINAL DEADLINE: any and all applications MUST be submitted by this date. Anything after this WILL NOT be considered UNLESS you have messaged me previously. FINAL DEADLINE IS APRIL 30TH
[/s]
  • CONFIRMATION EMAILS will go out the day after each of these deadlines. Final confirmed list will be posted here (hopefully) by MAY 7TH

now, y'all are probably wondering "but why is the priority deadline so early????" because, lets be real for a minute, i'm in my final year of college and i have (unfortunately) other things that take priority over reading audition emails. i'd much rather have the people who want to be in the panel get their applications in ahead of time so i have extra time to talk to them about it if need be. thanks again and feel free to message me for more information!

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS:

• Warden Commander Mahariel (host) - D
  • Inquisitor Lavellan (cohost) - Viggo
  • Zevran Arainai (panelist) - Helen
  • Garrett Hawke (panelist) - Daric
  • Isabela (panelist) - Sydney
  • Morrigan (panelist) - Kokeshi
  • Varric (panelist) - Sasu
  • Merrill (panelist) - Quinn
  • Dorian Pavus (panelist) - Percy

PANEL HAS BEEN SUBMITTED!! ALL AUDITION ACCEPTANCES ARE CONTINGENT UPON FINAL/OFFICIAL PANEL APPROVAL!!!
PANEL HAS BEEN SCHEDULED & APPROVED! ALL ACCEPTANCES ARE OFFICIAL!

-D
contact me @feministlarxene on tumblr

feministlarxene

Auditions are open! Feel free to message me with any questions!!!!

feministlarxene

UPDATE TO AUDTION INFORMATION- DEADLINES POSTED!!

feministlarxene

Hey guys! All the accepted priority applications have been posted! Reminder that we are STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL APRIL 30TH so feel free to still try out if you see a spot that isn't taken! Thanks!!

feministlarxene

Panel has officially been accepted! We are still accepting applications until the end of the month and may extend that deadline further if deemed necessary!

feministlarxene

Final deadline has passed! If people are still interested in applying for characters, their applications will be reviewed conditionally until 5/12.