Akatsuki no Yona 2016 Gathering

Started by Navashuryn, March 30, 2016, 05:25:45 PM

Navashuryn

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the Akatsuki no Yona 2016 Gathering thread! It looks like I will be hosting this event, unless someone elsewants to step up and do the job. I'm new to the whole "hosting gatherings" deal, so please be gentle with me, lol, and any advice and suggestions are welcome!

Day : Friday
Time : 4-5pm
Location : G9 = "Fallout Zone" outside alcove in front of Registration building

Legal Statement-Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Cosplayers :
Estimated Attendees
Myself as Yona or Pirate Yona (depending on my mood)
KomaedaNagito as Kija
Xia as Yun

Photo Order
Group Photo(s)
Individual Characters by Joining Order (Ex: Starting with Yona, then Hak, then Yun, etc.)
Dragon Warriors
Yona & Hak
Requests
Second Group Photos, for any latecomers!
(My brain died, so if you have any suggestions on Photos and such, let me know!)

Link to Facebook Event: https://m.facebook.com/events/1283239321703425

ghoulpixel

Good luck in hosting fam! When I hosted a gathering I usually also did individual character photoshots because there weren't that many in the fandom and you should too if ya wanna uwu just a smol suggestion!
kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD

Xia

It's easier to see what group photos the gathering should have as more people sign up. But yeah, there definitely will be enough time for group shots per main character. I'm not sure if other dragons are going to show up, but instead of just a Shin-ah group shot, for example, it could be a Seiryuu group shot, so that includes Ao as well (if any Ao cosplayers show up XD)

But awesome, thanks for being brave and hosting your first gathering! I'll be going as dragons mom Yun!

Navashuryn

Thanks for the suggestion(s)! I'm trying to remember what I saw last year... There were quite a few Yonas and Yuns, a few Shin-ahs, Haks, Soo-wons, and I think one Jae-ha... Sadly, no Zenos, and I can't remember any Kijas. Yona was definitely the most prevalent, lol. It'll be interesting to see what the dynamics are going to be this year.

Navashuryn

Oops, for some reason I quoted the first post instead of updating it, lol.

Navashuryn

And I just created the Facebook event page!

ghoulpixel

You're welcome uwu can't wait to come as Kija tho & i'm joining the FB event too!

Oh yeah adding on to that! My preferred time would be over 4:00 PM because I'll still be in school until 3:30 and we have to drive around half an hour to get there and get our badges and all
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Monday - TBD

Navashuryn

Awesome! And that was going to be my next question, lol. I'll try to get it for sometime in the late afternoon, then.

Navashuryn

Okay, so far I have two votes for Friday (preferably in the afternoon), one for Sunday, and one with no preference (me). I also have three confirmed cosplayers, and one maybe on the event page. So... anybody else have an opinion, or a desire to come to a gathering?

Navashuryn

Okay, just thought I update; looks like we have five "maybes" on the Facebook event, though no idea on who they'll be cosplaying, lol. I shall send in the request form today, I think. I shall try for a late Friday timeslot, but I think I'll keep Sunday as an open option. Any suggestions for location?

Xia

Was there an AkaYona gathering last year? If so, where did they meet up? Maybe that might be a good location to revisit. Or if not, I personally think the tree area by Marriott would be a good choice that's close to the main hub (con center).

Navashuryn

Quote from: Xia on April 14, 2016, 01:33:01 AM
Was there an AkaYona gathering last year? If so, where did they meet up? Maybe that might be a good location to revisit. Or if not, I personally think the tree area by Marriott would be a good choice that's close to the main hub (con center).

There was an unofficial one, but I can't remember where it was, lol. Oh well, I submitted the form and chose a place that seemed right. Now, to just wait for a message.

ghoulpixel

I'd prefer a location outside the convention center like G7 or something but it's up to you UwU
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Monday - TBD

Navashuryn

I think I put G9, since it is right outside registration, lol. Sounded easier to find to me. ;D

ghoulpixel

Quote from: Navashuryn on April 14, 2016, 02:31:48 PM
I think I put G9, since it is right outside registration, lol. Sounded easier to find to me. ;D

Great p sure I know where it is! It's that dipped place that you have to go down the stairs from right?
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Monday - TBD

Navashuryn

ghoulpixel

Sweet! Hopefully I can make it on time after my school day end!
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Monday - TBD

Navashuryn

Quote from: KomaedaNagito on April 17, 2016, 06:53:14 PM
Sweet! Hopefully I can make it on time after my school day end!
You could always join in whenever you get there. Maybe I'll add a second group picture at the end, for any late comers.

Navashuryn

Fanime is just around the corner! Anyone else coming to the gathering, or have ideas for photos?

SquishyK

I posted photos from Fanime weekend (including the ones I took at the gathering and of other yona cosplays) to my tumblr account: http://squishykreations.tumblr.com/post/145312454234/photos-from-fanime-weekend-some-of-me-and-my
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"