New event: Fanime Ninja game

Started by commisar_maticus, February 28, 2016, 06:34:35 PM

commisar_maticus

Hi I'm Mat head of the new department Chibitainment. This year we will be holding a new event called the Fanime Ninja Game. 10 to 20 people to a pod. Players form a circle, each standing at arm's width away from each other. On the count of "3... 2... 1... NINJA!" all players jump into ninja poses. Choose your pose wisely! Randomly choose a ninja to begin. On their turn, each player is allowed to make one swift ninja attack. KAPOW! This can involve your whole body. HAYA! Eliminate others by striking their hand - the wrist is not included. You must stiffly hold the position you end your move in. The next player is allowed to move once you have have finished your attack. If you are attacked by another player, you may dodge using only your arms. When only two players remain, they begin the final duel. The final two ninjas stop fighting, bow, and stand back-to-back. On the count of "3... 2... 1... NINJA!" they jump into poses. The ninja with the boldest pose goes first and play resumes normally. The game ends when only one ninja remains. First place will receive a trophy and a spot on the Fanime Ninja Heroes plaque. Number of players and pods will be posted at a later date.

ash

Organized ninja! I like this idea.

acexl

oh man i am really excited about this!!! time to start training, any li shang cosplayers that can help out there? or kakashi, yondaime?

commisar_maticus

this event will be held on Saturday 11am - 5pm in the Extravaganzas office in the room of 211c near the video rooms. I would of liked to have this outside but the parks are controlled by the city and the legal mess is too much for this year. As this is a smaller room I am splitting up the games to hopefully 2 games of 10 per hour maxing out the participants at 100. The final 2 of each game will go to the finals. Signups will begin Friday at 4pm (2pm if the room is ready and my full staff is not needed for opening ceremonies) and close at 8pm. On Saturday morning before the event from 8am - 10am will be another chance to fill up the final spots. 10 to 15 replacement spot will be given after The 100 for people who do not show up at the time of the game. As this game includes physical contact legal is telling me i need to have entries sign a waver for physical contact/injury and to sign a waver you must be 18 with government Id or have a parent/guardian to sign.

commisar_maticus